Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Phil Frazier has just posted another Madden NFL 11 blog. Here is a quote that should generate a TON of comments.

Quote:
"To re-write Franchise mode to take full advantage of the PS3 and Xbox 360 would take well over a year to do, which is why we’ve taken the approach we have up until now. With that in mind, we made the decision to focus this year’s development on making the core areas of Madden NFL better, namely the AI, animations, playcall, and online play. While that meant not making any major overhauls to Franchise or SuperStar, we were still able to make some notable improvements while we prepare for the future. Specifically, we improved franchise stats (especially season rushing yards and season sacks), in-game injuries, Super Bowl presentation, NCAA Draft Class tuning, and we even completely re-created over 8000 players in 32 draft classes. We also added the new Meadowlands Stadium as the 2014 Super Bowl site. However, the biggest addition to Franchise mode this year is Game Planning. This year you have the ability to create a new Game Plan for every game in Franchise if you choose to do so. If you’re playing the Colts or Saints, you can focus your defensive Game Plan around Manning or Brees. If you’re playing a team with a great secondary like the Eagles, you can focus your Game Plan more around running the ball. You can save off a separate Game Plan for every opponent you face and if they add new players after year one, you can go back and edit that Game Plan to account for those changes. This new feature allows you to be the coach that you always wanted to be."

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Atomic Martian @ 06/11/10 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule
Well...looks like I'll have to bust up a franchise mode wishlist now.

But I'm actually irritated that Salary Cap and CPU trade logic isn't added for online franchise. That's kinda unacceptable since it's been a full year they could do this.
look forward to it!!!

# 102 i c u cant stop me @ 06/11/10 04:43 PM
why not just port madden 05 over to the 360 with updated graphics and rosters......

# 103 i c u cant stop me @ 06/11/10 04:46 PM
This forum is gonnia so so much fun to read after 11 p.m tonight...
GETCHA POPCORN READY! EXTRA BUTTER!

# 104 boyce1602 @ 06/11/10 04:47 PM
Like my dad used to say, "I'm not mad, I'm disappointed." Offline Franchise is the ONLY reason I play Madden for more than a month and without any upgrades, I doubt I'll buy Day 1. Can hardly say I'm surprised though, with Josh Looman doing nothing but damn Ultimate Team inserts on Twitter...

# 105 splff3000 @ 06/11/10 04:49 PM
I guess now we'll find out how important franchise mode is. EA says that it isn't important, others think that it is important. I guess EA will find out how important it is when the sales for 11 or worse than 10. I'm predicting the biggest dropoff in sales than any other year on next gen. You can quote me on that.

# 106 PolkHigh33 @ 06/11/10 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
I guess now we'll find out how important franchise mode is. EA says that it isn't important, others think that it is important. I guess EA will find out how important it is when the sales for 11 or worse than 10. I'm predicting the biggest dropoff in sales than any other year on next gen. You can quote me on that.
I always thought Franchise has been the biggest thing in Madden when introduced, it why we all bought it ..

Now they are more or less kicking us in the balls telling us what we want, and what's important ..

# 107 jdr4693 @ 06/11/10 04:52 PM
why do they keep focusing on online??? I dont do online franchise our any other online stuff and yet that seems to be their focus every year.. When will the offline gamers get respect?? I want more depth in offline franchise I hate all this new online dynasty, franchise crap....

# 108 mvb34 @ 06/11/10 04:52 PM
I'm disappointed but I'll still be in line midnight 8/10 unless I get the game early. Hopefully they are true to their word in revamping franchise mode in 12 and beyond... Start with Head Coach 09 and go from there...

# 109 PolkHigh33 @ 06/11/10 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr4693
why do they keep focusing on online??? I dont do online franchise our any other online stuff and yet that seems to be their focus every year.. When will the offline gamers get respect?? I want more depth in offline franchise I hate all this new online dynasty, franchise crap....
Online gaming is slowly killing offline gaming ..

# 110 i c u cant stop me @ 06/11/10 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr4693
I know you not gonnia like this answer but this is where gaming is now and its not going to change...if they said there will be NO online modes at all in madden 11 it will not sell at all.

# 111 PolkHigh33 @ 06/11/10 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by i c u cant stop me
I know you not gonnia like this answer but this is where gaming is now and its not going to change...if they said there will be NO online modes at all in madden 11 it will not sell at all.
If they focused on Offline Franchise and redid it .. I bet it would sell tons ..

OFFline >>>>>>>>>> ONline

# 112 permanent1 @ 06/11/10 04:59 PM
Quote:
True except for online franchise EA stated that the majority of the people played offline franchise so they should have atleast worked on franchise a bit more.

# 113 Gosens6 @ 06/11/10 04:59 PM
This is why I have a certain resentment toward online and tournament players. I don't dislike them, but I do resent them because they're the reason this is all happening. More or less.

# 114 i c u cant stop me @ 06/11/10 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by o Mass Murda o
well i guess thats another area that madden gets beat by other EA games. madden just reaks of quality and craftmanship lol

no suprise tho
its kinda funny that BOTH of the flagship games for ea come from ea canada....maybe they need to make madden...

EDIT: I think fifa comes from eacanada iam not to sure though.

# 115 Rocky @ 06/11/10 05:01 PM

# 116 ThaShark28_316 @ 06/11/10 05:01 PM
This news isn't surprising...nor do I give a (bleep).

Still buying, still going to have fun with this game and that's all i got.

# 117 PolkHigh33 @ 06/11/10 05:02 PM
Quote:
its kinda funny that BOTH of the flagship games for ea come from ea canada....maybe they need to make madden...

EDIT: I think fifa comes from eacanada iam not to sure though.
I have been saying this since EA Canada has taken two games and made them the best games in their genre in the last 10 years ..

# 118 roadman @ 06/11/10 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkHigh33
If they focused on Offline Franchise and redid it .. I bet it would sell tons ..

OFFline >>>>>>>>>> ONline
Maybe it will sell tons next year then.

I feel bad about offline franchise people, but I just don't have the time anymore to get involved with that anymore.

Hopefully, for everyone, it's a short term pain for a long term gain.

# 119 i c u cant stop me @ 06/11/10 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkHigh33
I have been saying this since EA Canada has taken two games and made them the best games in their genre in the last 10 years ..
And i dont understand....how is it that both nhl 11 and nba elite 11 are both getting real time physics and madden isnt?? i mean wouldnt you think a football game would be the first sports title you would want real time physics in???

# 120 PolkHigh33 @ 06/11/10 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Maybe it will sell tons next year then.

I feel bad about offline franchise people, but I just don't have the time anymore to get involved with that anymore.

Hopefully, for everyone, it's a short term pain for a long term gain.
Oh I know some people just can't put the time and effort into it anymore .. but even if I could only play one game a week, it would be in a franchise ..

Offline Franchise should be one of the MAIN selling points ..

And for EA to say Franchise isn't a main selling point, is laughable .. that shows their incompetence ..

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.