Home
UFC Undisputed 2010 News Post

What's up guys (and gals)

My name is "THQ Tank", or just Tank as I'd prefer. Your new Official WWE / UFC Community Manager, coming to you straight from the former heart of EA as the previous Command & Conquer Community Manager for the last 6+ years, now here at THQ. I'm quite the seasoned Community Manager with a heavyweight belt of experience and great friends with "Marcus", were each others inspiration, now we work together, not a bad gig.

I was recently presented a golden opportunity to come tackle this fighting community for THQ and finally give them, and more importantly the dev team(s) and community a voice they absolutely deserved.

If you missed my intro on our official UFC boards, check out the sticky thread here:

http://community.ufcundisputed.com/forums/topic/165794

While I am a huge proponent of being communicative and loyal to our “homeland”, my equal priority and “mantra” as a Community Manager is engaging and interacting with our external hardcore community, you guys who generally have some of the most constructive ideas and feedback around. Not to mention, you'll slam me down like a 10-story building falling flat on my face if I don't listen all around, so trust me, been doing this for 6+ years, you have a voice you can trust which will be heard by the dev team, and will also talk back. I'm a nice guy, no worries. And I like to bang down doors.

Concerning UFC 2010, the update I posted yesterday in General Discussion and the first blog on our official site

http://community.ufcundisputed.com/forums/topic/169296

…really encompasses the heart of the matters at the moment. I assure you, myself and the dev team are reading all over, I also just need a little bit of breathing room to get my chops down and around the entire community outside the official boards, so thanks for understanding. There are some specific gameplay issues being addressed in that post, and a myriad of others being worked on by the team. While I'm new to the community, I feel your pain on Super CAF's.

I absolutely want to engage with you guys as frequent as possible, so expect to hear from me frequently. I will falter at times, not be here every hour or day, I'm human and am currently Community Manager of BOTH WWE and UFC, and also the main point of contact in the THQ building establishing this, so, please allow me a little breathing room. I came from EA, I know what community management is all about, and I intend to give THQ that same desire and passion so the UFC/WWE games and community get the voice and dedication they have deserved for quite some time.

Glad to be here, and I'll be collecting as much feedback so we can shape up UFC 2010, namely the critical issues right now. I'm also here to have fun, cause, i'm a gamer to, and a massive Bay Area sports fans. GO Giants! LA Galaxy fan as well, my only allegiance to the Los Angeles area. I'm a San Francisco native, my blood runs deep with the orange and black. And Shogun is the man.

Cheers,

Tank

Game: UFC Undisputed 2010Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
UFC Undisputed 2010 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Stumbleweed @ 05/28/10 02:55 PM
Glad to have you here!

# 2 DavonBrown @ 05/28/10 02:56 PM
Welcome!
Can you specify some gameplay elements that you guys are working on?

# 3 THQ Tank @ 05/28/10 03:09 PM
I'm not usually a copy-paste guy, but this is the best I can deliver, from my post on the forums, yes...copy-pasted

Top critical issues such as Super CAF's with respect to point distribution methods, Lyoto's instant-takedown (and all others like it), omoplata submission cancel that returns fighters to standing, are all being heavily looked in to by the dev team right now with the right assessments and fixes necessary. And that's just the tip of the iceberg amongst many other fine-tuning/technical issues being delved into thanks nearly 100% to your continued community feedback. Regarding these fixes, I will keep you posted on their status in as much as possible so you can start to gauge when they'll be made available. Please keep your eyes posted on the forums for continued support updates.

# 4 THQ Tank @ 05/28/10 03:11 PM
And of course the networking, lag, online issues, also noted in my massive update yesterday.

# 5 LingeringRegime @ 05/28/10 03:12 PM
Welcome to the family. I hope that the Flash KO's can be reduced, and the decisions increased for offline play.

# 6 sb24 @ 05/28/10 03:34 PM
We are glad to have you. I hope you find that we can be very constructive with complaints with some very indepth insite. Most of the guys on this site are all about realism.

