Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Russ Kiniry, Designer of NCAA Football 11 has just posted dynasty blog #3 of 3, talking about recruiting logic and extras.

Quote:
"Dynasty is such a huge part of NCAA Football games that it took three blogs to get through all of the new features this year. You can check out the first two on the new Phone Call and Prospects by clicking on the links. This blog is dedicated to the behind the scenes logic and extras in NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty and Dynasty Modes.

One of the biggest changes to Dynasty Recruiting this year is a new setting allowing control of the difficulty. It has four options: Freshman, Varsity (the default setting), All-American, and Heisman. What you will see as you increase the difficulty is the computer controlled teams will maximize the amount of points they earn each Phone Call. In turn, you really need to be on your game on Heisman mode to sign the Top Prospects.

A huge part of the Recruiting Logic is making the Prospects have a more realistic approach to what school they are going to attend. To accomplish this, we made a few changes to the Prospect’s thought process. First, before a Prospect can pick his final school, he has to have his Top 10 in order. Second, the better a Prospect is, the more it takes to get him to come to your school. Finally, for some Prospects staying near home is a major deal, and it should give those close schools an advantage."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 vanderbiltfan87 @ 06/07/10 11:49 PM
These were much needed improvements but like others have stated, hopefully teams will recruit players to their system.

I was praying for coaching carousel in this blog. I'm so pumped for this game, but if it's not then replay value becomes limited for me. Please EA. Please. How can you not see what this would bring to the game offline and online?

I feel like a whiny little school girl but geez.

# 62 mkam89 @ 06/08/10 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theyhateme459
I guess everyone likes different things, because to me Recruiting is College Football. For me in dynasty it's recruiting, and on the field play. Those are the two main things. Greatly improving recruiting is a HUGE positive for me this year... I'll rather them add great quality features instead of quantity with no quality. With recruiting being improved this year, next year they can focus on coaching carousel and other features.
Don't get me wrong, I love recruiting. I just think that they should try to implement some different things regarding dynasty. Recruiting's been in the game forever. I was thinking they would start putting in some new features and say "on a side note, recruiting has been improved in this way..." Things usually don't work out the right way the first time around.

I just don't want them to put in coaching carousel next year, it not work right, and they have to say improved coaching carousel is the big feature in NCAA13.

# 63 RoyalBoyle78 @ 06/08/10 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jecooper9
More good news...can't wait to recruit on Heisman and also recording 1/2 sacks & tackles is huge for stat junkies like me.

Now ready to beat down the U w/my Buckeyes in the demo!

what! lol

# 64 splff3000 @ 06/08/10 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkley7
Liking the new half sacks and half tackles stat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jecooper9
More good news...can't wait to recruit on Heisman and also recording 1/2 sacks & tackles is huge for stat junkies like me.

Now ready to beat down the U w/my Buckeyes in the demo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
nice. love that recruiting should be tougher. half-sacks, assisted tackles were a good small detail bonus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Looking really good.

Love the idea of recruiting being tougher, hope teams don't recruit too far off style of play, but am hoping that since they took the time to promote, "120 Ways to Win" that teams will recruit to their play style.

1/2 sacks and 1/2 tackles are a plus, as are the new awards. Also hoping they address the new bowls and some of the issues with team selection in bowl games last year.

All in all...game is shaping up to be very good. A shame it took this long to get to this point, but at least we're finally here.
Well if they do half tackles like they do in Madden, they won't be adding them to your total tackles or anything. Instead of madden listing tackles has 5.5 or whatever to show the half tackle, they have another category called asst tackles. So all you guys getting your hopes up about half tackles, if this is done like Madden was last year, you're going to be sorely disappointed.

Other than that, the recruiting difficulty slider should be great. No more "you can only recruit the amount of seniors you have leaving + 3." That's for the "Workers" out there.

# 65 RamblinWreck21 @ 06/08/10 12:43 AM
You would think with the emphasis on 120 ways to win, they'd add a feature where teams recruit for their systems. I'm sick of playing against GT a few years into a dynasty and find them with a drop back passer.

# 66 Potatoes002 @ 06/08/10 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinWreck21
You would think with the emphasis on 120 ways to win, they'd add a feature where teams recruit for their systems. I'm sick of playing against GT a few years into a dynasty and find them with a drop back passer.
You would think this would have come up in one the blogs. I want to think they made the CPU recruit to their systems, but Im starting to doubt it now.

