Home
MLB 10 News Post

V.3 is finished and is currently up on SportsConnect under the name of "strut24v3done". Please remember to vote thumbs up to the file when you download, so any impostor files aren't mistaken.

This version has everything in v.2 PLUS RAZR's pitch and stamina edits and strut24's stance/delivery updates. ALL stances/motions are done as of June 11. Anyone called up after that, has not been added yet but will be added to my IN SEASON thread. So guys like Joe Martinez, Enrique Gonzalez, Daniel Nava, Justin Ruggiano etc have NOT been done yet. Here is the link to the In Season thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-rosters.html

Here is a Word document of all the changes that strut did to the rosters: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ml24bf

What is going on with the file now, you ask? JaSnake is working on v4, which will include updates to the stock SCEA players to update current real life performance. There is no ETA at this time for that file.

Here is HustlinOwl's Franchise File, which is for users that want a 30 team user controlled franchise file: http://www.mediafire.com/?okncwnj2wnm

Here are RAZR's slider suggestions for these rosters. These sliders may help users who are having issues with USER VS CPU IN GAME stamina.

Quote:
For those who don't mind changing sliders use these for what I believe to be the fullest experience of the stamina edits

USER
Pitch control 1
Consistency 7

CPU
Control 5
Consistency 3
Strike Frequency 0
Manager Hook 4

and
Starter Stamina 5
Reliever Stamina 0 for both user and cpu

For those that prefer to stick as close as possible to default use these suggestions that SoxFan posted

Starter Stamina (User): 6
Reliever Stamina (User): 3

Starter Stamina (CPU): 7
Reliever Stamina (CPU): 5 (default)
Manager Hook (CPU): 3

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Scrapps @ 06/13/10 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
Going to check these out. Thanks for the hard work.

Since pitching is tougher, would you guys recommened below-average hitters (swing-only guys like me) drop a difficulty level or increase some sliders to compensate for the fact that there's more movement in pitches?
Nope. I'm a swing only guy also, and have had no real issues with the pitch edits. You just have to get an idea of the movement on the fastball, and adjust your plate discipline from there. I've made no alterations in regards to skill level or sliders.

# 42 EeKuM @ 06/13/10 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim420
I was wondering how ppl were dealing with drafting. I have mine set at 30team control w/ just 1 profile set. Kinda want the computer do their part automatically, while i get to manually choose mine, but it keeps either making me skip or sim the entire draft. Is there a way around this? Thanks.

Was wondering the same. Guessing there isn't a real way around it.

# 43 RogueHominid @ 06/13/10 02:34 PM
Two quick questions:

I haven't had the chance to DL the file yet and check it out.

Is Owl's franchise file set with the 40 man, 25 man, and lineups and rotations like Corey's franchise file?

And is it the consensus that Strut's stamina edits produce better season stats than the V2 file?

# 44 DJ @ 06/13/10 02:54 PM
Just finished my first game with the rosters, lost 4-3 with the Nats to the White Sox. I went 7 innings with Strausburg and Peavy went 7 (taken out after a leadoff single in the 8th); both guys threw 100 pitches.

Game was a lot of fun. Down 4-2 in the 9th, Dunn homers to cut it to 1 and then Pudge nearly wins with a walkoff, but the ball dies on the warning track for the final out.

# 45 erictred @ 06/13/10 03:18 PM
I posted this morning but it seems nobody wanted to answer the question so I'll try again...

"Here are RAZR's slider suggestions for these rosters. These sliders may help users who are having issues with USER VS CPU IN GAME stamina."

I just wanted to verify that the sliders that RAZR has suggested should only be used individually for manual games, but not for the games that are simulated.

# 46 hope4bob @ 06/13/10 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strut24
yes i added my stance/motions and RAZR added his pitch edits to that version and its now V3. there are both roster and franchise files available and V4 will have JaSnakes SCEA player edits
Great! I love the pitch edits and I dl'ed Strut24.v3.done from the vault last
night but havent'had a chance to install and use them for more than a quick
exhibition game between the Richmond Flying Squirrels & the Aery Senators.

