Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Phil Frazier has just posted another Madden NFL 11 blog. Here is a quote that should generate a TON of comments.

Quote:
"To re-write Franchise mode to take full advantage of the PS3 and Xbox 360 would take well over a year to do, which is why we’ve taken the approach we have up until now. With that in mind, we made the decision to focus this year’s development on making the core areas of Madden NFL better, namely the AI, animations, playcall, and online play. While that meant not making any major overhauls to Franchise or SuperStar, we were still able to make some notable improvements while we prepare for the future. Specifically, we improved franchise stats (especially season rushing yards and season sacks), in-game injuries, Super Bowl presentation, NCAA Draft Class tuning, and we even completely re-created over 8000 players in 32 draft classes. We also added the new Meadowlands Stadium as the 2014 Super Bowl site. However, the biggest addition to Franchise mode this year is Game Planning. This year you have the ability to create a new Game Plan for every game in Franchise if you choose to do so. If you’re playing the Colts or Saints, you can focus your defensive Game Plan around Manning or Brees. If you’re playing a team with a great secondary like the Eagles, you can focus your Game Plan more around running the ball. You can save off a separate Game Plan for every opponent you face and if they add new players after year one, you can go back and edit that Game Plan to account for those changes. This new feature allows you to be the coach that you always wanted to be."

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 jethrobag @ 06/11/10 03:41 PM
I think the point about the upcoming CBA is a good one. I am sure that the structure of the salary cap, franchise tags, and generally the way the offseason is going to work with a new CBA is a valid argument as to why the devs didn't want to reinvent the wheel with regard to franchise mode just yet. It still makes me sad, but I hope they have some other features not yet revealed that will entice me to buy this years game.

# 62 NYYankees42 @ 06/11/10 03:43 PM
I give props to madden for at least being truthfull and not overhyping minor franchise upgrades. This way franchise people dont waste $60.

# 63 chibears77 @ 06/11/10 03:44 PM
THIS is straight garbage. if the bugs are not fix on this game im not buy madden 11 period.
to not make major improvement on offline franchise is pure crap.
and now i'm 100 percent sure there big announcement is going be online team play. who here really cares about that. that's a casual players dream not mines

I am officially pissed

# 64 splff3000 @ 06/11/10 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrobag
I think the point about the upcoming CBA is a good one. I am sure that the structure of the salary cap, franchise tags, and generally the way the offseason is going to work with a new CBA is a valid argument as to why the devs didn't want to reinvent the wheel with regard to franchise mode just yet. It still makes me sad, but I hope they have some other features not yet revealed that will entice me to buy this years game.
Yeah, but if there is a lockout next year, which is a very good possibility, that stuff still won't be in place, so all the stuff about waiting for the CBA is BS. If they were really were waiting for the CBA, they should've said that franchise will be update for 2013 because that is the year that everything will be finally settled as far as Madden goes.

# 65 CYST2000 @ 06/11/10 03:51 PM
Wow! We get the truth for a change, and in all I can honestly say that I will not be getting this game now. Last year the Franchise mode was as slim as NBA Live 10, and after the second patch it was even worse than before. Now there won't be a reason to play this over last years game. IMO. So I will wait for Madden 2012, or something else.

# 66 Gosens6 @ 06/11/10 03:52 PM
Well, this will be the first year that I officially don't purchase Madden. Inside that makes me a bit upset, but, I just can't do without a good franchise mode. Hopefully NCAA delivers with it's Dynasty

# 67 LionsFanNJ @ 06/11/10 03:53 PM
Oh well at least they're upfront about it which is good. I know what to expect going in.
I don't have too much of a problem with franchise, though i would LOVE it being deeper. At least the NCAA classes will be tuned, to what extent who knows. Still, its a real downer but it is what it is. I knew i'd be playing NCAA more this year than Madden anyway.

# 68 SteelerSpartan @ 06/11/10 03:54 PM
Im not going to get real mad yet.....I want to see all these gameplay improvements in action.....They better be noticeable and great additions because thats what they're saying is carrying the game this year

But man Im tired of this mentality from EA that its "either/or".......Your freaking EA, one of the most powerful game companies there are.....we really should be getting both upgrades

# 69 TheWatcher @ 06/11/10 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Ok, this is what I wanted to say the last time you brought this up, How do they know it's not a big money maker? They don't track franchise play. They can't.
Because they told me so, and I'm not about to call them liars as they wouldn't even have a reason to lie in that situation. Offline features don't have to be connected to online to be tracked. That's what they use focus groups and demographic tendency data for, just like they have before the use of net data. Just going by the people you know and some websites that attract mostly hardcore players, is not even hardly a good enough measure to challenge it, but I guess this won't stop people from doing it even when they can see the circumstance unfolding right in front of their eyes, so I digress...

But anyway, I don't wanna get into this again though so I won't even speak on it in this thread any further, because it's a done deal now with nothing for people to make a case against. You now see a 6th straight year of what I said, and for a 6th straight year there are no major overhauls/upgrades. There really isn't anything to else to say, it's right in front of you now in print, straight from the developer.

