Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Check out the new Madden NFL 11 video discussing gameplay. If you can't view it on OS, check our Youtube page.

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 sroz39 @ 06/09/10 07:58 AM
Like someone else mentioned in this thread earlier, I think what you're seeing is largely what we're going to get in August. We definitely put too much stock in what build they're showing us through these vids. We all do it, holding on to some hope that the final build is going to be drastically different. Almost never is.

Having said all that, I'm looking forward to the game and even with 10's flaws, quite enjoyed that game for a few months. I actually feel bad for Ian and Co. They've been saddled by this god-awful engine that wasn't built by them and they have to turn lemons into lemonade now. The first group of guys that made the "next-gen" engine way back when for Madden 06, clearly had no idea what next-gen football should have looked like. And now Ian and his team have to pull this sucker out of the fire and I hear the Mission Impossible theme playing in the background as I type this...

# 42 Skyboxer @ 06/09/10 08:11 AM
Like what I'm seeing so far. Love this time of year.
Of course I realize it's just a game...(plus I don't have a computer programming degree like most in this thread)

# 43 Blitzburgh @ 06/09/10 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman83
Yea, it'll look that way until there's an engine change...they aren't redoing the animations or adding smoother transitions, so it still looks awkward to me....improved but still not there to my eyes
Hey Pacman- I couldn't agree more with you. The problem is this game is now really starting to look stale to people. I think the biggest reason is the over all look of the player models and the way they walk and run. Maybe this locomotion thing was something they had to add first before really getting into the true physics based aspects of the game.

Since we got something new to choose from finally and can import the NFL teams in a minute this may be the first year in a while I pass on Madden. I'm guessing I'm not alone on this one as well. Plus NCAA is finally looking different & better. I may get that game instead. God I love choice!

# 44 Blitzburgh @ 06/09/10 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8
I hate how every year they say this Madden is the best ever but then next year they show how bad it was and say this Madden is the best ever.
On the Bucs sweep the hb is about to run into the endzone and then freezes and waits for the tackle. Animations triggering does not look smooth at all.
I know, when you follow a series for a long time it starts to sound comical.

What is up with Ian's personality or lack there of lol? He seems miserable as all hell. Kinda like he wanted to focus on different things this year but got the shaft and now has to talk up stuff that he feels we aren't going to take great notice in even though it may be huge improvements. Just a thought.

# 45 Linuxx @ 06/09/10 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkagTrendy
"I think that the logic of them just knowing what their assignment is, is a game changer." - Anthony Stevenson

This is the problem..THAT SHOULD ALWAYS BE THERE

Also, Ian may have hinted that they've overhauled presentation and franchise, when he was talking about gameplay. "It doesn't matter what your presentation is, it doesn't matter what your franchise is if your gameplay's not there."
Not sure how you got anything about them updating franchise out of that statement??

# 46 Hova57 @ 06/09/10 08:46 AM
i think you guys are all overreacting they have already stated that only one site is going to review the game. and E3 is where we usually get franchise info. they are obviously keeping things under wraps for a reason.

# 47 djordan @ 06/09/10 08:56 AM
This video is BS!!!

What "NEW" gameplay changes were exposed? They just talked about all of the features/additions from previous videos/blogs.... No new changes were in this video.

Madden 11 looks to be a minimal jump in regards to gameplay additions....

# 48 Bellsprout @ 06/09/10 09:04 AM
Quote:
"I think that the logic of them just knowing what their assignment is, is a game changer." - Anthony Stevenson

This is the problem..THAT SHOULD ALWAYS BE THERE
So, EA fixes it and... you're still mad. Because it should've always been there. It's there this year, but that isn't good enough. They can't exactly jump in a time machine and fix it in past games.

Proof positive that EA cannot win on OS. They fix something that people complain about and screw 'em, it should've always been that way.

# 49 MrSkagTrendy @ 06/09/10 09:08 AM
I'm sorry but something as simple as a lineman knowing their assignment shouldn't even have to be mentioned. I don't often complain, either.

