Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

EBGames has released some new details about NBA Elite 11.

With independent control of your hands and feet, feel the drama and excitement of every game unfold, as you have the ability to change every outcome of every game. Powered by an overhauled controls system that covers all aspects of the sport, and a radically improved physics engine, reinvent your game with NBA ELITE 11.

Expanded Information

* All-New Hands-On Control

o The Game is in Your Hands—For the first time in a basketball video game, dribbling, shooting, passing, and defense are based on skill, fundamentally changing the entire NBA basketball experience. With complete hands-on control outcomes are no longer predetermined, and you become the deciding factor between game-winning shots and momentum-changing blocks.
o Enhanced Dribbling System—The right analog stick controls your hand movements like never before, allowing you to dribble with one-to-one movement unique to NBA ELITE 11. Control the floor with all-new hesitations, spins, behind-the-back dribbles, and much more.
o Call Your Shot—The days of predetermined outcomes based on a random push of the button are gone forever, as the result of every play is based on skill. Each player has a ‘sweet-spot’ and the ability to hit a shot is based on their skill set, defensive pressure, and proximity to the net. It’s up to you to put everything together and hit the shot.
o The Drive to Win—The ability to drive to the net has never been so true to the game of basketball. Independent control of your hands and feet allows you to maneuver and dribble with precision, making the drive down the lane based on skill instead of a scripted defensive reaction.
o Defense Matters—Independent hand controls also allow you to be more strategic on defense as you use the right analog stick to make steal attempts and game-changing blocks.

* Unprecedented Game Physics

o Feel the Game Like Never Before—Radically improved game physics rid the days of locked animated sequences leaving you in control of the player at all times. When you drive aggressively to the net and go up with authority, you can be sure that whoever is standing in your way is going to be knocked to the ground.

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 kingdevin @ 06/03/10 09:22 PM
The Q is do ea games usually reflect the hype? What I find interesting was why a respected Mike Wang left ea due to the fact that he did not like the direction they were going...

# 42 Jukeman @ 06/03/10 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
For me it's no more excuses. Year after year we get wait till next year. I truly believe if they don't bring it this year a lot of us longtime vets of this series will be done.

Edit. It's official Kobe will put the initials MJ to rest after this series!!!!!

NO MORE EXCUSES!!!!
yeah in Neva Neva Land..

# 43 Shakedowncapo @ 06/03/10 10:22 PM
w/t

# 44 JerryBrownakalebron @ 06/03/10 10:38 PM
since nba elite 11 is goin in a new direction, i hope they have new commentators. steve kerr is the gm for the suns. hopefully elite has someone different

# 45 ecworldwide @ 06/03/10 10:46 PM
I hope they keep Dna and build upon it more. Its a very good feature.

# 46 Jukeman @ 06/04/10 12:29 AM
Please do something about dynasty mode..

# 47 tpe14 @ 06/04/10 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlin4Prez
If everything pans out the way it is being advertised, its going to be a tough decision between this and 2k11...looks like I better start saving my pennies now lol
if that happens, it would outclass 2k11

# 48 SHAKYR @ 06/04/10 08:14 AM
Companies need to stop advertising a game as realistic and it has nearly the same elements as their pass arcadish games.

# 49 Pared @ 06/04/10 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loadleft
I guess that cuts it down to one of whom I feel comfortable with their viewpoint, LOL!

Wasn't really referring to playing like I do in terms of sim or not but much more literally as in: do you play on the ball D or use one man, do you use sliders or out the box, do you switch and rebound yourself or block out and allow the CPU, etc... I've noticed that based on how one actually plays (controls the game) on the court the gameplay experience is different. Also knowing what you liked and disliked about Live 10 makes a difference to me, boils down to we may simply look for different things.

Pared actually I tend to value your view even though I think it slightly differs from mine. If I recall correctly you and I debated about Live's D when it first came out. You felt you needed more where I liked it. Since the patches I hate it but that's another story. I know all of you want a sim experience but I learned here at OS that sim means something different to each of us. For me 1st and foremost strategies and personnel must work the same way in the game as in real life. I am not so concerned w/Kobe's jumper looking like Kobe's jumper. To me that's superficial and has nothing to do with being sim.
LOL I was only messing. While I can't get into specifics, I voiced what I would like to see with the D and I have a feeling it will come to fruition. If you liked last year's D, you'll love the expanded amount of options this year.... again, if it gets in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopydude
When i see it i'll believe it.
That's a fair approach to take. The "proof is in the pudding," right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdevin
The Q is do ea games usually reflect the hype? What I find interesting was why a respected Mike Wang left ea due to the fact that he did not like the direction they were going...
Why did he leave 2k in the first place?

Seriously, why does it matter? A good game is a good game. You shouldn't buy a game based on politics like that. If you bought Live '10 because of this, it still had issues right?