I won with the squirrels 3-2 with a game winning double in the ninth. Very
fun game and it seems to get better every day.

bob

ps. I'm a pretty free swinger as well but the new edits have made me slow
down a bit and try to work the count and as they say "stay back" & look
for a particular pitch in a particular location. Sounds easy enough until
you're waiting for a FB and the change spins you around like a corkscrew!

# 47 ThirdDegree5803 @ 06/13/10 04:35 PM
Ja sent me an update last night guys...he is done w/ the Braves and Marlins I believe...we are going along nicely...like he said we are in communication while inputting these about questionable players and I will just be his second set of eyes like he has said...hopefully Bahnzo can come in on this project as well...if anybody has any input on players that might need some serious adjustment holler on this thread! glad to finally have some time to help with os full minors!! :-)

# 48 chicagocubs10 @ 06/13/10 04:56 PM
I pm'ed JA about doing some teams for you guys, I am good at doing ratings, if you just let me know how your re-rating scale is I can help.

# 49 Jason_19 @ 06/13/10 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos447
Just to let everyone know that SCEA apparently took the actual rosters off SportsConnect. No idea why, but Strasburg/Ike Davis/Buster Posey are NOT called up. Seems like a dummy file.

No one download the dummy file and don't give it a thumbs up. I guess SCEA deleted the wrong copy? Ugh.
I don't know why SCEA would do that.

This is an opening day roster file. I hope that you didn't assume that it's a "dummy file" just based on a few players not being on their organization's MLB roster because those players are not supposed to be on the MLB rosters on this file. All of the community sets, as far as I know, have always been opening day roster files.

# 50 gubunko @ 06/13/10 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_19

This is an opening day roster file. I hope that you didn't assume that it's a "dummy file" just based on a few players not being on their organization's MLB roster because those players are not supposed to be on the MLB rosters on this file. All of the community sets, as far as I know, have always been opening day roster files.
Correct Jason, these rosters are OPENING DAY for the 25-man MLB rosters. As posted in the first post, there is a forum thread for those who want an up-to-date roster, and there's also the franchise file that is updated daily.

# 51 Clarityman @ 06/13/10 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushidonole
I can help as well, if needed.

I have started doing re-rates on my own just because I enjoy it - don't ask why, because even I don't know why.

Here's basically what I do, and I believe it's similar to what you guys are doing. I go to espn.com and look at each individual player. Let's use A-Rod as an example. I don't know his SCEA rating off the top of my head, but I believe he's 95 in contact against LHP and RHP, and a pretty ridiculous HR rating for both sides as well.

I go to his player profile, click stats, then splits. That lets me see his stats against both LHP and RHP this season, as well as over the past 3 years. So A-Rod is currently hitting .281 against LHP this season, and .270 from 2007-2009. That doesn't warrant a 95 in contact against LHP, so I decrease that, along with power since the majority of his HR's come against RHP. I believe I knocked down A-Rod's contact/power down against LHP at least 10 points. I'm not home to know the exact total.

That's just an example for hitting.
I think JaSnake already has a spreadsheet with most of the MLB players reratings calculated. He's talked about how they've done a true 3 year average, not weighted on last year the way SCEA's roster is.

I'm pretty sure Bahzno's roster tool was used for the process. So it seems like they he has a pretty consistent formula he's following, which should be really awesome.

I don't know for sure, but I'd guess that the only help he'd need is actually imputting the information that has been calculated, and testing sim results (but apparently that's already covered).

# 52 Clarityman @ 06/13/10 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
Just finished my first game with the rosters, lost 4-3 with the Nats to the White Sox. I went 7 innings with Strausburg and Peavy went 7 (taken out after a leadoff single in the 8th); both guys threw 100 pitches.

Game was a lot of fun. Down 4-2 in the 9th, Dunn homers to cut it to 1 and then Pudge nearly wins with a walkoff, but the ball dies on the warning track for the final out.
I just had a fun game using Strasburg also. I played as the Nats vs. the Yankees. Javier Vasquez no hit me through 6!

They had a one to nothing lead. Stras was great allowing only one run through six but the Yankees were a tough challenge, driving the pitch count up and forcing four walks.

Finally I took the lead in the sixth with homers from Kennedy and Dunn. I added on two more in the frame and held on for a 4-1 win. I forced Matt Capps to work two innings for the save, and he managed despite the stamina edits.

