Home
EA Sports MMA News Post

Game: EA Sports MMAReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
EA Sports MMA Videos
Member Comments
# 1 delspf @ 06/15/10 08:17 PM
You would think they would have a person who has a clue about MMA doing the interview. Good vid though. Gameplay looks alot more fluid then 2010

# 2 Parasight @ 06/15/10 08:31 PM

Those baby leg kicks were TERRIBLE. KO animation looked nice though.

# 3 allBthere @ 06/15/10 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by delspf
You would think they would have a person who has a clue about MMA doing the interview. Good vid though. Gameplay looks alot more fluid then 2010
some of it does. The ground game does, it looks like it makes a lot more sense in the transitions and the fact that you can BLOCK SUB attempts!
Standing it really doesn't look very good. It's technically 'smooth' and 'fluid'...but sometimes in a bad way. The punches for example (for the most part) do not accellerate towards the target, in fact the straight looks to be at it's slowest as it's approaching the target (bad). Leg kicks also looked like they were actually missing the target and not hitting anything. So quite a bit of the striking looks to have the same faults as fnr4 in the impact and illusion of power department.

Just from that video it looks as if I'd like a mix between EA's ground game, a mix of '09 and '10's striking and takedowns and 10's cage interaction.

# 4 TreyIM2 @ 06/15/10 08:44 PM
Ground game looked REALLY smooth and fluid. Standing, wise, wasn't too sure about some of those kicks and punches but looks way better than the first footage that was shown. Still mucho time left til release and this footage is very encouraging.

# 5 delspf @ 06/15/10 09:34 PM
This game came a long way from the first set of vids.
Already I think it is going to wipe the floor with THQs UFC 10.

Can't wait for more info on career modes

# 6 nyj721 @ 06/15/10 10:11 PM
Ground game and submissions of EA MMA + Striking of UFC Undisputed 09 + Clinch of UFC Undisputed 10=Greatness

# 7 geezmeister @ 06/15/10 10:12 PM
I think this game has potential. I hate how rocking someone is the same every time in2010. This game looks like its more fluid, but the standing game is slow. Ground game looks great and this is obviously not a finished version. I think this game will be a contender.

# 8 jb12780 @ 06/15/10 10:16 PM
The way they move around the cage looks like crap. As said, they glide too much.

And yes, the EA guy sqeaking was great humor.

# 9 Sandman42 @ 06/15/10 11:59 PM
Movement speed looks really fast when they walk around the cage. Also not sure if it was just the 2 takedowns shown, but there really didn't seem to be a struggle during them. Jacare just easily took Miller down twice.

# 10 eeyor @ 06/16/10 03:57 AM
Jacare has the machida takedown...if he also has the omoplata, that could be a problem

# 11 allBthere @ 06/16/10 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyj721
Ground game and submissions of EA MMA + Striking of UFC Undisputed 09 + Clinch of UFC Undisputed 10=Greatness
+ UFC cage work = win.

and yeah, about the clinch EA's initiation of the clinch looks good, but I haven't seen a MT knee yet or dirty boxing. So the clinch game in EA = vote's not in yet.

# 12 jb12780 @ 06/16/10 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feedthehorse28
See, I'm just tired of the 2-3 second struggle for a takedown EVERY time i shoot unless I wait to counter a strike. If I'm Koscheck and I'm shooting for a takedown on Lytle that dude is going down like a sack of potatoes, there shouldn't be much of a struggle. I like the idea better, but I really want to play it to feel how it's implemented.
They need to have takedown success based soley on stats. Pop in 2010, and try to takedown Hardy with GSP. Hardy the majority of the time will sprawl.

# 13 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/16/10 06:17 PM
Ground game looks good. Takedowns, I haven't seen enough of them to judge yet. Because to me I like takedowns based on take down rating. In UFC 2010, EVERYBODY can sprawl and stop everybody from taking them down. Don't matter if using Brock vs Marcus Jones, the cpu Jones will sprawl and stop you.

Which shouldn't be the case. If I am using a dominant wrestler, then I should be able to get takedowns with ease.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.