# 70 kjcheezhead @ 06/11/10 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
The even MORE ridiculous part of this is, I've seen NUMEROUS people whine and cry that they should make this game every 2 years so that it has more features and everything is fixed...um...so they got their wishes, and yet there is still all the bitching. I am perfectly fine with this game....upgraded audio, commentary, graphics, controls, stats, injuries, presentation...all of the things that makes football...football has been fixed. I think this year's game is gonna rock.
I agree taking two years and fixing franchise is a good thing, but why should I buy Madden 11 if the fixes are in Madden 12? Just to show support to the co.?

I've only heard rough audio commentary, not how it is in game. Locomotion hasn't looked improved in the vids, I've only been told about a catch debugging tool and have yet to see it working. The blocking was demonstrated on rookie so what I've seen is useless for judging it in game. Gameflow and Gameplan are the only definite additions to Madden 11 and I have no interest in using them as I like the play calling part of football.

# 71 cowboykmoney @ 06/11/10 03:57 PM
They also worked with NCAA on fixing the imported draft classes so that alone with injuries and superbowl presention all we need is superbowl wins to go in players award history and it is recorded in each players stats when they win the big game.

# 72 Netherscourge @ 06/11/10 03:57 PM
Wait - Madden 12?

12???

Is that a typo?

Why the hell would they be pushing Madden 12 when Madden 11 isn't even out yet?

What kind of idiots they got running the show over there?

(Sorry - this is just insanity at it's worst)

# 73 splff3000 @ 06/11/10 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Because they told me so, and I'm not about to call them liars as they wouldn't even have a reason to lie in that situation. Offline features don't have to be connected to online to be tracked. That's what they use focus groups and demographic tendency data for, just like they have before the use of net data. Just going by the people you know and some websites that attract mostly hardcore players, is not even hardly a good enough measure to challenge it, but I guess this won't stop people from doing it even when they can see the circumstance unfolding right in front of their eyes, so I digress...

But anyway, I don't wanna get into this again though so I won't even speak on it in this thread any further, because it's a done deal now with nothing for people to make a case against. You now see a 6th straight year of what I said, and for a 6th straight year there are no major overhauls/upgrades. There really isn't anything to else to say, it's right in front of you now in print, straight from the developer.
I understand about not wanting to get into it and I will not go any further as well. I do have some burning comments for what you just posted, but I will keep them to myself lol. One day though, one day, a thread will come up that will be perfect for us to continue this "debate" in.

# 74 TDKing @ 06/11/10 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
After 5 years, really, none of this should come as a shock. If anything, online franchise in Madden 10 was more than likely a big reach for them, they looked at the data from that, and probably decided against doing any major moves there either, hence the message they've put out.
I knew this was going to happen. Online franchise didn't do well because it wasn't done right from the beginning!!!! They set it up to fail !!! How's online dynasty working for NCAA??? If they don't have a fully functional online franchise in 11 I doubt I'll get it and they won't sucker me this year with that SERVER SIDE PATCHING CRAPOLA!!! wow

# 75 chibears77 @ 06/11/10 04:03 PM
you know I just thought of something. if they are rebuilding a whole new code for franchise mode in m12. are they going give us everything we want from the previous OF or are they going to trickling in parts of OF and say since its a new code we couldnt add everything previous version OF?

# 76 Netherscourge @ 06/11/10 04:03 PM
Oh well - looks like I'm using updated rosters in ESPN NFL2K5 AGAIN.

BTW - why even bother making Madden 11? Why not just keep updating the Madden 10 rosters until Madden 12 comes out and stop ripping everyone off for $59.99 every year?

# 77 splff3000 @ 06/11/10 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
so sick of this "maybe next year" stuff. If gameplay is not drastically improved i wonder what EA has been doing since 10 released. damn this sucks
It's not "maybe next year" anymore. It's "maybe the year after next" now lol

Wait a minute, aren't they announcing some new online mode tonight on spike TV. So, let me get this straight, they have enough time and resources to create a new mode, but they don't have enough time to work on franchise? WTF?

# 78 djordan @ 06/11/10 04:06 PM
LOL ....DAMN!

# 79 jethrobag @ 06/11/10 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Yeah, but if there is a lockout next year, which is a very good possibility, that stuff still won't be in place, so all the stuff about waiting for the CBA is BS. If they were really were waiting for the CBA, they should've said that franchise will be update for 2013 because that is the year that everything will be finally settled as far as Madden goes.
Good point, although I think everyone is still optimistic about getting an agreement in place. I think the deadline is March 2011 which would still give the devs enough time to tweak salary caps, a rookie cap, etc.

# 80 Netherscourge @ 06/11/10 04:08 PM
Doesn't matter if there's a player lock-out in 2011.

EA has a contract with the NFL to make a Madden game every year, no matter how crappy it is.

It's not contingent on anything the NFLPA does with the CBA.

In fact, the NFL would push for the game to keep coming out to keep interest in the game alive minus an actual NFL season.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.