I'm not discrediting Mike but I think a lot of you guys on the forum discredit the multitude of others who work on sports gaming. There are a lot of talented individuals out there... just play the game for what it is. Who cares who made it? It could have EA's logo, 2k's logo, Mike's face, Lebron's action pose, Meghan Fox's booty... c'mon fellas. Look past that and see a game for what it is, not what you expect it to be. That's the same mindset that held Madden fans from trying 2k football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
Companies need to stop advertising a game as realistic and it has nearly the same elements as their pass arcadish games.
Explain. You can't just make a comment like that and not give proof or reason.

# 50 tpe14 @ 06/04/10 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared

I'm not discrediting Mike but I think a lot of you guys on the forum discredit the multitude of others who work on sports gaming. There are a lot of talented individuals out there... just play the game for what it is. Who cares who made it? It could have EA's logo, 2k's logo, Mike's face, Lebron's action pose, Meghan Fox's booty... c'mon fellas. Look past that and see a game for what it is, not what you expect it to be. That's the same mindset that held Madden fans from trying 2k football.

lol

# 51 Jukeman @ 06/04/10 11:17 AM
Well..Just look at that D. Howard dunk...

# 52 ScoobySnax @ 06/04/10 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Well..Just look at that D. Howard dunk...
What you never seen him do the MJ thing with his legs? LOL. I agree with Pared though, play the game for what it is. No game will ever be 100 percent realistic. We say we want that, but if it were to happen, people would find away to bitch and complain. I like the direction they are going. If the gameplay, controls and franchise mode is legit, they'll get my $60 again.

# 53 Playmakers @ 06/04/10 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Meghan Fox's booty...
You got it wrong bro.....

This is the Megan that has booty and she's drop dead gorgeous without all the makeup
http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vid...92-93821731856

# 54 Jukeman @ 06/04/10 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobySnax
What you never seen him do the MJ thing with his legs? LOL. I agree with Pared though, play the game for what it is. No game will ever be 100 percent realistic. We say we want that, but if it were to happen, people would find away to bitch and complain. I like the direction they are going. If the gameplay, controls and franchise mode is legit, they'll get my $60 again.
I respect that 100%

But don't go and make bold statements like...

On controls:

"They are being implemented because they will help make this the most realistic basketball simulation ever made"

Great controls is only a element of making a great basketball game...

Im not being a ***** or anything, Im just being realistic...

They pitch the "Realism" word with other games (which also has great controls) like FNR4, NHL, Tiger and FIFA...Those games are hardly a true simulation of the sport....

I hope Im wrong about NBA Elite however...

They used the word help...

# 55 Da_Czar @ 06/04/10 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobySnax
I really didn't want buy another hype train ticket, but I just caved!
Don't feel bad its tuff to resist Scoobysnax ... LOL they are the best in the business in that. No doubt !

# 56 bigball12 @ 06/04/10 03:23 PM
Did they add clear path fouls finally? And what about jump balls during the game in a tie up?

# 57 Pared @ 06/05/10 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigball12
Did they add clear path fouls finally? And what about jump balls during the game in a tie up?
This was mentioned to them. Stay tuned.

# 58 BDM313 @ 06/05/10 12:06 PM
I like the way elite is shaping far as details go still moving wit caution tho but yeah they cant afford to mess up this product IMO still crossing my fingers waitin for the right info reguarding presentation[ESPN]

# 59 King_B_Mack @ 06/05/10 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpe14
if that happens, it would outclass 2k11
How can you say that and the only thing we know about 2K11 at this point is that Jordan will be on the cover?

Anyway as some people may know I'm a lifelong Cubs fan and EA Sports has a lot in common with the Cubs. It's the same thing every year (especially since 2003). "This is the year it gets done." "This is the best Cubs team we've seen." I can go on and on with the hope train that pulls into Chicago every year with this team. I see the right moves made in a lot of years, different minds putting in work to make things better and the product seems pretty good at first glance and then you run into the bugs and everything that holds it back from truly being great. That was a description of the Cubs btw, not Live/Elite. So excuse me if it takes me a while to buy into the back of the box quotes again.

When I play the game and everytime I take the ball into the paint I'm not automatically stripped, while the CPU can just waltz right in and dunk at will. When I go up for a shot and the CPU jumps up to block the shot and clearly just lays across my arm with no foul and the ball going out of bounds and going to them in some cases or them getting all ball in other cases and still getting awarded the ball when it goes out of bounds, I'll start believing. When my guys don't jump backwards trying to grab a rebound I'll start believing. When I don't have to press the block button twice to make my defender actually leave the floor to contest a shot, I'll start believing. Until then I couldn't care less about all the talk about what the game is going to be. Because I've heard it all before.

# 60 JulesMendoza @ 06/06/10 03:27 AM
hope they dont forget to add more signature shots, post moves and style since they are focusing more on rebuilding the game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.