Home
Gran Turismo 5 News Post

Gamersyde has posted a Gran Turismo 5 video featuring the HQ Rally. More to come from them later today.

Quote:
"As promised, here come the very high quality Gran Turismo 5 videos. The first one shows some Rally at dusk, at 60 fps of course. As usual for E3 we are having a lot of technical issues, so there are some nasty macroblocks on the video, but it still looks great."

Game: Gran Turismo 5Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 16 - View All
Gran Turismo 5 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Kruza @ 06/16/10 11:38 AM
The footage of rallying at night looks great. I like the look of the in-car view as well. Need to hear some audio before I can comment more on this video though.

Kruza

# 2 Blzer @ 06/16/10 12:32 PM
It looks beautiful, but anyone else think the transition to night is a bit to fast? It goes from sundown to almost complete nightfall in less than a lap. Heck, almost in less than one stretch of road.

# 3 Kruza @ 06/17/10 08:33 AM
I think it may be a case where some kind of accelerated real-time feature is being used here in this Gran Turismo 5 video in order to show daytime and nighttime scenarios in a short rally. Test Drive Le Mans for the Dreamcast had a similar feature so to allow a player to complete the entire 24-hour endurance race in one hour of real time. It was possible to see the sun set then later rise in one short session.

Kruza

# 4 Blzer @ 06/17/10 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruza
I think it may be a case where some kind of accelerated real-time feature is being used here in this Gran Turismo 5 video in order to show daytime and nighttime scenarios in a short rally. Test Drive Le Mans for the Dreamcast had a similar feature so to allow a player to complete the entire 24-hour endurance race in one hour of real time. It was possible to see the sun set then later rise in one short session.

Kruza
Yeah, I got that time is accelerated... I just think that it's a little too fast. Like I said, one stretch of road and suddenly you start seeing stars. I think it can slow down maybe two or three times and garner a similar daytime progression effect while not coming off as "too fast".

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.