# 67 da ThRONe @ 06/08/10 01:28 AM
This blog should have been titled Recruiting blog 1-3.

# 68 AuburnAlumni @ 06/08/10 08:08 AM
I'm really hoping that the recruiting is balanced out this year.

It's getting old seeing every human controlled team in our OD finish in the Top 10-15 in recruiting every year.

With Auburn, now a 6 star program, this past season I landed 11 5 star recruits, which is a bit absurd.

Region SHOULD play a much bigger part in recruiting. Most 17-18 year old kids don't want to play at a school that is hundreds, or thousands, of miles from home. They want their family to be able to come watch them play.

I'd like to see the majority of most recruiting classes have players that are within 1-2 states of the school.

Also...classes with 10+ 5 star commits should be VERY VERY rare.

# 69 da ThRONe @ 06/08/10 09:04 AM
Although I like these blogs. I would be highly disappointed if these are the only improvements to dynasty we get this year.

# 70 KG @ 06/08/10 09:10 AM
Like others have stated, these are all nice additions but if CPU schools don't recruit to their styles it's meaningless.

# 71 countryboy @ 06/08/10 09:12 AM
I'm holding out hope they do, since they are touting 120 ways to win.

# 72 BROman @ 06/08/10 09:17 AM
i can't believe that the 3rd blog took so long. what was the hold up?

# 73 ODogg @ 06/08/10 09:28 AM
Sounds great, i'm also glad to finally see 1/2 sacks. Been asking for those for a LOOOONG time...

# 74 foreverhorn @ 06/08/10 09:30 AM
"Also...classes with 10+ 5 star commits should NEVER HAPPEN...EVER!!!"

There, fixed it for ya...;-)

# 75 xSUPERSCOTTx @ 06/08/10 09:45 AM
I really enjoyed all 3 blogs. I am glad recruiting was improved, it is the biggest part of dynasty. I also hope teams recruit to their systems.

I have a question though. What is this "coaching carousel" that everyone is talking about. I tried to find it in a blog, but I couldn't find it, and everyone is talking and hoping for it. Would this feature just add the ability to hire/fire coaches? Why would this be an amazing feature? Could someone please clarify this for me?

# 76 Perfect Zero @ 06/08/10 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSUPERSCOTTx
I have a question though. What is this "coaching carousel" that everyone is talking about. I tried to find it in a blog, but I couldn't find it, and everyone is talking and hoping for it. Would this feature just add the ability to hire/fire coaches? Why would this be an amazing feature? Could someone please clarify this for me?
Because it happens in real life. Some coaches go from one team to another all the time. Brian Kelly at Notre Dame replacing Charlie Weis is one, and there are plenty more examples. It gets boring when all the coaches stay at one place on the game until the end of dynasty. People move, things change, and that's why its an exciting feature.

# 77 jeremym480 @ 06/08/10 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
For those of you saying recruiting IS college football and that the dynasty blogs address that, I just want to say that I haven't seen anything that proves to me that the recruiting is truly improved. Just because the CPU can beat me out for recruits doesn't mean that teams with 50% of their running plays as QB Options will stop recruiting pocket passers and therefore being positively annoying to play against.

We won't know if these changes REALLY help the game until we've played it for a few weeks. Until then, I'm not getting excited over 3 recruiting blogs that didn't really contain that many improvements to the system.
<<

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8artist
Good closing to a 3 part blog. Can't wait for the demo next week.
Same here! I enjoyed the blogs like other's have said hopefully team recruit players who would actually fit their offensive scheme.

# 78 ODogg @ 06/08/10 09:56 AM
What good does a coaching carousel do though when the real coaches aren't in the game?

# 79 Perfect Zero @ 06/08/10 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
What good does a coaching carousel do though when the real coaches aren't in the game?
It adds some level of realism. Same could be said about "what good is a college football game without real players."

# 80 cowboykmoney @ 06/08/10 12:04 PM
Well if some think the recruiting is a big thing thats fine because with that has to come coaching changes because everything has to play out in order to go togather. So Im with all that feels to make this game the best and not feel like were playing last years game, They have to add coaching changes..

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.