Home
MLB 10 News Post

Kotaku's Owen Good chimes in with another great read. The Beauty of Human Error, Committed by a Computer Umpire.

Quote:
"It's the bottom of the fourth and that SOB Dallas Hodges is squeezing the zone low and away, again. Strike three went by like a freight train and Hodges just stared at it like a cow. This ump's a disgrace.

This ump also isn't even real. He's one of 10 in MLB 10: The Show, who can, thanks to a menu option, call personal strike zones that can definitely make you believe someone has it in for your pitcher. And when superstar hitters get to the plate, I swear they're both in collusion. I'll get nothing on the corners and then I'm forced to groove a two- or three-ball pitch and Ryan Braun hits it into the 25th century."

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ffyfe7 @ 06/05/10 10:22 PM
Vey nice article, I always play with the variable strike zone and all that jazz and yeah the way he puts it about the difference in opinion between reality and video games is a good topic to cover.

Good Job Kotaku!

# 2 Phillies2010 @ 06/06/10 12:01 PM
The end of that with Bruan made me laugh lol.

But I know exactly what you mean, nothing like painting the corners and having it called a ball, game has it out for me I swear

# 3 statum71 @ 06/06/10 03:08 PM
The missed calls are frustrating when you're trying to compete. But I wouldn't even consider turning the variable calls off. It just adds so much realism. So I get ticked and just live with it. Maybe the next bad call goes MY way?

# 4 Reaman @ 06/06/10 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

Kotaku's Owen Good chimes in with another great read. The Beauty of Human Error, Committed by a Computer Umpire.
Great article! Thanks for posting this Steve!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.