Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

If you are having any issues viewing the video on OS, check our Youtube channel.

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 ehh @ 06/10/10 10:39 AM
I don't see any issue with the eurostep, especially since Jennings is one of the quicker players in the league.

# 82 rockchisler @ 06/10/10 10:42 AM
EZ gentlemen EZ Hopefully the developers are looking and implement the blend a lil better

# 83 Pared @ 06/10/10 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
That is really interesting. So since you have the benefit of seeing a whole new game a year after I did you can look back retroactively and make snide comments about what I did or did not see in live 10.

Very interesting. Not taking into account that my vision of live 10 was in comparison to live 09 and 2k9. Hinsight is indeed 20/20

I find that to be a completely misguided evaluation of what I saw and an attempt to shut me up as it were. I think if we look at anyones comparisons of a game last year yours included we can certainly poke out holes with the benefit of 12 months of vision.

Its obvious you are invested in this years live game no problem but does that mean we can't look at what they decided to show us and comment on it ?

I took zero cheap shots. We are known for analyzing video.
and honestly what does anything you posted have to do with the blend in the euro ?

Bretheren I ask you was that a cheap shot to say the euro had a bad blend.

The producer said its the what most realistic ever ?

They said real time physics so we should just act like we didn't see that ?
Cheap shot? By asking you what was the difference? Ok. I expected more from you and hope you would expect the same vice versa.

I'm simply asking what is the difference? Last year it was ok and this year it ain't. Your opinion changes but I wanted an explanation as to what did you see that was so off the mark. I posted video proof how it was possible, and by an athlete.

No snide marks here man. We've been back and forth for too long and for you to expect that is very unlike you.

There's nothing wrong with asking you to explain what you're talking about and the difference from one year to the next.

Quote:
Come on Pared in the video he jumped off his right leg at an angle that a human would NOT do with the momentum he had. Am I the only one who noticed that ?

that was an obvious blend into that particular animation
You're telling me an NBA athlete can't jump of his right foot and shoot with both hands? Hell, I can do that. The only thing missing is his momentum should carry him further... but to say the shot is not possible...

And for the record I'm invested in BASKETBALL GAMING. Don't give me that "you're invested in Live." I want basketball gaming to evolve, and nothing has changed in the many years I've always said 2k has the better game. So please don't give me the "you're in Live's camp now" thing. If you've been here long enough, from the many year's I've had 2k early, and the sliders and junk I used to put out for Live to the involvement with Inside Drive that I give every game a fair shot.

# 84 Da_Czar @ 06/10/10 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
EZ gentlemen EZ Hopefully the developers are looking and implement the blend a lil better
Exactly Rock constructive criticism should in no way be disallowed. Are we forgetting I lived live 10 last year ? and the team that made it ? LOL

# 85 TreyIM2 @ 06/10/10 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I don't see any issue with the eurostep, especially since Jennings is one of the quicker players in the league.
Agreed. After reading the back and forth about the Euro-step, I went back to the vid and played it a zillion times over. Nothing I haven't done or seen before.

But AGAIN we're still looking at stripped down, early footage. Not worried about anything, at this point, in regard to this game.

# 86 Da_Czar @ 06/10/10 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Ehh its not the step that was beautiful it was the shot he took out of it could have been a better selection for the speed and momentum and angle he was driving at. that shot would have looked much better if he took off from the opposite leg like he did in pareds video example. off the right leg he would probably shoot a different shot is all I was saying not the move itself.

# 87 Jano @ 06/10/10 10:50 AM
Hmm after looking at it again Czar is right that was a bad blend but I'm not going to go too crazy over it though.

If doing that is going to give teh offensive player an advantage every time then I will. Help defense may have been able to shut that down so my issue with it isn't that huge.

In 2K I have also seen times where animations have blended badly or the players go into animations that wouldn't paticularly work irl so its nothing new.

I'm not trying to downplay what Czar was saying b/c its definitely a valid point but its not something that will bother me too much personally. Unless I or the AI is able to deliberately to cause unrealistic stuff like that to happen giving us an advantage we otherwise wouldn't have.

And I stopped buying into that "this will be the most realistic bball game ever" crap b/c everyone says that. And every year each game does a lot of things that contradict that point so I don't even read into that stuff any more.

# 88 Pared @ 06/10/10 10:51 AM
Quote:
Ehh its not the step that was beautiful it was the shot he took out of it could have been a better selection for the speed and momentum and angle he was driving at. that shot would have looked much better if he took off from the opposite leg like he did in pareds video example. off the right leg he would probably shoot a different shot is all I was saying not the move itself.
For the record, HoosierDaddy talked to them about this already.

