Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Maelstrom-XIII @ 06/18/10 12:37 AM
It certainly is a way to get pats on the back when they put it back into the game several iterations later...

Okay, enough taunting of EA...kudos for putting together a game that looks like it will at least play decently, even if Reggie Bush CAN break out of a tackle with half the defense AND a head coach hanging off of him...

# 42 spankdatazz22 @ 06/18/10 01:07 AM
I don't get the whole "locomotion looks good" when players don't look like they're even touching the turf. The need to plant when moving left/right was needed, but come on - that should be an expected improvement. The skating is really noticeable. And the tackling/player interaction is simply poor.

# 43 DavonBrown @ 06/18/10 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenReign86
There, hows that?
Whoa! Overboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteamontheboat
Eli Manning bounced off Patriot D linemen in the superbowl its called the miracle b4 the catch
Definitely not the same.

# 44 MrBallaBoy21 @ 06/18/10 01:19 AM
smh ea, take that breaking out of the jaws of life BS out.

# 45 bang911 @ 06/18/10 01:42 AM
Pursuit angles mean NOTHING if you are not allowed to take down the ball carrier when you reach him.

Lack of consecutive-hit tackles is Madden's biggest weakness obviously.

# 46 maddenps2 @ 06/18/10 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bang911
Pursuit angles mean NOTHING if you are not allowed to take down the ball carrier when you reach him.

Lack of consecutive-hit tackles is Madden's biggest weakness obviously.
Exactly, it's not like this is an unknown problem. It's a glaring problem that everyone in the commmunity and the developers know about.

They said they dedicated every resource to game-play, yet in a sim-based football games we still have the same broken tackle engine. I'm not sure guys, but I think the tackle engine has a pretty big impact on the gameplay of a sim football game.

# 47 Pacman83 @ 06/18/10 02:39 AM
Lol @ the overreactions...Duped again!!!
It looks like the two tacklers from the backside hit each other and the other one tried to stand Bush up and failed (that, i am questioning, but don't know who the guy is...) The actual problem is that when three guys hit Reggie Bush (not Micheal Turner) he should go down from the impact alone, not power through, even if it is bad tackling.
Yea, and people are so used to skating that whenever they see Madden, its an assumption because movement in general hasn't changed. To me there seems to be a lack of sliding. The faster speed doesn't help, neither does the lack of player weight/shifting.
While I don't get the one detail and a time approach, if they added some sort of physics/weight (even a new engine overall) to the players to go with locomotion, we might have a game....at least its starting to feel like football based on the college demo...just my .02

# 48 maddenps2 @ 06/18/10 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman83
Lol @ the overreactions...Duped again!!!
It looks like the two tacklers from the backside hit each other and the other one tried to stand Bush up and failed (that, i am questioning, but don't know who the guy is...) The actual problem is that when three guys hit Reggie Bush (not Micheal Turner) he should go down from the impact alone, not power through, even if it is bad tackling.
Yea, and people are so used to skating that whenever they see Madden, its an assumption because movement in general hasn't changed. To me there seems to be a lack of sliding. The faster speed doesn't help, neither does the lack of player weight/shifting.
While I don't get the one detail and a time approach, if they added some sort of physics/weight (even a new engine overall) to the players to go with locomotion, we might have a game....at least its starting to feel like football based on the college demo...just my .02
I really doubt it, when you run into a teammate in madden you don't fall down. Teammates are protected by invisible force-fields. The current Madden engine has *friendly fire* implemented, where is your collision with a teammate doesn't trigger a motion capture/collision animations like it would if you impacted an opponent. In regards to teammate to teammate collisions, madden is totally unrealistic, and it mimics what you see in first person shooters with friendly fire on. In case you don't know it disables you from being able to harm or shoot your teammate.

