Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Russ Kiniry, Designer of NCAA Football 11 has just posted dynasty blog #3 of 3, talking about recruiting logic and extras.

Quote:
"Dynasty is such a huge part of NCAA Football games that it took three blogs to get through all of the new features this year. You can check out the first two on the new Phone Call and Prospects by clicking on the links. This blog is dedicated to the behind the scenes logic and extras in NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty and Dynasty Modes.

One of the biggest changes to Dynasty Recruiting this year is a new setting allowing control of the difficulty. It has four options: Freshman, Varsity (the default setting), All-American, and Heisman. What you will see as you increase the difficulty is the computer controlled teams will maximize the amount of points they earn each Phone Call. In turn, you really need to be on your game on Heisman mode to sign the Top Prospects.

A huge part of the Recruiting Logic is making the Prospects have a more realistic approach to what school they are going to attend. To accomplish this, we made a few changes to the Prospect’s thought process. First, before a Prospect can pick his final school, he has to have his Top 10 in order. Second, the better a Prospect is, the more it takes to get him to come to your school. Finally, for some Prospects staying near home is a major deal, and it should give those close schools an advantage."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 ycbs @ 06/09/10 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Some of you guys are making the implementation of a Coaching Carousel sound waaaaaaaaaaaaay more complicated than it is.

College Hoops 2k series did it..and did it extremely well.

"Well, what good is it if you don't have the real coaches?"....because you can EDIT THE COACHES.

Just like the roster, you can edit all the coaches to be the real coaches with real coaching tendencies then save the file. It's already been DONE on College Hoops 2k8.
CH2K8 should definitely be the starting model for any kind of coaching carousel. It was extremely well done, and like you and a couple of others have said, not overly complicated. Anyone interested in the coaching carousel idea but not familiar with CH2K8 should check it out. You will be sold after doing so.

Head coaches and assistant coaches were fully editable and the head coaches were pretty much modeled after their real counterparts. These edits were part of the regular roster file, so it was very simple to keep up with.

CPU head coaches got fired, retired, accepted college HC jobs to better programs, accepted lesser HC jobs after getting fired. It's pretty realistic. All this had a trickle down affect that led to you getting opportunities and even assistant coaches getting HC jobs. There was a logical heirarchy to the promotional system. You couldn't go from say Marist straight to UConn. You had to work your way up at least a step or two. About the only thing it didn't have was head coaches leaving for jobs in the NBA.

For those that like the more realistic approach to working your way up in the coaching ranks, this is definitely a huge feature. Even those that aren't into that all that much could definitey appreciate this feature if they saw how CH2K8 did it.

# 102 WKUweather @ 06/09/10 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ycbs
CH2K8 should definitely be the starting model for any kind of coaching carousel. It was extremely well done, and like you and a couple of others have said, not overly complicated. Anyone interested in the coaching carousel idea but not familiar with CH2K8 should check it out. You will be sold after doing so.

Head coaches and assistant coaches were fully editable and the head coaches were pretty much modeled after their real counterparts. These edits were part of the regular roster file, so it was very simple to keep up with.

CPU head coaches got fired, retired, accepted college HC jobs to better programs, accepted lesser HC jobs after getting fired. It's pretty realistic. All this had a trickle down affect that led to you getting opportunities and even assistant coaches getting HC jobs. There was a logical heirarchy to the promotional system. You couldn't go from say Marist straight to UConn. You had to work your way up at least a step or two. About the only thing it didn't have was head coaches leaving for jobs in the NBA.

For those that like the more realistic approach to working your way up in the coaching ranks, this is definitely a huge feature. Even those that aren't into that all that much could definitey appreciate this feature if they saw how CH2K8 did it.
I have wanted this option in the EA games for since I saw and played with the CH2K8. It was very well done and, hopefully, will be included this year.

It was the most realistic type of gameplay I have ever played. You had to start at a smaller school and work your way up. And choosing which schools to go to our pass up made it even more realistic.

I agree with you, if you guys don't know what we are talking about...rent that game and you will find out and will love it and know exactly why people want it included.

# 103 Big Sho @ 06/09/10 11:57 AM
From my understanding the way CH2K8 did it was you controlled the coach. I believe from what I read in the survey the Coaching Carousel proposed in NCAA Football 11 would be the user controlling the school and the coach being independent. So in theory you'd be the AD and you'd be at the mercy of the coaches leaving, instead of the way CH2K8 did it where the AD's were at the mercy of the user.

Either way...without more additions to offline dynasty, this game will fall short for those of us who don't care about online improvements.

# 104 cowboykmoney @ 06/09/10 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sho
From my understanding the way CH2K8 did it was you controlled the coach. I believe from what I read in the survey the Coaching Carousel proposed in NCAA Football 11 would be the user controlling the school and the coach being independent. So in theory you'd be the AD and you'd be at the mercy of the coaches leaving, instead of the way CH2K8 did it where the AD's were at the mercy of the user.

Either way...without more additions to offline dynasty, this game will fall short for those of us who don't care about online improvements.
How right you are on this because as of all the talk on this site it alone should let EA know this is needed to put this game over the top and make this game the best Ncaa game to date.

# 105 WKUweather @ 06/10/10 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sho

That too would be cool. And I assume if the coach is doing awful, you have the right to fire him. And on the flip side, if he is doing great than he may leave.

If that is the case then I will be enjoying NCAA Football '11!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.