# 50 Meazza @ 06/09/10 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimixiii
I'm definitely going to wait for the OS reaction once this game is out before thinking about paying it this year. I'm really not liking how much they focus conversation around "new players to Madden" every video, that has to be a very small percentage of their consumers year-to-year. Just make a game for the hardcore football fans & the money will come. I really don't get their strategy with all the catering to so-called newcomers.
If you do, you should wait until a couple weeks after its release. The first week or so tends to be the whole climax to the Madden hype "OMG, this is the best Madden ever, finally I can play a great football game!!" A few weeks later tells a VERY different story. If the past is any indication, I really don't see this year being any different.

Here's to hoping it is different this year though

# 51 Skyboxer @ 06/09/10 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
So, EA fixes it and... you're still mad. Because it should've always been there. It's there this year, but that isn't good enough. They can't exactly jump in a time machine and fix it in past games.

Proof positive that EA cannot win on OS. They fix something that people complain about and screw 'em, it should've always been that way.
Well actually they can win on OS but not in the general population.....

# 52 BlackJack_Williams @ 06/09/10 09:34 AM
'Game play is what it's all about. If Game play is not there, doesn't matter what your presentation is, doesn't matter what your franchise mode is, if your game play isn't there... ' So interesting that he said that.

# 53 J Masta J @ 06/09/10 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Well actually they can win on OS but not in the general population.....
yah, not with all the silly plebians, what do they know

# 54 Exonerated @ 06/09/10 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Masta J
yah, not with all the silly plebians, what do they know
et tu brute?

# 55 mike24forever @ 06/09/10 09:50 AM
As always, it's the same people complaining and moaning. Nothing ever changes. If you are unhappy with the changes and you do not like what you see, DO NOT BUY THE GAME! That being said, I think the video looks great.

# 56 DaveDQ @ 06/09/10 09:55 AM
Using trailers to talk about animation changes and flow of the game is a mistake. Madden's engine simply does not have momentum down. Locomotion is trying to address this and the video does show that. In particular though, the animations in Madden that are transitional have always been very difficult to swallow.

They already spoke of addressing the catch animation where the receiver backtracks and there is a loss of yardage. That's a transitional animation from the catch animation to getting in position to run with the ball. The sweep play where blockers don't match up correctly are also transition animations, where we have seen what the one producer mentioned as "jazz hands."

But if you look at the progression of this series in the last two years, many things have been addressed with animations. Take for instance the ugly snap back tackle that happened when a runner was hit at his feet, yet it looked like he got hit in the chest (the way the tackle animated). That has been addressed. The silly leaping over a player animation at the end of a play has been toned down. Before you would see two guys leaping almost on every animation at the end of a play. "Mario-Running" has been dealt with...maybe not 100% but it has been worked on.

Right now we have things like sideline catches and DB interaction that should be addressed. Those are animations that need work on, among others. However, to use trailers, videos designed to show little flaw, is just not going to show any change. I'm still one to say scrap the Madden engine and start new, but I also have to say that the game has seen some things in the animation dept. addressed.

# 57 splff3000 @ 06/09/10 09:56 AM
Quote:
I'm sorry but something as simple as a lineman knowing their assignment shouldn't even have to be mentioned. I don't often complain, either.
This is sooooo true lol. That's like saying, "This year, defenders will try to make tackles." It just sounds like something that shouldn't be really mentioned as a feature lol. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy they fixed it, but I don't think they really should tout it as a "feature".

# 58 splff3000 @ 06/09/10 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms24forever
As always, it's the same people complaining and moaning. Nothing ever changes. If you are unhappy with the changes and you do not like what you see, DO NOT BUY THE GAME! That being said, I think the video looks great.
Likewise, as usual, it's the same people praising the game no matter what. It goes both ways buddy.

# 59 Rashad19 @ 06/09/10 09:58 AM
Not much to see at all in that video. I have the same feeling about Madden 11 that I had about NCAA 10 before it was released. While numerous changes may have been made from last year the lack of innovation in this series is alarming. The game just looks so stale and awkward right now.

I'm looking forward to gameplay videos from E3 but IMHO I don't think anything they release will be earth shattering news.

# 60 Only1LT @ 06/09/10 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms24forever

As always, it's the same people complaining about people because they have a different opinion than them. Nothing ever changes. If you are happy with the changes and you like what you see, you should not have a problem with those that don't feel as you do and you are still free to BUY THE GAME. I thought this was the USA and people were allowed to discuss their views in a civilized manner. That being said, the video is what it is.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.