Home
UFC Undisputed 2010 News Post

Tank has just posted another update on the much anticipated patch for UFC Undisputed 2010.

Quote:
"The patch itself is near complete and we are preparing to submit to first parties (MSFT and SONY) currently. As I have mentioned in previous updates, we are at the mercy of their processes and QA, until we submit to first-party, its near impossible to give an accurate release timeline. Thus the patch will not be coming out next week, as we are currently in deliberation with QA & 1st party on a few issues revolving around Super CAF’s, among a few other items. These are very delicate critical changes, and there are a lot of parties involved to help make happen. However, we are gunning for late this month to release, again that takes in to account all 1st party mandatory processes as expected. I will keep you posted on the timeline, but at the very least wanted to give you some context and a look forward.

A few specifics on the patch itself:
  • We have greatly improved the success rate of joining both Ranked and Player matches on PS3 and Xbox 360. We also fixed an issue which caused gameplay to slow down on servers which had good connection quality (indicated by the Blue meter in Search Results).
  • We are all-but-certain to reset the Ranked Leaderboards when the patch deploys in order to level the current online playing field, given it has been heavily skewed by Super CAF’s, disconnects, and other nefarious gameplay issues being fixed. PLEASE KNOW this - all of your accumulated ranked online play stats are still stored offline in your personal profile, i.e. so you can always have an overall historical track. Resetting the leaderboards will allow us to start fresh competitive tournaments, new & old stars to rise once again, and level the playing field
  • Any takedowns which did not require a struggle have been removed. Additionally, the Omoplata submission has been adjusted so that players do not escape to a standing position.
  • We have lowered the AI proficiency at executing and escaping submissions. In other words, the AI should start to feel a lot more fair, while remaining challenging.
  • Players who disconnect during Ranked matches are penalized with a Loss, DNF, and Ranked point loss as well. Not to mention, you stand no chance at gaining any credibility in the competitive landscape. Players who try to use disconnecting in the future for any purpose meant to “gain”, will never be recognized or achieve success on our leaderboard or tourneys. Take your loss like a man!

Game: UFC Undisputed 2010Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
UFC Undisputed 2010 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 RoyalBoyle78 @ 06/11/10 11:06 PM
Thank you very much, but what about the flash KO's, I care more about offline then online. is anything fixed for offline?

# 2 TheShizNo1 @ 06/11/10 11:11 PM
yea, this looks like its going on eBay. no mention of stamina, auto transition block, reversals, or flash ko's

# 3 mikenoob @ 06/12/10 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
yea, this looks like its going on eBay. no mention of stamina, auto transition block, reversals, or flash ko's

A few specifics on the patch itself

# 4 LingeringRegime @ 06/12/10 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
Thank you very much, but what about the flash KO's, I care more about offline then online. is anything fixed for offline?
I would like to know this as well. I don't play this game online.

# 5 Jukeman @ 06/12/10 12:24 AM
The fact that they are gonna "dumb" down the AI so subs can be easier tells me stamina is not going to be touched...But I could be wrong

# 6 delspf @ 06/12/10 12:27 AM
Offline issues please, mainly the borked career mode.

# 7 Hiro1 @ 06/12/10 01:18 PM
something that is really bothering me online. Is guys spamming transitions from the bottom mount. Although I am blocking and reversing the transitions only my stamina is taking a big hit. The moment they finally get me to half guard they lock in a easy sub.

# 8 eeyor @ 06/12/10 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1
something that is really bothering me online. Is guys spamming transitions from the bottom mount. Although I am blocking and reversing the transitions only my stamina is taking a big hit. The moment they finally get me to half guard they lock in a easy sub.
sorry to say this but thats your fault if you dont block a transition manually, you will take a big hit on your stamina, however if you do transition blocks, the loss is much lessened. Try to block 1-2 transitions and then go for the reversal. This way you will loose less stamina than the guy on the bottom.

# 9 Hiro1 @ 06/12/10 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyor
sorry to say this but thats your fault if you dont block a transition manually, you will take a big hit on your stamina, however if you do transition blocks, the loss is much lessened. Try to block 1-2 transitions and then go for the reversal. This way you will loose less stamina than the guy on the bottom.
"Although I am blocking" How can you justify taking all the energy from the top guy when the guy on bottom is spamming transitions. If any thing It should drain his energy more like it did last year. This year people spam so much without penalty that even after I have blocked and reversed from mount up I dont have enough energy to throw any effective punches.

# 10 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/12/10 02:32 PM
Something is better then nothing I guess. However if it don't make it in the 1st patch, then patch number 2 should take care of the stamina, flash ko's, reversals, transition blocking, and career mode stat decay bs.

Also the fighting the same 5 people BS in career mode. In my middleweight career, year 4, Demain Maia is the champ and hard as hell to beat. As soon as he gets it to the ground, which he always manage to do eventually, it is an automatic sub and tap out. I fought him twice for the title and lost both times to subs.

