Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

For those of you that have problems watching videos on OS, check out our Youtube channel.

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 CreatineKasey @ 06/14/10 10:11 PM
Cool!

# 22 JRthaTruth @ 06/14/10 10:17 PM
Wow!!!!!!

# 23 j_ames321 @ 06/14/10 10:35 PM
anyone have an alternate link that isn't from facebook?

# 24 djordan @ 06/14/10 10:38 PM
See this is what ticks me off about Tiburon as a whole!!!!

WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU GO THROUGH ALL OF THAT, SAINTS EVERYTHING, SAINTS PRE-GAME CHANT.....IN FREAKIN TAMPA BAY'S STADIUM?????????????????

Come on. Its stuff like that that makes me shake my head. I would have been hype if this was in the saints stadium but like typical EA they ruin the realism factor...

# 25 ODogg @ 06/14/10 11:01 PM
That was awesome!! I'm pumped!

# 26 ImxNikx @ 06/14/10 11:04 PM
First-Person Mode

# 27 RedZoneD25 @ 06/14/10 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
What was that mode in the 2K games where you played in the first-person? That's what the trailer reminded me of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImxNikx
First-Person Mode

# 28 BlueNGold @ 06/14/10 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastsofboston
Already been posted and no thats not superstar mode. Why would you think that.
Because it's in first person.....

# 29 RedZoneD25 @ 06/14/10 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Because it's in first person.....
I hope it is...but I doubt it. First person football would be cool. However, I think it's just a hype ad. "It's in the game." becomes "It puts you in the game"..

# 30 Exonerated @ 06/14/10 11:31 PM
Is this CGI though?

Because I don't think it is.

# 31 davep @ 06/14/10 11:37 PM
Meh...no hype train ticket here. Nor on NCAA...wait until the 30 pages of Bugs 3 weeks after the game is out.

# 32 RedZoneD25 @ 06/15/10 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by judasfavres
IMO this was worthless. No gameplay footage. A lot of people are addicted to half time shows and post game shows but theyre the real reason Madden has been failing recently. Madden should really just work on their gameplay issues and spend more money fixing those crucial issues rather than the extras as of right now. Its like a present. The only thing that matters is whats inside like the gameplay and the less important things are like the wrappings.
Exactly. Your opinion. I believe presentation is huge, and Franchise is the reason I buy Madden. I'm pretty steamed I don't get to enjoy Madden 11.

# 33 Exonerated @ 06/15/10 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by judasfavres
IMO this was worthless. No gameplay footage. A lot of people are addicted to half time shows and post game shows but theyre the real reason Madden has been failing recently. Madden should really just work on their gameplay issues and spend more money fixing those crucial issues rather than the extras as of right now. Its like a present. The only thing that matters is whats inside like the gameplay and the less important things are like the wrappings.

Madden has yet to fix their run blocking. Sure they hit us with a few videos but they were clearly on the rookie ratings. No one could tackle or pursue the ball carrier. The pass blocking is just terrible. They got ahead of them trying to make a pocket and then left the game wide open for nano blitzing. Even the CPU is able to do it because some of the blitz packages are already nano plays. The game is still running on fake animations. Theres no possible way a player can swat the ball and in mid air turn and tackle the receiver. Theres no possible way a player can be running horizontally across the field and then hitstick on a dime to a player running vertically. Not only are the animations fake but sometimes theyre just dumb. What happens when the two players engage in an animation and a third player or fourth player comes in. Sorry the animation is already wrote and the players are out of the loop.

Then they add OTP which IMO is going to be a terrible game mode. It sounds like a great idea but no team play is going to be fun outside of basketball. You can tell me I'm right after you try it but its a bad idea.

Honestly EA should buy out Backbreakers dev team and combine staffs. If Backbreakers had the controls, camera angles, money that EA has they easily made the greatest football game ever. Now that they created great gameplay they can spend time fixing up the game modes and spending almost an entire year developing the game modes like franchise and superstar because the gameplay is all there. Now they can add the presentation like half time shows and post game shows.

My question is if they didnt improve the game modes this year and it appears gameplay isnt any better from the videos and pictures I've seen what exactly did they work on?
Well this entire year was spent on gameplay; thus no franchise/superstart changes.

GAMEPLAY GAMEPLAY GAMEPLAY is what this year is all about. Apparently.

# 34 pepp32 @ 06/15/10 01:46 AM
You guys need to chill. If if the locomotion and run blocking in Madden 11 plays as well as it does in the NCAA 11 Demo, this game is going to be epic. Also a little food for thought....that intro with the bus ride and the locker room shot is part of the presentation package this year. You guys should be excited.....we been asking for this type of immursion for years.

# 35 Exonerated @ 06/15/10 01:48 AM
Just played the NCAA demo. Locomotion is good. Love the user-catching in that game. Hope Madden has similar user catching.

And the intro is actually in Madden.

# 36 Landlordos7 @ 06/15/10 02:30 AM
Am I seriously the only one who realized that this trailer is actual in-game footage of cutscenes, pre-games, huddles, etc. just from a customized camera view that is meant to add theatricality? I think other people get that but I'm not sure, but if you don't, this is not something pre-rendered, it's real, it's just still entirely different than you will see when you actually play the game.

# 37 RedZoneD25 @ 06/15/10 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landlordos7
Am I seriously the only one who realized that this trailer is actual in-game footage of cutscenes, pre-games, huddles, etc. just from a customized camera view that is meant to add theatricality? I think other people get that but I'm not sure, but if you don't, this is not something pre-rendered, it's real, it's just still entirely different than you will see when you actually play the game.

How nice of EA to create a customizable camera for hype train sales, but not for the people who end up buying the game. Not ragging on them, but I do think all the extra work into basically lying to your customers could be spent making the real game look like that trailer. If I get an infraction, that's fine. I'm still going to buy M11 (I need my updated rosters, I'm a junkie) and I LOVE how the NCAA demo plays so if Madden 11's gameplay can feel as live and raw as NCAA I'm all smiles....except for the lack of 'chise updates.

# 38 RedZoneD25 @ 06/15/10 03:19 AM
Daaaaanngg. I miss that Madden 0-Seven (the number key is broken on my laptop) intro.

# 39 patsfan188 @ 06/15/10 08:32 AM
you think I made it will be in the game?

# 40 Netherscourge @ 06/15/10 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soxnut1018
For those of you that have problems watching videos on OS, check out our Youtube channel.

Am I crazy? Or does this look like some sort of Backbreaker-camera rip-off?

BTW - Cut-scenes are nice - the first time you see them. After you see them every single game, several times a game, they get boring and people skip over them. If these scenes are in-fact from the game, how many people are really going to watch the same lockroom cut-scene every time they play a game? Once or twice before they skip over it?

It's the on-the-field gameplay that needs to be fixed. The game engine itself. That's what we want to see fixed.

The fact that it's NOT changed and they didn't show any of it in their trailer tells me all I need to know about Madden 10.5, oops, I mean Madden 11.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.