Home
Backbreaker News Post

Pastapadre has posted his early impressions of Backbreaker.

Quote:
"All games have been played on Pro-Hard (the highest difficulty). Needless to say I’m not sure anyone will lose to the CPU even on the toughest setting. I don’t consider myself good at this game yet, I’d maybe say I’m decent, but if I played the CPU 100 times I’m confident I would beat them 100 times. The ineptness on offense even from the best offensive squads is startling.

Being able to stretch out the quarters did seem to help as the CPU does not make mistakes at quite the same rate. The way the CPU threw INTs in the demo would have meant 10+ INTs in a game with five minute quarters. So far I’m seeing an average of about five INTs by the CPU per game with five minute quarters. The INTs were my biggest concern going in but along with that has been the inability of the CPU to move the ball on offense and put points on the board.

The first full game I played was with a mediocre Seattle defense up against one of the best teams in the game New England. You can look at the stats below. Given it was my first time through I wouldn’t expect to be able to beat a good team on the hardest difficulty but I did so with ease. New England has one of the better offenses and threw seven picks. They got one big pass play when an AI controlled DB played a throw poorly and they took it the distance."

Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 61 boritter @ 05/29/10 05:36 AM
Pasta is just the messenger. 90% of what Pasta claims has been verified by playing the demo or documented on other sites and forums. Attacking Pasta or saying he is pro-EA does not change the fact that Backbreaker has serious deficiencies.

# 62 blackscorpion11 @ 05/29/10 05:53 AM
This game ships with 60 teams right???? how can all of them be cupcakes?

# 63 Exonerated @ 05/29/10 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackscorpion11
This game ships with 60 teams right???? how can all of them be cupcakes?
The highest is rated 78/100 if i recall correctly.

# 64 sportyguyfl31 @ 05/29/10 06:49 AM
Form your own opinions...if YOU are personally liking the game, and are finding it enjoyable and challenging, that is all that matters.

# 65 steez3 @ 05/29/10 08:15 AM
does anyone know if your playing the road to BB or just a season, if your team and other teams get better over time? will the cpu teams ratings go higher if they win a bunch of games?? All these impressions are from just exhibition games? Since the game comes out today it doesnt really matter but I woulda liked to see people playing the other game modes and comparing the games from exhibition to road to BB

# 66 Jackdog @ 05/29/10 08:45 AM

# 67 Caventer @ 05/29/10 09:00 AM
[quote=Soodmeg;2041114548]Also I would like to bring this up. This link is what I can only assume PP playing the game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVYURQe_TJI

That missed TD at the end is pathetic. This game has some true deadly sins. Not scoring TDs, Repeated Punter Roughing, AI Interception fest, stupid AI play calling, more I am sure I am not aware of.

.....yet it is insane that I am still considering buying it, go figure.

# 68 malachijohn666 @ 05/29/10 09:08 AM
this is why we should read more than one review...

# 69 jmood88 @ 05/29/10 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fldash
The ability to patch games has been the worst thing to EVER happen to the video game industry.
No it's not, you either have a game that has all these issues and never gets fixed or you have the ability for the developer to fix problems that people have. With sports games especially, you're always going to have bugs that slip through and with patches the developers can focus on things that are critical to the game while still having time to fix issues that they know they won't have time to fix with the regular release cycle.

# 70 jmood88 @ 05/29/10 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes_Doc
Dude come on. He posted screenshots and everything. He isn't sitting there making this stuff up. If you should be mad at anyone it should be the Dev's.

What does EA have anything to do with his review on BB. Did he mention EA once in his review? Does EA have something to do with BB's faults? I don't get it.

I know you don't like the guy, but that doesn't change the fact that his review is alarming especially with his proof.

What is he suppose to say about the game? Sugar-coat it and mislead readers?

Anyways..I agree about the patch issue. It seems every sports game I buy needs not just one but numerous patches to fix issues. I had to wait over a month to start a franchise in MLB The Show, that is ridiculous.

Hopefully NCAA football will be able to "work" right outside of the box.
And it would be different if these issues weren't things that a lot of people have brought up after playing the demo.

# 71 CaptainZombie @ 05/29/10 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Form your own opinions...if YOU are personally liking the game, and are finding it enjoyable and challenging, that is all that matters.
Very good point there and I think people tend to forget that games should be about fun.

# 72 steez3 @ 05/29/10 02:13 PM
pasta must be a natural pro at this game cuz I just popped it in and am seattle team vs the new england and they are beating me 14-0 in the first, 2 long pass plays.

# 73 sportzhead @ 05/29/10 03:08 PM
Why does Pasta get his own thread, but everybody else has to post in the impressions thread? Does OS think Pasta is more credible than the average OS poster. He's just a dude with a website. I don't get how OS can be so quick to close any thread they deem unnecessary, but give a single blogger a thread.

This post is not to discredit Pasta's impressions, he makes some valid points. But would OS give me my own thread if I get a game early and post impressions on a blog?

# 74 swaldo @ 05/29/10 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
SWALDO did you pick the game up yet? Are you posting in the impressions thread? I am interested to hear your take on the final release.

I am picking my copy up tomorrow.
Stuck in the house with 4 women right now (birthday party.) I'll be definately buying it this afternoon and will get some impressions going.

I'm going with the 360 version, I like the bigger controller and online will be better with Live.

Just found out the "old lady" wants to sip wine, eat grapes and watch "It's Complicated" with me on DVD tonight. Lord help me!

Also, I thought Pasta's early impressions were fair. If anything he could've talked up the technology more than he did but this is a wonky playing CPU. Seems to me the offensive output is unpredictable, I saw good offense come out of the CPU in the demo at times, but in others it was beyond horrible. In all cases there were too many sacks and INT's though.

# 75 Methlab @ 05/29/10 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportzhead
Why does Pasta get his own thread, but everybody else has to post in the impressions thread? Does OS think Pasta is more credible than the average OS poster. He's just a dude with a website. I don't get how OS can be so quick to close any thread they deem unnecessary, but give a single blogger a thread.

This post is not to discredit Pasta's impressions, he makes some valid points. But would OS give me my own thread if I get a game early and post impressions on a blog?
That's all I was saying too.

Regardless, he had to admit that making a play in this game is extremely satisfying, I believe that online it will shine Just bought it and am popping it in soon.

# 76 mestevo @ 05/29/10 04:24 PM
I all but cried when I broke my only long run of my first game (38 yards) until that DT tackled me from behind

# 77 roadman @ 05/29/10 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportzhead

If IGN or other sites would have gave an early impression, they would have been posted at OS as well.

You will see IGN's, GT, etcccc.. reviews all posted here with their own threads. It's not just Pasta.

# 78 Romeclone @ 05/29/10 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaldo

Just found out the "old lady" wants to sip wine, eat grapes and watch "It's Complicated" with me on DVD tonight. Lord help me!
O/T but I just split up with my wife of 12 years a few months ago. Oh God do I know all about what you just said...

So now I sit in my apartment with Backbreaker/Beer/Cubs game and just had so smile when I read that.

# 79 23 @ 05/29/10 06:32 PM
First of all, if the owner of this site wants to post a topic from Pasta's site, so what.

He owns this site and can do whatever he wants to do. I dont see how any of you feel that you have some kind of authority on this one.

# 80 wadcakes @ 05/29/10 06:47 PM
I picked it up from gamestop today and have been playing tackle alley and it is a blast

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.