Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

The NCAA Football 11 demo arrives next week and 2 of the teams have been confirmed. Ohio St. vs. Miami, screenshots included.

UPDATE: Pastapadre is now reporting there will be 6 other teams to be announced for the NCAA Football 11 demo, which will be released for both the 360 and PS3 on the same date, June 14th.

Quote:
"There will be eight teams total within the demo and they will be selectable in four different matchups. That means that OSU vs Miami is one of the matchups but the option won’t be available to take OSU/Miami against one of the other six teams. The idea with the inclusion of eight different teams is to put on display the different authentic offensive styles that have been added to the game this year.

The remaining six teams are currently unknown but they will be revealed throughout the week in a similar manner as the first two were today. Quarter length for the games is something I hope to get confirmation on but they will probably be set at two or four minutes."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 TripleCrown9 @ 06/07/10 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavigatorD83
Once again EA massacres what a uniform looks like. I dont even know why that surprises me anymore.
Yeah are you referring to the CUSTOMIZED Miami uniform or the Ohio State PRO COMBAT that looks about as realistic as possible?

# 62 TripleCrown9 @ 06/07/10 01:11 PM
Quote:
OSU its two small but very noticeable gaffs. Certainly its not a big deal however its really disappointing. Kind of like if you were an Iowa Hawkeye fan for the past 3 years.
Other than the socks, what is the other thing?

# 63 ODogg @ 06/07/10 01:12 PM
dmhtfld - No they shouldn't have won. As a Buckeye fan you should know better. You must have missed the blatant pass interference that was never called on Gamble before they had to punt back to Miami (on the drive Miami scored to tie it up to go to OT). If that is called then the Canes never even get the ball back and OSU wins in regulation.

And that blown call sorta negates the whole "refs are paid off by Tressel" theory too I think...

Anyways, it's good to see this rivalry come back alive again!

# 64 dmhtfld @ 06/07/10 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
Watch the last 2+ min of the 4th quarter again. I think you will change your mind.

If i were an Alabama fan i wouldnt be happy right now.
alright i havent watched the game in about a year in a half and i cant remember it too well but i do remember in overtime when they called the pass interference on miami when it was really on mike jenkins or gamble. I have it on dvd and will probably watch it here in a little

# 65 Jessep07 @ 06/07/10 01:16 PM
Ah, jesus...the black/red vapor's are so sexy.

# 66 Canes305 @ 06/07/10 01:16 PM
Quote:
Check out pictures of OSU in those uniforms and compare them to these screens

those are the pro combat uni's

# 67 xxjgbxx @ 06/07/10 01:20 PM
probably because tOSU and Canes are playing again this season, THANK GOD NOW i can see who i have on my team since team builder isnt out yet

# 68 dmhtfld @ 06/07/10 01:22 PM
the only thing wrong with the pants is the placement of the nike swoosh should be moved a lil towards the front.

but another problem is that the number font on the helmet isnt right but i blame that on osu for using two diffent fonts on their uniform at the same time.

# 69 Brandwin @ 06/07/10 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkits
I dont care what teams are in the DEMO, Im just ready to play it!!!
I'm with you. I wonder what options we will have? I'm sure it will be the standard two minute quarters.

# 70 toine2983 @ 06/07/10 01:45 PM
Looking forward to the demo next week.

Did EA release any other details for the demo like number of quarters or length of quarters? Or are they saving all that for later this week?

# 71 Bruce Wayne Jr @ 06/07/10 01:48 PM
those osu uni's are hawt!!!

# 72 Bruce Wayne Jr @ 06/07/10 01:49 PM
oh yeah will we need a gold membership for the demo monday?

# 73 Eski33 @ 06/07/10 01:52 PM
I personally don't care which teams are in. My only hope is that we can play 5-minute quarters so we can get a good feel for the game.

# 74 canes21 @ 06/07/10 01:56 PM
I don't know how this got started, but being a Miami fan and all I say Miami should have the championship. That was a terrible call that ended up costing us hugely. Even when I try and take my homer glasses off, I still think Miami should have won.

On topic though, who here is going to record footage for people to watch? I might try to.

# 75 Bruce Wayne Jr @ 06/07/10 02:00 PM
i'm not a fan of either team but i can't wait for these two to play and settle this once and for all. lol there is some serious bitterness going on here.

# 76 Anaxamander @ 06/07/10 02:00 PM
I was actually looking forward to playing with Bama. It seems like Ohio State is in the demo almost every year, and they're not one of my favorite teams, but I'll obviously deal with it in order to test drive the game.

# 77 Sausage @ 06/07/10 02:02 PM
This is excellent, I am still upset when Miami lost in the bowl game a few years ago; still cringe when I see McGahee's injury; can't believe he is still in the NFL.

Miami in the demo (Awesome, because it is my squad)
5 minute quarters (I will be in heaven, if the gameplay is nice)

# 78 Silent Nature @ 06/07/10 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I don't know how this got started, but being a Miami fan and all I say Miami should have the championship. That was a terrible call that ended up costing us hugely. Even when I try and take my homer glasses off, I still think Miami should have won.

On topic though, who here is going to record footage for people to watch? I might try to.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/6483719

It was plain and simple. It was a late flag, yet a correct call. They even reviewed it and said that it was still correct.

If you really need to bring that up, Ohio State still can bring up about the non-call on Miami for defensive pass interference toward to the end of 4th. If that was simply called, it would have been over since they can run the clock out making the whole situation unnecessary.

Blame Miami for blowing it on the huge 4th down and long play in OT or not being able to punch the ball in from 1 yard line on 4 shots. Those possessions costs them the game more than anything.

# 79 ODogg @ 06/07/10 02:05 PM
As a buckeye fan I love/hate them being in the demo. It's nice to be able to use your own team but the problem is by the time the game drops you've already played a ton with them. Also, it gets frustrating to play as the bucks and not be able to play michigan in the demo.

# 80 canes21 @ 06/07/10 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Nature
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/6483719

It was plain and simple. It was a late flag, yet a correct call. They even reviewed it and said that it was still correct.

If you really need to bring that up, Ohio State still can bring up about the non-call on Miami for defensive pass interference toward to the end of 4th. If that was simply called, it would have been over since they can run the clock out making the whole situation unnecessary.

Blame Miami for blowing it on the huge 4th down and long play in OT or not being able to punch the ball in from 1 yard line on 4 shots. Those possessions costs them the game more than anything.
Wasn't really trying to start an argument, just posting my thoughts on the subject. You can try all you want, but the call was blown. I can't go back and change it, so its not worth moaning and groaning about. We'll get more chances in the future, hopefully very soon.

And yes, it is kind of annoying how I will have played with Miami 500 times by the time the game is finally out. But it is cool a lot of my friends and just strangers will use my favorite team when they may have never before.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.