Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

New York, NY - June 9, 2010 - 2K announced today its star-studded E3 2010 lineup that includes premier high-quality games for gamers of all tastes and ages. The full scope of 2K's experience will be on display* in the South Hall at Booth 2823, as the sequels to some of gaming's biggest franchises will make an appearance alongside the debut of new and exciting additions to their portfolio, creating 2K's biggest E3 showing ever.

"By delivering only the hot list-dominating games that we want to play, 2K will take on E3 2010 with its strongest lineup to date across all of its divisions," said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. "The benefit of our strategic approach to this year's roster of delivering fewer, bigger titles -- featuring games like Mafia® II, NBA® 2K11 and New Carnival Games® -- is that we can focus on delivering the most engaging and entertaining experiences for today's broadening gaming audience. From core to casual, 2K will have something for every gamer this holiday season."

In the past five years, 2K has become one of the gaming industry's premier publishers, creating titles that are both critically and commercially successful. By developing a mantra that emphasizes quality over quantity, 2K has published a number of multi million unit selling franchises in a short amount of time for a wide variety of platforms including BioShock®, BorderlandsTM, Carnival Games, Sid Meier's Civilization®, NBA® 2K, NHL® 2K, Major League Baseball® 2K and more. This year's E3 lineup personifies the very essence of the 2K DNA of creating prestigious and meaningful titles that continue to innovate in unique and exciting ways.

NBA® 2K11 (Fall 2010) - It's the #1 selling and rated NBA series that everyone is playing - from the most elite NBA athletes and superstars to the local court gym rats. NBA 2K10 delivered on its promise to TAKE OVER, and NBA 2K11 will build on that momentum by dialing up all of its features - gameplay, AI, presentation, visuals, audio, online and more - to deliver what's expected to be the best basketball video game experience EVER.

NHL® 2K11 (Fall 2010) - Taking video game hockey to a new level, Wii MotionPlusTM brings revolutionary stick control to your Wii RemoteTM with the ability to execute real-time (one-to-one) dekes, puck juggling, shooting and defensive maneuvers.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Eclipso @ 06/09/10 11:43 AM
Bah, you just beat me to it!

# 2 bigsmallwood @ 06/09/10 12:04 PM
This should be interesting..... 2K says they are going to "deliver what's expected to be the best basketball video game experience EVER."

That coupled with MJ being on the cover is a TALL task. I hope they can deliver!

# 3 youvalss @ 06/09/10 12:27 PM
Just get MJ to appear at E3 wearing a 2K Sports T-shirt. Game over.

# 4 jfsolo @ 06/09/10 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Just get MJ to appear at E3 wearing a 2K Sports T-shirt. Game over.
They would have to fire 5 full-time employees to pay Mike's appearance fee.

# 5 youngfaze01 @ 06/09/10 01:49 PM
Well now it is confirmed. Good job. We'll be seeing the game next week.

# 6 Gosens6 @ 06/09/10 01:53 PM
I have a good feeling about 2K11 this year. First time iv'e been hyped for a 2K basketball game in a LONG time.

# 7 youngfaze01 @ 06/09/10 02:14 PM
I hope to see more fluid movements and crossovers. I hope to see a better arena atmosphere with the crowd going nuts and wearing team colors. I also hope to see a more spacious court and better-looking players.

# 8 youvalss @ 06/09/10 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
They would have to fire 5 full-time employees to pay Mike's appearance fee.
But they would sell a lot more coppies, and bring them back to work after release

# 9 Goffs @ 06/09/10 03:35 PM
aww...now we wont get any threads about 2k11 not coming out this year due to lack of info

# 10 Muzyk23 @ 06/09/10 03:38 PM
spacing !!!!

# 11 TreyIM2 @ 06/09/10 04:49 PM
Odd that 2K is actually showing a NBA2K at an E3. Maybe they have something mindblowing to show...or they're mad nervous about what EA is doing with Elite 11. Hmm.

# 12 Shakedowncapo @ 06/09/10 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Odd that 2K is actually showing a NBA2K at an E3. Maybe they have something mindblowing to show...or they're mad nervous about what EA is doing with Elite 11. Hmm.
They always show NBA2k at gameshows like E3...Just not to the public. And that looks like the case again this year.

# 13 TreyIM2 @ 06/09/10 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
They always show NBA2k at gameshows like E3...Just not to the public. And that looks like the case again this year.
Actually, I wondered if I was forgetting about that but for some reason, though, I don't think it will be a private showing, this time, if ever there was a private showing of NBA 2K at E3. I'm having a hard time remembering that was the case in the past because people always talk about how 2K shows or says nothing of the latest NBA2K games until about a month or so before demo/retail release.

However, we may be seeing MJ there in some sort of lil presentation of the game...maybe.

# 14 sarlndr @ 06/09/10 07:04 PM
There will also be a special appearence by none other then Snoop Dogg in 2K11. Bow wow wow!

# 15 babyfat9 @ 06/10/10 02:32 AM
With Jordan on the cover this game better blow every other 2k basketball games up to date away or having the Greatest of all time on the cover will be all for not. I am praying the final game has loads and loads of classic rosters, shoes, and jerseys!!!!!

# 16 Behindshadows @ 06/10/10 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfat9
With Jordan on the cover this game better blow every other 2k basketball games up to date away or having the Greatest of all time on the cover will be all for not. I am praying the final game has loads and loads of classic rosters, shoes, and jerseys!!!!!
Yeah they got the greatest player on the cover, they need to come with it this season. Limited on the bugs, good online out the box. Graphics overhaul, players faces, jersey's, real shoes plus brands, and better more accurate courts and stadiums.

Bring it 2k11, make all the fans that have supported you during Dreamcast, have a fresh and new feeling with 2k11.

My problems with the series, is it didn't feel new anymore after 2k8. I hope the feel of the game, as well as the visuals. Just seem like a fresh and new game.

# 17 ahhyuuken @ 06/10/10 06:31 AM
I really hope 2K11 delivers this year on it's promises. Can't wait to see the presentation at E3.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.