Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

With Ohio St., Miami, FSU and Florida already announced as playable teams in the NCAA Football 11 demo, EA announced today that Clemson and Mizzou have been added to the list of teams. Check out the screenshots right here.

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 jmik58 @ 06/09/10 10:57 AM
Clemson is one back spread, but they pass more out of it than you think. They definitely run out of it but still passed for 192 yards a game in '09 (7th in ACC). It should stay the same if Parker doesn't bite at baseball.

Florida State is more of a pro style offense in the sense that they have two backs. They definitely get more out of their passing game than on the ground. Christian Ponder has a lot to do with that.

Miami also has a pro style (2 back) formation, but spreads it out and throws a lot. Harris really isn't a duel threat QB in the sense that he is just elusive in the pocket, and isn't depended on to gain rushing yards like a typical duel threat.

MIzzou is a no huddle spread team (1 back) that throws the ball all over the place.

Ohio State is a definitely a multiple style offense in the sense they have the guys to run a lot of formations. They like to stay conservative in a pro style formation (2 backs) but Pryor will be set loose in the spread as well.

Florida, of course, is a spread team with 1 back that motions their slot receivers into the backfield a lot. They run out of this more than most spread teams who like to pass. Their running game has an option flair to it.

Pistol: Nevada or Indiana
Run and Shoot: Houston or Northwestern (Many might argue this, but they look to throw quick short passes out of the spread.. the definition of the R&S)
Option: Georgia Tech, Air Force, Navy, Army
Air Raid: Texas Tech (still keeping the spread with new coach Tommy T, but will likely run a little more), SMU (June Jones, former coach at Hawaii)

# 42 Hiro1 @ 06/09/10 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
Seen a lot of people mentioning team entrances as maybe a reason for some of the teams being selected for the demo. My question is, have they even confirmed that entrances will be in the demo?
Yes they are. I can only hope you don't get bashed though haha

# 43 seasprite @ 06/09/10 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1
Yes they are. I can only hope you don't get bashed though haha
I know they are confirmed for the retail, just hadnt read about the demo. Thanks

# 44 gharp14 @ 06/09/10 11:06 AM
mizzou wore special pro combats last year for only one game but so did ohio st and they are wearing theirs in the demo, hopefully mizzou's got in. BEAST MODE

# 45 Dr Death @ 06/09/10 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
Run and Shoot: Houston or Northwestern (Many might argue this, but they look to throw quick short passes out of the spread.. the definition of the R&S)
Air Raid: Texas Tech (still keeping the spread with new coach Tommy T, but will likely run a little more), SMU (June Jones, former coach at Hawaii)
SMU, and specifically, June Jones, is and always has been a Run & Shoot. What he runs/teaches is different than what Leach/Mumme taught in the Air Raid.

# 46 RynoAid @ 06/09/10 11:15 AM
it's cool we get to see the Clemson intro in the demo.

# 47 coogrfan @ 06/09/10 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
Clemson is one back spread, but they pass more out of it than you think. They definitely run out of it but still passed for 192 yards a game in '09 (7th in ACC). It should stay the same if Parker doesn't bite at baseball.

Florida State is more of a pro style offense in the sense that they have two backs. They definitely get more out of their passing game than on the ground. Christian Ponder has a lot to do with that.

Miami also has a pro style (2 back) formation, but spreads it out and throws a lot. Harris really isn't a duel threat QB in the sense that he is just elusive in the pocket, and isn't depended on to gain rushing yards like a typical duel threat.

MIzzou is a no huddle spread team (1 back) that throws the ball all over the place.

Ohio State is a definitely a multiple style offense in the sense they have the guys to run a lot of formations. They like to stay conservative in a pro style formation (2 backs) but Pryor will be set loose in the spread as well.

Florida, of course, is a spread team with 1 back that motions their slot receivers into the backfield a lot. They run out of this more than most spread teams who like to pass. Their running game has an option flair to it.

Pistol: Nevada or Indiana
Houston hasn't run the R&S since the early 90's. The current offense was installed prior to the 08 season by ex-TT assistant (now Okie St OC) Dana Holgerson, and is a variation on Mike Leach's version of the Air Raid.

# 48 RoyalBoyle78 @ 06/09/10 11:17 AM
love the screens, Hey Steve are you expecting a copy soon?

# 49 ODogg @ 06/09/10 11:32 AM
Does Hawai'i still run the Run & Shoot since Jones left?

# 50 cowboykmoney @ 06/09/10 11:41 AM
Man I cant wait till Monday.

# 51 Dr Death @ 06/09/10 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Does Hawai'i still run the Run & Shoot since Jones left?
They do, they just don't run it nearly as effective. In 2009 SMU was 12th in red zone scoring and Hawaii was 119th. Which shows that June Jones knows what he's doing and just having people running his system doesn't always work.

# 52 UCFTirade @ 06/09/10 11:48 AM
http://procombat.nikemedia.com/teams.html

I think this page will help for the next two teams. just seems to be all PC even though showing different to slightly different offensive styles. I think SMU may not show up but but a LSU vs. VT or TCU etc. matchup could show up

# 53 texasfan_95 @ 06/09/10 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBruce
well that was quite th elet down! oh and it appears that Kyle Parker is in after all :P\

E: WHAT THE ****!!!! look tha that OL's right leg! (the one closest to the qb) it looks like a stick!
I had to do a double take myself but its just his self shadow that makes it look like that.

# 54 coogrfan @ 06/09/10 11:50 AM
An interesting nugget from the guys over at The Gaming Tailgate:

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...ams-amp-Styles

Quote:
Below are the teams that will be in the NCAA Football 11 demo this Monday. Additionaly their respective offensive styles are listed. The difference in no huddle and no huddle-agreessive is the agressive will run no huddle most of the game, non-aggressive will run it situationally.

Miami - Pro Style

vs

Ohio State - Multiple

Florida - Spread

vs

Florida State - Multiple

Missouri - Spread - No Huddle - Aggressive

vs

Clemson - Spread - No Huddle

?

vs

?

# 55 Vikefan24 @ 06/09/10 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
so tommorrow i think its going to be Texas and Oklahoma - national championship game.
WUT

# 56 ElroyJetson @ 06/09/10 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout863
Miami runs a prostyle offense actually and clemson runs a variation of the spread so im real confused now.
This ^ Miami runs the prostyle offense

# 57 Dr Death @ 06/09/10 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCFTirade
http://procombat.nikemedia.com/teams.html

I think this page will help for the next two teams. just seems to be all PC even though showing different to slightly different offensive styles. I think SMU may not show up but but a LSU vs. VT or TCU etc. matchup could show up
Man, that is the coolest link to Nike PC I've seen yet! Thanks for that!

# 58 rollinphat @ 06/09/10 12:23 PM
so tomorrow they will announce Alabama as one of the demo teams since they run a one back offense

# 59 BAMAJD @ 06/09/10 12:24 PM
I guess Penn St vs Alabama will be a one also. Looks like they are doing some matchups that are happening this year.

# 60 UF Fan @ 06/09/10 12:25 PM
Tomorrow has to be Bama and Texas

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.