Home
NHL 11 News Post

Gameinformer has posted some more NHL 11 details, in their first look preview.

Quote:
"To help the CPU keep up with all the blazing dekes, brutal checks, and the loosened goaltending, EA Canada has reworked the AI to boost its skill set. Players have more awareness to avoid vicious checks, and employ dekes more frequently to keep your defender off balance. Both the goalie and offside defenders do a better job of patrolling the crease and stopping those improbable cross-ice passes that gamers have over-relied upon to score back door goals the past few years.

Other on-ice improvements include user-controlled celebrations, broken sticks, and a brand new face-off system that lets you shoot from the circle, kick the puck back to a defensemen after trying up your opponent's stick, and flip your bottom hand to improve your chances of winning a face-off to your backhand side. With real puck physics in place, winning the face-off is no longer about jamming the analog stick before the opposing center - your stick must come in contract with the bouncing puck to gain possession. Swing too early and you could whiff on the puck. The various tactics at play gives each drop of the puck a paper, rock, scissors feel, breathing new life into a formerly stale system most players mastered long ago."

Game: NHL 11Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 36 - View All
NHL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 BodamEscapePlan @ 06/13/10 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I really like all the things they added, but yep it is time for the 5 man hug. It is so much apart of hockey. So they need to have it.
I so agree with you there. Although it is nice to know who got the assists without watching the whole thing. Those goal animations have been there for seemingly forever. This really does sound amazing. Every year EA Canada with the NHL series has 'wowed' me. Even the two generations before then were great. NHL '98, NHL 2003, NHL 2004, NHL 06, NHL 09 were all in my consoles forever.

Keep raising the bar EA! You guys put out a great product. Keep 'em coming! I truly appreciate how much they raise the bar with nearly every single iteration of their game.

# 42 onlybygrace @ 06/13/10 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
Guys,
What are you looking for in regards to presentation? I play NHL 10 and love the game.. Presentation/Announcing is fine... Help me out here.. More Stat overlays? Just a general questions
I'm looking for a link to send to you...brb.

(what is this, chat???)...but seriously hold on.

# 43 onlybygrace @ 06/13/10 11:08 PM
Ok...I'm back.

Here is a link...but basically in a nutshell its about bringing the rest of the league alive. Things like stat overlays, but in a more relevant and living way.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...sentation.html

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.