Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

The NCAA Football 11 demo is available now. Please post your impressions here.

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Bootzilla @ 06/14/10 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Lost my first game to Miami 14-7..
I was able to finally tie up the game as Pryor threw a TD pass late in the game,but on the ensuing k.o.,Miami returned it for a TD.

Miami's defense was impossible to run against (All-American) and they also gave me fits in the passing game (real nice to see).

My 2 main concerns as of now,again the cpu defense could get pressure all game,while no matter what I tried,I couldn't generate any kind of pass rush,and I had a total of 5 fumbles...and no it wasn't raining,while Miami had 2.

Hopefully the sliders work this year day one,as 7 fumbles were a little ridiculous,but hopefully that doesn't become an issue,and it was only a 1 time fluke.
Overall...the game looks and runs damn fine,I'm really impressed with what the NCAA devs have done this year.
Wow. So far I've played that same match up twice and have yet to fumble or find it difficult to run or generate a pass rush. It's obvious different play styles garner different results.

# 102 MrSkagTrendy @ 06/14/10 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN - BRAVES FAN
Can someone take a screenshot of what the playcall screen looks like, or link me to a screenshot of it?

real problem is that each time you scroll it goes to the next play, not the next set of 3.

# 103 Michgantown @ 06/14/10 07:38 AM
mizzo tear me up with the no huddle in the 5wr set

# 104 SteelerSpartan @ 06/14/10 07:39 AM
menus/playcall screen are a little laggy....hope they iron that out before release

Field Degradation isn't real time-I think it gets more torn up every switch of the qrt

# 105 jp7588 @ 06/14/10 07:39 AM
Ryan Broyles has 83 speed and 97 acceleration. That's weird.

# 106 moylan1234 @ 06/14/10 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xs0ng
Well if a guy, especially a QB, dives forward with the ball in his hand, and that arm sticking out in front, he is going to lose it.

Imagine trying to slam a football while on your stomach, and tell me if you don't think it will come out. Okay maybe not slam, but still, the ball is clearly exposed and it isn't round.

Also it's not like EA said oh hey they always fumble it in real life, so lets make them fumble it every time.

Use your head, QB's usually don't have great ball carrying ratings.....
stop defending them it's a glitch and you know it shouldn't happen with the regularity that it does in the game. trust me I don't do it on purpose, but it still shouldn't happen as much as it does

# 107 noffke03 @ 06/14/10 07:40 AM
Well at least we know what some of the teams are ranked. The playbooks are nice with some new plays in there. Out of the Ace formation I like the bubble screen (OSU playbook). The presentation 10x better than last season. I could not believe that there were actually refs on the field. The camera angles are nice, one can actually see the flats. They changed the camera angle of the onside kick which I like even more, I was actually able to recover it. I think this game has a lot of potential.....

# 108 TN - BRAVES FAN @ 06/14/10 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkagTrendy
real problem is that each time you scroll it goes to the next play, not the next set of 3.
Thanks for posting it for me.

# 109 ChicagoChris @ 06/14/10 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nextgengamer
Please, upload gameplay to youtube.
Hey man...we heard you the first time. Give people time to get up this morning and I am sure you'll get some stuff on youtube. No need to spam the thread.

# 110 MrSkagTrendy @ 06/14/10 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nextgengamer
Please, upload gameplay to youtube.
I'd stop that before you get banned.

# 111 Kramer5150 @ 06/14/10 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
Wow. So far I've played that same match up twice and have yet to fumble or find it difficult to run or generate a pass rush. It's obvious different play styles garner different results.
is that a polite way to say I suck?j/k
But seriously...I couldn't do a damn thing against them,the only way I was able to generate any offense,was to use screens and quick crossing route's,as it seemed this was the only way I could take advantage of their aggressive defense.
As far as the fumbles go....I couldn't believe it,on the opening k.o,I fumble the ball...lol and this was using the "cover ball" option (RB)

BUT...like I was saying,hopefully this was just a fluke game,and it doesn't turn into anything more.

# 112 splff3000 @ 06/14/10 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michgantown
mizzo tear me up with the no huddle in the 5wr set
same here. That no huddle is serious lol. It took a great kick return to pull the win out against them on heisman. btw, THIS IS NOT THE SAME GAME AS LAST YEAR!!! It took me the whole first half (1 qtr during a regular game) to get used to this........kinda. It doesn't help that I was playing on 360 and I usually play on PS3. This demo is great so far.

# 113 SteelerSpartan @ 06/14/10 07:45 AM
Im getting shredded by OU, playing my "monster back roaming" style with the safety I employed so well in previous NG NCAA/Madden

You'll have to really pick the right situation to bring him into the box

# 114 mrdeth @ 06/14/10 07:46 AM
Has anyone tried this yet? Look in the gameplan menu.

# 115 Michgantown @ 06/14/10 07:47 AM
my demo froze the sound went out first then it just froze at the end of the play

# 116 moylan1234 @ 06/14/10 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdeth
Has anyone tried this yet? Look in the gameplan menu.
don't keep me in suspense I've turned it off for the night. what happens?

# 117 Bootzilla @ 06/14/10 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xs0ng
BUUUUUUURNED.

Anyway, can you get pressure with just the front 4? Or are you blitzing to get it?
Front 4. DT got a sack and I was in cover 2. LE got a sack (user controlled). Also, when I was ahead and the cpu had to throw I played pass coverage and the QB would hang on to the ball longer and I got tons of pressure. Forced 4 incompletions in a row.

# 118 BraveHeart @ 06/14/10 07:49 AM
Using Marcus Forston I came across a animation I haven't seen before where Forston shed a double team to sack pryor. It was refreshing to see him rip through two O-lineman at the same time opposed to 1 after the other.

# 119 Michgantown @ 06/14/10 07:50 AM
it froze again just the demo to not my xbox

# 120 Bootzilla @ 06/14/10 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
is that a polite way to say I suck?j/k
But seriously...I couldn't do a damn thing against them,the only way I was able to generate any offense,was to use screens and quick crossing route's,as it seemed this was the only way I could take advantage of their aggressive defense.
As far as the fumbles go....I couldn't believe it,on the opening k.o,I fumble the ball...lol and this was using the "cover ball" option (RB)

BUT...like I was saying,hopefully this was just a fluke game,and it doesn't turn into anything more.
Ha ha. No. I'm not that great. I turned the sprint button off and just followed blocks. Broke a 40 yd TD on an off tackle play. Followed blocks broke one tackle.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.