# 49 Pacman83 @ 06/18/10 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
I really doubt it, when you run into a teammate in madden you don't fall down. Teammates are protected by invisible force-fields. The current Madden engine has *friendly fire* implemented, where is your collision with a teammate doesn't trigger a motion capture/collision animations like it would if you impacted an opponent. In regards to teammate to teammate collisions, madden is totally unrealistic, and it mimics what you see in first person shooters with friendly fire on. In case you don't know it disables you from being able to harm or shoot your teammate.
I disagree...well partly. On offense and player movement there's the law defying force field, but on tackles I've seen differently, mostly because of Pro-Tak. While tackles need a great deal of work, if you look at the video you can see the timing there and appropriate reactions as if they'd bounced mostly off each other.

# 50 budsticky @ 06/18/10 03:12 AM
I'm not one to usually pile on with something like this, but I just can't deny that this clip looks like the same old Madden. I know it's just one short clip, so I'm not going to make a lot of it, but it looks so much like last year. They even have the same canned flip into the endzone animation at the end of the run. Ugh! I wish Backbreaker would fix their issues and really push Madden to do something. IMO it's the only EA game that isn't seriously trying to move forward.

# 51 Palo20 @ 06/18/10 03:13 AM
That break tackle animation happened a lot in '10. I really don't mind it, but I think it happens too often with the wrong players. I played a lot with every team, and Bush would constantly break out of gang tackles. I think the problem is that his ELU rating is really high. Those types of broken tackles should be more common with guys who have a higher TRK ratinga and are harder to tackle. ELU should be reserved for what Bush did at the end of the run.

# 52 rooney8 @ 06/18/10 04:27 AM
They have realised that they need to write all new code for franchise mode. I wonder how long it will take them to realise they got to do that for the whole game.

# 53 R9NALD9 @ 06/18/10 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8
They have realised that they need to write all new code for franchise mode. I wonder how long it will take them to realise they got to do that for the whole game.
Agreed...I'm baffled to see this stuff, really I am. The sooner they realise they need a complete new engine for this game the better! There is just so much stuff broken or not working correctly that they will never be able to correct things here and there...just do everything from scratch!

Every year it's the same story, empty promises...I mean, this year they redid the lighting model, but didn't add progressive ligthing...does that even make sense? Now some people on these forums think they will add progressive lighting next year, bwahahahaha...the joke is on you! Next year we will just get the same response: us: "Ian are progressive lighting in this year?"...Ian: "no we've got bigger fish to fry"

it's the same thing happening year in, year out
I'm going to take a guess, next year with Madden 12, we are going to get blogs and all kinds of excitement about the new franchise mode features. But will again end up with a game that has major gameplay flaws, franchise stats not working correctly, same stupid presentation (because remember they redid presentation this year, only one aspect of the game can be improved every year, nothing more...no, nothing more), still no tv style broadcast, and let me guess...and I'll bet my life on this, that even with the completey recoded franchise next year, that it will still not have all the features the franchise mode of Madden NFL 06 had.

It's a pity the 11 year old sheep are buying this game, if it wasn't for the casual kindergarden gamers I'm sure Madden would've been a total failure sales wise.

I mean really, it just doesn't make sense that this team are struggling so much getting anything 100% correct in the game while in "that game we do not speak off" the developers got the majority right...how come?

EA should just stop trying to be cool, and add stuff that they think will be cool! Just watch the one NFL game after the other, and make the game look exactly like it, it cannot be that hard?

and to those going to bash me, saying I don't know how difficult it is...bull, I'm a developer myself and did courses in 3D as well as game developemnt.

This EA Team lacks commitment, passion and drive.

I'm not hating, just frustrated. I do believe Ian and his team can get the job done, but I feel they seriously need to rethink their approach.

# 54 budsticky @ 06/18/10 05:19 AM
The main feature this year is a glorified "Ask Madden." I'll probably get slammed for trolling..but that's what it seems like to me. Every video I've seen so far still has suction blocking..I just don't know where to start.

By the way, I'm not trolling..I'm just giving my opinion...check my record on OS. I'm just really feeling disgusted about Madden from everything I've seen and heard so far. It needs to be torn down and built up. It will never work as long as you all are just patching it and building on the same thing. If it takes two years that's ok. The only problem is that the powers that be at EA will NEVER let it take two years.