# 7 sportznut02 @ 05/28/10 03:35 PM
Welcome, it`s good to hear that they are working away on things.

# 8 Stumbleweed @ 05/28/10 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
Welcome to the family. I hope that the Flash KO's can be reduced, and the decisions increased for offline play.
Probably better to say "reduce number of KOs overall", as the problem isn't actual Flash KOs (like 1 minute into the fight with minimal damage kind of thing), but rather that such a high percentage of fights end in KOs, especially against the Captain Insano CPU, which flies in throwing bombs every time no matter who it is. There should be a higher percentage of TKOs, subs, and decisions than KOs, but it's definitely in the 50%+ KO range, at least in my experience on Expert. It's kinda ridiculous when someone like Hazelett, who doesn't have much of a striking game to speak of can still KO someone in the 2nd round on a regular basis...

# 9 Flightwhite24 @ 05/28/10 03:41 PM
Always a good think when a Dev/Community Manager chimes in to let us all know that they are listening to some of our displeasures with a product. Thanks a million. If only the College B-ball game devs had done this Yeah had to sneak that in. Peace fellows and yes since yesterday for me the online has been a lot better.

# 10 LingeringRegime @ 05/28/10 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Probably better to say "reduce number of KOs overall", as the problem isn't actual Flash KOs (like 1 minute into the fight with minimal damage kind of thing), but rather that such a high percentage of fights end in KOs, especially against the Captain Insano CPU, which flies in throwing bombs every time no matter who it is. There should be a higher percentage of TKOs, subs, and decisions than KOs, but it's definitely in the 50%+ KO range, at least in my experience on Expert. It's kinda ridiculous when someone like Hazelett, who doesn't have much of a striking game to speak of can still KO someone in the 2nd round on a regular basis...
Yeah, you're right. On advanced I am having a helluva time getting to the third round. Pretty frustrating right now, but I am glad the Tank is here to get some feedback.

By the way love your midnight release website Stumble.

That is the reason I avoid those things like the plague.

# 11 jeremym480 @ 05/28/10 03:50 PM
Welcome Tank! I love this game. UFC 10 is solid as is, despite it's issues. I'm confident that you guys will rectify the problems with a patch in a timely manner so that everyone can enjoy the game as much as I do.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you again soon.

# 12 Jukeman @ 05/28/10 04:18 PM
Niiiiice,

Welcome to OS

Oh ant to piggy back on The KO's, I would say reduced the KO rate and raise the TKO rate(rock moment) or do something with the stamina..

Anything but the solution that we had for last year's game
(seem like they made the strikes too weak)

# 13 eeyor @ 05/28/10 04:20 PM
Welcome on board

# 14 Ninjoid @ 05/28/10 05:03 PM
Welcome to OS Tank - my spiritual home.

You're already aware of my views on the Ko frequency and the issues with cpu v cpu from our conversation at the UFC Community.

The guys on OS are a mature bunch (in the main) and it should lead to some good discussions.

Anyhow, welcome over here too, good to have you onboard both here and on the UFC Community.

Looking forward to a patch fairly soon (ish)

Thanks Tank,
Mark

UK

# 15 Fiddy @ 05/28/10 05:49 PM
welcome Tank.

# 16 THQ Tank @ 05/28/10 06:15 PM
Thanks for the welcoming guys, we have a holiday weekend ahead of us which I intend to enjoy, but I'll do my best to be around this weekend. Also a major launch event for UFC in Vegas to coincide with UFC 114, pretty sick. Though, I had to choose family over Vegas fun because it was so last minute that I found out, bummer!

Either way, i'm bubbling up all the issues and will get them deployed out to the dev team, and ill be at their doorstep Tuesday morning as well.

Tank

# 17 ManiacMatt1782 @ 05/28/10 06:25 PM
welcome aboard. i hope you guy are working hard to fix the the issue where the the person that didn't quit gets robbed of the win.

# 18 Mossfan8480 @ 05/28/10 06:34 PM
Glad to see you've come over to listen to the OS community as well. You've done a terrific job so far in only your first couple of days working for THQ. Keep it up, my friend.

# 19 THQ Tank @ 05/28/10 06:55 PM
I'll take no credit until I show proof in the pudding, does that make sense? =)

Either way, thanks a ton, appreciation is mutual considering these forums rock for constructive feedback.

-Tank

# 20 DJ @ 05/28/10 07:04 PM
Too bad you couldn't go to Vegas Should be a great main event.

Thanks for posting on this site.

You've already gotten some good feedback from other vets, but let me add that submissions need to be looked at. It's near impossible to submit the CPU in this game.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.