This is why I asked you to explain what was the difference from last year to this year. When you explain what you mean, it's a different story.

The user can choose what type of finish they have after the Euro. In this video, the user chose a two handed shot. If you wanted to, you could choose to do a layup. The point is, you can choose what happens out of it.

# 89 RoyalBoyle78 @ 06/10/10 10:57 AM
I know it's a work in progress, but why did the graphics look like crap.

# 90 Da_Czar @ 06/10/10 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Cheap shot? By asking you what was the difference? Ok. I expected more from you and hope you would expect the same vice versa.

I'm simply asking what is the difference? Last year it was ok and this year it ain't. Your opinion changes but I wanted an explanation as to what did you see that was so off the mark. I posted video proof how it was possible, and by an athlete.

No snide marks here man. We've been back and forth for too long and for you to expect that is very unlike you.

There's nothing wrong with asking you to explain what you're talking about and the difference from one year to the next.

You're telling me an NBA athlete can't jump of his right foot and shoot with both hands? Hell, I can do that. The only thing missing is his momentum should carry him further... but to say the shot is not possible...

And for the record I'm invested in BASKETBALL GAMING. Don't give me that "you're invested in Live." I want basketball gaming to evolve, and nothing has changed in the many years I've always said 2k has the better game. So please don't give me the "you're in Live's camp now" thing. If you've been here long enough, from the many year's I've had 2k early, and the sliders and junk I used to put out for Live to the involvement with Inside Drive that I give every game a fair shot.
Okay you made several assumptions here. We can talk about this when we see each other if its that important. I'm not going play this game with you here. It would take forever to hash this out because you are making so many assumptions.

Let me say this. I never said you were in lives camp I said you were invested in the game. You have seen much more of it than we had your ideas were implemented into the game to me that equalls an investment of some sort. IE if your ideas are in it you will have more of an attachment ot it.

as an example I sent live stuff on the post game and dynasty last year after both games came out. If that stuff made it in I would think its obvious that I would have an investment in that game because my ideas are in there.

Please don't come with the I expected more of you stuff that is completly not necessary I responded to what you said, I feel you made an unfair criticism with the benefit of seeing something new that didn't exist.

In addition your putting words in my mouth and forming discussion based off of that. How can we have a discussion when your pre determining what I say ? that is not a balanced conversation.

and lastly of course you can shoot with two hands off a euro off that leg just not like that.

# 91 rockchisler @ 06/10/10 10:58 AM
Quote:

This is why I asked you to explain what was the difference from last year to this year. When you explain what you mean, it's a different story.

The user can choose what type of finish they have after the Euro. In this video, the user chose a two handed shot. If you wanted to, you could choose to do a layup. The point is, you can choose what happens out of it.
Exactly, There are multiple shots you can do out of the euro step, That one was not the greatest looking but not horrible where I'm not gonna play it any more.

# 92 HoosierDaddy @ 06/10/10 11:00 AM
Quote:

Thanks Pared, was getting ready to chime in on this. I see what you're saying Czar and I pointed it out to the dev team.

# 93 rockchisler @ 06/10/10 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
I know it's a work in progress, but why did the graphics look like crap.
Because its a work in Progress

# 94 Da_Czar @ 06/10/10 11:04 AM
Quote:

Okay that is fair I have no problem with that. Its just I wasn't there man I didn't get a chance to see it. I want them to make it the best it can be. You obviously know by now that I want the best game possible.

It might help when reading my posts especially directed towards you to know I'm not the smart *** type I don't try to out people or show people up so when you read what I'm saying if your getting that. That isn't me at all. If I have a problem I will come to you directly and not try to show you up. I am interested in them getting the most out of what they have.

In the face of all the 2k10 love I liked live 10 because of the direction. I never said they were there I said eveything I said about that product looking at where they might end up. again loving the direction. you have been to more of these things than probably anyone on OS. YOu know they can't fix everything but by pointing things out each of us can help make the product better.

There are some who hate EA i get that. But I am not one of them. I am just holding them accountable as much as I can I think i went too easy on them last year because I loved the direction. This year I am correcting that a bit and you saw my other thread I am cautiously optomistic.

that said this is a non issue for me if it is for you we talk about it like I said face to face when we meet.

# 95 Da_Czar @ 06/10/10 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
Thanks Pared, was getting ready to chime in on this. I see what you're saying Czar and I pointed it out to the dev team.
Thank you Sir !

# 96 mvb34 @ 06/10/10 11:13 AM
Can't will all just get along ... lol I hope this game will be good with all the improvements..