# 55 blklightning @ 06/18/10 05:21 AM
still looks like they're running in slow motion. how can the devs not see this?

# 56 ForeverYoung @ 06/18/10 05:23 AM
I really hope that this was played on rookie level and that the D plays better in higher difficulty levels.
But I fear that the horrible gliding can't be fixed by sliders.

# 57 R9NALD9 @ 06/18/10 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by budsticky
The main feature this year is a glorified "Ask Madden." I'll probably get slammed for trolling..but that's what it seems like to me. Every video I've seen so far still has suction blocking..I just don't know where to start.

By the way, I'm not trolling..I'm just giving my opinion...check my record on OS. I'm just really feeling disgusted about Madden from everything I've seen and heard so far. It needs to be torn down and built up. It will never work as long as you all are just patching it and building on the same thing. If it takes two years that's ok. The only problem is that the powers that be at EA will NEVER let it take two years.
Come to think of it, you are right! I never thought of it in that way...
mmmmmmm...EAAAA!!

I must say though, if this gameflow thing is implemented intelligently and correctly it can be a great addition. That being said, I'm a bit sceptical, I feel it's just going to be another addition to Madden where the AI will not be able to really assist you. I fear it will end up holding you back, instead of pushing you forward...if you know what I mean

I just can't understand it...Fifa was absolutely crap 4 years back and waaaay behind Pro Evolution Soccer. In 3 years time up untill the versions end of last year, Fifa did not only caught up, but are now miles ahead of pes and the recent fifa games are mint! Just to use an example, the locomotion in fifa is the best out there, the jostling system in Fifa are being implemented in NBA Elite 11.

All that in 4 years...now my question is why can't we expect the same improvements in Madden?

In the past 5 years up untill this years version Fifa added and implemented the following:
  • Locomotion system
  • Complete recode of Manager Mode
  • Complete new animation system
  • this year in Fifa 11 the lighting is redone
  • All major players faces are redone for this year
  • New presentation
  • Awesome jostling system where players interact and react realisticly to eachother physically
  • This year will see different dribbling styles, 11 different player models
And these are just quickly off the top of my head, I don't want to know how long this list will get if I really do research about it

In the last 5 years Madden did the following:

• Better graphics
  • Locomotion in this year
  • Lighting redone this year
  • Presentation redone the last two years
The rest, players weapons, fight for the fumble, kicking meter, gameflow are all gimmicks, smokescreens to convince us to buy the game

and just to add to Madden's woes...the Madden team has 32 teams to keep up to date, and probably about 34 stadiums or so. Fifa has over 50 stadiums and I don't even know how many teams.

# 58 rooney8 @ 06/18/10 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9
I must say though, if this gameflow thing is implemented intelligently and correctly it can be a great addition. That being said, I'm a bit sceptical, I feel it's just going to be another addition to Madden where the AI will not be able to really assist you. I fear it will end up holding you back, instead of pushing you forward...if you know what I mean
Agreed. I think it could be a great addition but this year I know I will be wondering if my coordinators have suffered brain damage with some the calls they make.

# 59 shttymcgee @ 06/18/10 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgrindz
It seemed like he got up the whole field in just 10 strides (exaggeration). Seriously though his legs don't seem to be moving as fast as he's running. It's like they don't take enough strides.
What? He was taking 2 strides for every 5 yards when in the open field. How many do you think should be taken?

# 60 DaveDQ @ 06/18/10 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgrindz
It seemed like he got up the whole field in just 10 strides (exaggeration). Seriously though his legs don't seem to be moving as fast as he's running. It's like they don't take enough strides.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I don't get the whole "locomotion looks good" when players don't look like they're even touching the turf. The need to plant when moving left/right was needed, but come on - that should be an expected improvement. The skating is really noticeable. And the tackling/player interaction is simply poor.
Something I'm noticing that does not help this issue is the camera movement. If you notice the shifting camera during this video, it really exaggerates the sliding feel. I'm not saying sliding isn't there, but the camera does not help.

I agree with the locomotion gaps. It seems speed does not decrease after a juke is made. Locomotion looks good before speed is obtained, but once a runner is in full stride, it appears that the player's feet and ground aren't working together.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.