But it is like the only fighters I fight now is Sonnen, Bisping, Okami, Belcher and Quarry. Amazingly Anderson Silva, Belfort, and Wandy fell off hard. They not even in the top 10 anymore already.

# 11 eeyor @ 06/12/10 02:35 PM
everytime you miss a reversal attempt, your stamina takes a big hit, everytime you do not manually block the transition you get a big hit. If you transition block, the his is almost equal to the bottom guys stamina loss

# 12 Jukeman @ 06/12/10 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1
"Although I am blocking" How can you justify taking all the energy from the top guy when the guy on bottom is spamming transitions. If any thing It should drain his energy more like it did last year. This year people spam so much without penalty that even after I have blocked and reversed from mount up I dont have enough energy to throw any effective punches.
agree, every movement should deplete stamina just like FNR4(post patch I should mention)

Of course some movements shall deplete more than others (Haymaker vs Jab, Running vs Walking) again just like FNR4

# 13 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/12/10 02:48 PM
Ok lets just come out and say it, they need to steal Fight Night Round 4 stamina depletion system post patch While they at it, steal their sway system, visible damage system too

# 14 eeyor @ 06/12/10 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Ok lets just come out and say it, they need to steal Fight Night Round 4 stamina depletion system post patch While they at it, steal their sway system, visible damage system too
So you say they should develop EA MMA

# 15 Sandman42 @ 06/12/10 04:10 PM
I'll wait to see what happens when its shipped. If KOs and transitions aren't fixed then I'm done with this game.

# 16 delspf @ 06/12/10 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman42
I'll wait to see what happens when its shipped. If KOs and transitions aren't fixed then I'm done with this game.
They couldn't get the game correct off the bat. I am not putting high hopes on a patch suddenly having this thing shoot rainbows of mma-goodness out its ***

# 17 LingeringRegime @ 06/12/10 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by delspf
They couldn't get the game correct off the bat. I am not putting high hopes on a patch suddenly having this thing shoot rainbows of mma-goodness out its ***
That a pretty colorful analogy.

# 18 BigDofBA @ 06/12/10 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgrauf04
Man I swear, there are some problems with this game.....BUT its not like the problems are to the point where I would EVER go and put this game on EBay or sell it anywhere at that. IMO this game is much more fun that Undisputed 2009, I just think some people need to be more realistic with their opinions on the game, I mean come on its a VIDEO GAME, it's not going to be perfect with the exact science of reality MMA fights in terms of stamina, submissions, KO's, ect. Take the game for what its worth, I would pay 60$ for the game any day. With the updates he posted all I really care about is the takedowns, the only problem with this game I had was with the unstoppable takedowns from Lesnar, Machida, GSP, ect. All the other things I feel people are just complaining about...like i said nothing is perfect on a VIDEO GAME, nor will it ever be exactly like it is in real life in the octagon. Just be happy Video Games have come this far, I mean just 8 years ago we were playing UFC Tapout lol...Just being were we are today and the product we have now compared to that thing, I have to applaud the developers who made this game because it does bring hours and hours of fun. It sucks when you lose but you just have to take it like a man and try to get better and learn from the mistakes you make. I just hate seeing or reading people who say "oh this game sucks! or looks like its going to be on Ebay", I mean come on dont complain about it, just go sell the damn thing if you dont like it.....I give this game a solid 9/10 anyday!
I agree.

There are some issues with this game but I'm still having fun with it.

I'm glad there are other people that will fight for the cause to get these issues fixed. It wouldn't take a lot to fix the major issues.

I hope the patch the KO's.

# 19 Jukeman @ 06/12/10 07:11 PM
Quote:
Man I swear, there are some problems with this game.....BUT its not like the problems are to the point where I would EVER go and put this game on EBay or sell it anywhere at that. IMO this game is much more fun that Undisputed 2009, I just think some people need to be more realistic with their opinions on the game, I mean come on its a VIDEO GAME, it's not going to be perfect with the exact science of reality MMA fights in terms of stamina, submissions, KO's, ect. Take the game for what its worth, I would pay 60$ for the game any day. With the updates he posted all I really care about is the takedowns, the only problem with this game I had was with the unstoppable takedowns from Lesnar, Machida, GSP, ect. All the other things I feel people are just complaining about...like i said nothing is perfect on a VIDEO GAME, nor will it ever be exactly like it is in real life in the octagon. Just be happy Video Games have come this far, I mean just 8 years ago we were playing UFC Tapout lol...Just being were we are today and the product we have now compared to that thing, I have to applaud the developers who made this game because it does bring hours and hours of fun. It sucks when you lose but you just have to take it like a man and try to get better and learn from the mistakes you make. I just hate seeing or reading people who say "oh this game sucks! or looks like its going to be on Ebay", I mean come on dont complain about it, just go sell the damn thing if you dont like it.....I give this game a solid 9/10 anyday!
"As Real As It Gets"

Nuff said...

# 20 nyj721 @ 06/12/10 08:05 PM
Quote:
GSP and Lesnar are supposed to have unstoppable takedowns. Have you ever seen anyone stop them in real life?

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.