Home
UFC Undisputed 2010 News Post

I did not go into UFC Undisputed 2010 with over-the-moon expectations. That does not mean I expected the game to be bad or anything like that, I was simply trying not to not get caught up in the pre-release hype train. I was trying to stay neutral. Nevertheless, I also did not think I would stop playing the game within the first couple weeks.

The developers have added more to this year's title to make up for the lack of depth in some areas. Still, generally speaking, fighting games do not tend to have too much depth beyond the gameplay. You fight, fight some more, and you move up the ladder until you cannot go anywhere else. That being said, the developers did successfully add depth to at least one area: multiplayer.

Read More - UFC Undisputed 2010 Review

Game: UFC Undisputed 2010Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
UFC Undisputed 2010 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 cdon2k @ 06/03/10 01:39 PM
It seems to me the writer of this article was reviewing the game from a "casual UFC gamer" perspective. I know a few hardcore fans out there who absolutely love the game. I am a bit disappointed from such a lack of information from a review on OS. Nothing was mentioned in the review about the new standing clinch mechanic or the overall increased sim feel the game has overall. I could care less as I am not even into UFC gaming, but I read the review to learn something and found myself more informed than the reviewer lol.

# 2 delspf @ 06/03/10 03:12 PM
I did a review on gamestop and gave it what I though. Poor. Had it rated 5 of 10. Only positives I were the 5 bonus fights & the WFA feature. Outside of this there really is no reason this should crack about a 7 or 70 on whatever scale you use.

I would not be surprised if Zuffa steps away from THQ after this fiasco.

# 3 ffaacc03 @ 06/03/10 03:43 PM
Well I must agree with you cdon2k ... they have depthn the gameplay by adding diversity, personalization and unique moves to fighters ... for the first time in a fighting game (be it wrestling, boxing, mma, cartoonish style like Naruto or Street Fighter) almost all have different moves. Its a different experience, one that goes for those wanting a game that last for a while. Also, in that same frame, the interactivity with the cage sums to the atmophera.

What matters more is what happens in the octagon (wich is were you will be most of the time anyways and the sole reason for buying this game) and that has gotten even better. All othre modes are bonuses, and for a game of this genre, they do the job.

Having said that, the game is far than perfect as there are some new features that you will see on this year competitor and that could be integrated in next year installment. Also, the are some balancing issues and mostly, some lagging on line. The "campaign" mode needs also to be benefit of some twist and attention.

# 4 JkA3 @ 06/03/10 04:07 PM
this game is cool. but it gets old quickly. i think 7 was fair.

# 5 cdon2k @ 06/03/10 07:47 PM
Hey, I mentioned in my post that I am even a casual observer, but I learned nothing from this review other than the game modes are lacking. As a former poster said, what goes on in the octagon is what's most important. Now true, the game isn't completely sim as you don't see wear down's much and I am sure there are the typical fighting game balance issues, but arcade? Seriously? Standing in the clinch posturing for 3 or 4 mintues and rolling around on the ground for a good 5 minutes at a time is arcade? Please.

# 6 delspf @ 06/03/10 10:30 PM
This is as far from a sim as possible.
Career mode is unfinished, untested recycled garbage. It did not fix any of the problems that the community screamed about with 09s career. Yet they said they changed career mode the most.

These two things should keep any "sim" gamer away from career mode.
1. Fighters do not age except your own character.
2. AI fighters have no progression system in terms of skill bumps and dumps.

If you lose to the champ of your division well, he will not fight anyone until you are the #1 contender again. You could go 3 in game years without fighting him and he will still have the belt with no defenses on it besides yours.

That right there kills any aspect of a career mode. I won't mention the other facepalming "features" that look like something out of Madden 92

# 7 delspf @ 06/04/10 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMeridian
Thanks for this post I was actually just starting into career mode and now I'll just shelf it.
Yea i feel completely ripped off by the game. If I knew the online would be peer 2 peer & my preorder characters couldn't be used on it or in career, plus career itself with fighting the same fighters for 12 years, i would never have gotten it.

I still can't play ranked matches.

# 8 stlstudios189 @ 06/05/10 07:31 AM
the career mode was lacking in 09 now it sounds even worse. I was super pumped for this game too.

# 9 daniverson1973 @ 06/05/10 07:16 PM
overall i really like this game, the graphics are downright sick....i didnt play 2009 that much so i cant fairly compare them, but so far (in just a few days) i love the game
if you watch ufc, you have to agree this is an amazing video game display/presentation of mma fights ....worth every penny IMO

# 10 delspf @ 06/11/10 02:08 PM
I have a dislike for EA. Yet there is no way EA's MMA can be as flawed as THQs. Hell I am waiting and watching Supremacy MMA by Kung Fu Studios now

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.