# 97 Pared @ 06/10/10 11:13 AM
Quote:
Okay you made several assumptions here. We can talk about this when we see each other if its that important. I'm not going play this game with you here. It would take forever to hash this out because you are making so many assumptions.

Let me say this. I never said you were in lives camp I said you were invested in the game. You have seen much more of it than we had your ideas were implemented into the game to me that equalls an investment of some sort. IE if your ideas are in it you will have more of an attachment ot it.

as an example I sent live stuff on the post game and dynasty last year after both games came out. If that stuff made it in I would think its obvious that I would have an investment in that game because my ideas are in there.

Please don't come with the I expected more of you stuff that is completly not necessary I responded to what you said, I feel you made an unfair criticism with the benefit of seeing something new that didn't exist.

In addition your putting words in my mouth and forming discussion based off of that. How can we have a discussion when your pre determining what I say ? that is not a balanced conversation.

and lastly of course you can shoot with two hands off a euro off that leg just not like that.
I don't see where you're getting all that, but I'll just leave it there. Feel free to hit me up because we've had discussions in the past via PM. I don't see where I've made assumptions but I'm always willing to listen, if you're willing to explain your thoughts.

As for what you mentioned, I could go on with any game released how such and such didn't look right. When you start doing that, you might as well get a video channel and call yourself Apex. And I'm not saying this to justify or **** on your point - I've already described and showed video why I think it's possible and how two of us asked for that shot to change anyway. So we're probably more in agreement than you think, but in no way is that shot "not possible because of his footing."

And again, I'm "invested" in basketball gaming. My ideas are in more games than you think. Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean all of a sudden I have an attachment to something. People said the same exact thing when I went to EA early in '08 and said I liked the base of what they had. It's the same exact thing here. People tried to do it then and it makes no difference: A good game, is a good game.

In fact, I'd bet guys from the trip are reluctant to even comment because they KNOW this will happen.

I just expect guys to give both games the "fine-toothed comb" approach equally. If you're going to gloss over something in one game, make sure you do it for others as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Exactly, There are multiple shots you can do out of the euro step, That one was not the greatest looking but not horrible where I'm not gonna play it any more.
C'mon, you would be playing Elite regardless.

# 98 KG @ 06/10/10 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Agreed. After reading the back and forth about the Euro-step, I went back to the vid and played it a zillion times over. Nothing I haven't done or seen before.

But AGAIN we're still looking at stripped down, early footage. Not worried about anything, at this point, in regard to this game.
Same. I just think it looks awkward because you don't see too many guys shooting like that off the Euro Step.

I just spent a couple minutes in my cube doing the Euro Step and shooting an imaginary ball like that. Yeah it felt awkward.

# 99 Sovartus @ 06/10/10 11:17 AM

I'm actually a little disappointed in your comments. Most of what you're saying is coming across to me as you just being negative. Let me clarify what I mean when I say the inability of foul. Other then the intentional foul button which typically will end up in you pressing the big button in the middle and bringing up your friends list or something, there is no way to truly foul a person. When someone's driving to the lane I want to be able to put the hammer on them. If someone standing under the basket I want to be able to wrap them up or hack them. I really don't think the ratings had has much to do with it as you are claiming. Novell spoke of two man animations and he's right. That's what the man does for a living so I'm sure that he knows what he's talking. While I was in EA Canada I was able to see the things that he's talking about as far as two man animations are concerned.

This is one of the things that seriously plagues the other game. In order for the action to look right the game automatically puts you in animation sequences that are designed for two players. That's why your players get sucked into these animation sequences and you lose control until the animation sequence plays out. I could be wrong but, ratings may determine what animation sequences you get sucked into however; you still have absolutely no control over your character into the sequence is done.

As far shooting is concerned the new shooting mechanic in the game is totally different than what you're probably used to. It felt very natural and I did feel as though I had complete control over whether or not I make a shot. There are other factors involved however because you can just flick the stick in a particular direction and expect to make a shot every time. I think they've done a very good job of trying to replicate the feeling of shooting as if it were real life. I can fully respect your right to be skeptical or even negative about the new NBA elite series but attacking me is probably not in your best intellectual interest. Now, is there any part of my comment that you need further clarification on?

# 100 Pared @ 06/10/10 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
Yes, Hoos and I had a looooooong discussion as to what a player should be capable of out of the Euro., including what type of shot should be possible.

Perhaps me knowing that and others not caused me to not understand what was being said.

I don't think I made any assumptions but I'm sorry if my comments came off that way. Never the intent.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.