I also tried taking on Strasburg with the Indians... bad idea. He dazzled me. I finally got to him for a 3-run homer with Cabrera in the eighth, but they still won 9-4. God his breaking stuff is filthy, especially when you're contending with his 101 mph fastball.

# 53 gkasper @ 06/13/10 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdDegree5803
Ja sent me an update last night guys...he is done w/ the Braves and Marlins I believe...we are going along nicely...like he said we are in communication while inputting these about questionable players and I will just be his second set of eyes like he has said...hopefully Bahnzo can come in on this project as well...if anybody has any input on players that might need some serious adjustment holler on this thread! glad to finally have some time to help with os full minors!! :-)
Liriano is pitching like our Ace... in the game he is cast as the 5th starter... his 3 year average would be terrible. That is a player that could use some adjustment-- but I am sure you guys are aware.

# 54 strut24 @ 06/13/10 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdDegree5803
a bit of a homer pick, but Alex Rios has been killing the ball the whole season. Someone calculated that he has also been the most "unlucky" hitter on the season with hard outs etc. and yet he's still hitting .321 with 13 and 31 and 19 STEALS. Dude needs a boost and hes also a Gold Glove caliber OFer

# 55 RAZRr1275 @ 06/13/10 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erictred
I posted this morning but it seems nobody wanted to answer the question so I'll try again...

"Here are RAZR's slider suggestions for these rosters. These sliders may help users who are having issues with USER VS CPU IN GAME stamina."

I just wanted to verify that the sliders that RAZR has suggested should only be used individually for manual games, but not for the games that are simulated.
You can use them for cpu vs cpu or simmed games also

# 56 DJ @ 06/13/10 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_19

Yeah, I know going in with these rosters that guys like Strausburg, Ike Davis etc. will likely be in the minors b/c that's where they were on Opening Day. You can either edit the rosters yourself, or use one of the Franchise files that has most of those guys called up to The Show.

# 57 slyfox @ 06/13/10 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim420
I was wondering how ppl were dealing with drafting. I have mine set at 30team control w/ just 1 profile set. Kinda want the computer do their part automatically, while i get to manually choose mine, but it keeps either making me skip or sim the entire draft. Is there a way around this? Thanks.
I've read where you can press a button (square maybe?) and it'll suggest a player for the team drafting. You can use this as a way to pick for the CPU teams.

# 58 DJ @ 06/13/10 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarityman
I just had a fun game using Strasburg also. I played as the Nats vs. the Yankees. Javier Vasquez no hit me through 6!

They had a one to nothing lead. Stras was great allowing only one run through six but the Yankees were a tough challenge, driving the pitch count up and forcing four walks.

Finally I took the lead in the sixth with homers from Kennedy and Dunn. I added on two more in the frame and held on for a 4-1 win. I forced Matt Capps to work two innings for the save, and he managed despite the stamina edits.

I also tried taking on Strasburg with the Indians... bad idea. He dazzled me. I finally got to him for a 3-run homer with Cabrera in the eighth, but they still won 9-4. God his breaking stuff is filthy, especially when you're contending with his 101 mph fastball.
I bet it's tough picking up on his "breaking stuff" with the cheese he throws.

I struck out 6 with him, but did give up a 2-run HR to Paul Konerko and allowed, I think, 8 hits and walked 2. It was a lot of fun using him. I may run a Nats franchise and just play the games he pitches in.

# 59 Clarityman @ 06/13/10 08:35 PM
So I'm planning on editing stamina and boosting for my own personal use, because I love the pitch edits but even with slider tweaks I'm having problems with stamina, and I care more about actual gameplay than simmed results.

I'd like to use Bahnzo's roster editor, but I cannot get it to work, even after spending several hours trying to get it running.

Just to see if anyone is interested, is there anyone out there willing to create a spreadsheet with Bahnzo's stamina ratings for pitchers?

I would then edit the stamina on V.4 once it's released for my personal use, and of course I'd be willing to share it (I'd only post it publicly if there was interest/if RAZR, Knight, and Co. said it was okay).

# 60 cubspac @ 06/13/10 08:51 PM
Great rosters like always. Thanks to everyone

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.