Madden NFL 11 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 RaiderKtulu @ 06/18/10 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shttymcgee
What? He was taking 2 strides for every 5 yards when in the open field. How many do you think should be taken?
2 strides for 5 yards... Can you move 15 feet in 2 steps?

The running almost looks like it's worse than last year.... almost Sega Genesis style, just gliding along the surface.

If a certain other game gets patched, I see almost no reason to bother buying Madden this year.

# 62 djordan @ 06/18/10 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
I really doubt it, when you run into a teammate in madden you don't fall down. Teammates are protected by invisible force-fields. The current Madden engine has *friendly fire* implemented, where is your collision with a teammate doesn't trigger a motion capture/collision animations like it would if you impacted an opponent. In regards to teammate to teammate collisions, madden is totally unrealistic, and it mimics what you see in first person shooters with friendly fire on. In case you don't know it disables you from being able to harm or shoot your teammate.
Great example dude!

# 63 jf28 @ 06/18/10 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by budsticky
The main feature this year is a glorified "Ask Madden." I'll probably get slammed for trolling..but that's what it seems like to me. Every video I've seen so far still has suction blocking..I just don't know where to start.

By the way, I'm not trolling..I'm just giving my opinion...check my record on OS. I'm just really feeling disgusted about Madden from everything I've seen and heard so far. It needs to be torn down and built up. It will never work as long as you all are just patching it and building on the same thing. If it takes two years that's ok. The only problem is that the powers that be at EA will NEVER let it take two years.
Seriously. I'm waiting to see a screen where, in the bottom where it gives you advice, it says "Tell your line to protect here. Tell your line to protect every play, not just here."

# 64 RaiderKtulu @ 06/18/10 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jf28
Seriously. I'm waiting to see a screen where, in the bottom where it gives you advice, it says "Tell your line to protect here. Tell your line to protect every play, not just here."
It's kinda funny in a way... it's like a flashback to 2001 where it was "ask coach" rather than ask madden and it had a different voice telling you what to run.

It definitely shouldn't deserve any type of hype as a major feature...it's what should have been there to start with.

# 65 The Yurpman @ 06/18/10 10:23 AM
This might be the first year I pass on Madden since 2001.

# 66 kjcheezhead @ 06/18/10 10:57 AM
I can't stand watching Reggie Bush bounce off 3 defenders, but you guys do realize this is an intentional design of the game by the devs and not an example of how the "engine" is broken, right?

Ian was on here last year promoting pro-tak and was talking about not wanting a play to be over until the runner was down. He used this video as an example of what he was shooting for...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ILs1ALU3O0

# 67 RaiderKtulu @ 06/18/10 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I can't stand watching Reggie Bush bounce off 3 defenders, but you guys do realize this is an intentional design of the game by the devs and not an example of how the "engine" is broken, right?

Ian was on here last year promoting pro-tak and was talking about not wanting a play to be over until the runner was down. He used this video as an example of what he was shooting for...

If people can bash Backbreaker for it's intentional design choice of having only one camera, then surely people can bash Madden for what they view as a bad implementation of their "engine", can they not?

Intentional design or not, it sure as heck doesn't look very realistic does it.

# 68 Exonerated @ 06/18/10 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
If people can bash Backbreaker for it's intentional design choice of having only one camera, then surely people can bash Madden for what they view as a bad implementation of their "engine", can they not?

Intentional design or not, it sure as heck doesn't look very realistic does it.
Its not intentional. What's shown here is what Pro-tak is meant to rectify. Maybe pro-tak is not turned on???

# 69 RaiderKtulu @ 06/18/10 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Its not intentional. What's shown here is what Pro-tak is meant to rectify. Maybe pro-tak is not turned on???
Why would it not be turned on? It's kind of a major part of the game isn't it? You can't even call it defensive user error since the user was controlling the player holding Bush up while the CPU defenders bounced off. Something ain't right there.

# 70 Exonerated @ 06/18/10 11:12 AM
Pro-tak isn't working I guess. Because the design choice is definitely not to have players unable to join tackles.

It may be broken in this build. Who knows?

# 71 davep @ 06/18/10 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead

By the by, it'd be great to have a replay angle like that instead of so close you can't tell what's going on around the ball carrier.

# 72 Exonerated @ 06/18/10 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by o Mass Murda o
then that would mean it wasnt turned on in madden 10 or the ncaa 11 demo. thats the invisible forcefield that happens every play where ppl are engaged and nobody else can "enter" the interaction so they bounce off and fall to the ground. this is the norm for EA's interaction...protak is actually the anomaly where it allows ppl to join. and now that theyve turned it down even further as evident in ncaa11 demo...this forcefield bouncing off stuff is the main thing even more.
To clarify, I'm saying pro-tak is not working like it its conceptualised.

# 73 KG @ 06/18/10 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
To clarify, I'm saying pro-tak is not working like it its conceptualised.
Exactly.

It has everything to do with the fact that Pro-Tak as currently implemented does not activate on a consistent basis.

# 74 TombSong @ 06/18/10 11:50 AM
Pro-Tak is garbage. Its nothing more than a animation trigger. Once the 2 player protak or 3 player protak animations starts, you cannot add on to it yourself or influence it in any meaningful way. It just plays out however the dice roll plays it out.

The running looks ugly and unnatural. I am having a hard time understanding how anyone that worked on the game can look at that and find it acceptable to release. 20+ years of football, and this is where we are. The running animations remind me of how the players moved in Intellivision football, except instead of in 2D its in 3D.

I thought they had this magic animation tool that was suppose to make all the animations trigger right, look right, whatever ?

# 75 walliworld @ 06/18/10 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
The motion looks better, in terms of leg movement, but it look like he never really made contact with the ground. He just kind of slid all the way to the endzone. Weird.
Thank you!!! I thought I was the one that noticed. It's the same in Ncaa 11,,, it's like they are on a flat grid instead of grass or turf, not even connected

# 76 acreyman @ 06/18/10 12:43 PM
He is just running mad cause K. Kardashian is dating Miles Austin. He is suddenly a power back.

# 77 Valdarez @ 06/18/10 12:50 PM
One guy's holding Bush, 3 other guys dive at him and.... nothing happens, no impact, nothing. It's like they aren't there. Quality stuff. 6 years after the release of (other gamer) and Madden still doesn't have secondary impacts. That would be a pretty play if not for the limitations in the tackle / incidental contact mechanism of Madden that has been solved by every other major football title.

# 78 KensaiKatai @ 06/18/10 12:58 PM
Collision detection is STILL broken!?!?!

# 79 tigerbothesh23 @ 06/18/10 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walliworld
Thank you!!! I thought I was the one that noticed. It's the same in Ncaa 11,,, it's like they are on a flat grid instead of grass or turf, not even connected
I usually don't comment on things like this, but man, he's just gliding over the ground, his legs are moving but there really doesn't seem to be any contact. very strange, it just looks really weird and off putting. To me it looks like the tweaks to locomotion have made the skating look more apparent, not less.

# 80 KensaiKatai @ 06/18/10 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerbothesh23
I usually don't comment on things like this, but man, he's just gliding over the ground, his legs are moving but there really doesn't seem to be any contact. very strange, it just looks really weird and off putting.
did you guys watch chris johnson run in last years game?! it's the guys with full speed in madden as far as i can tell... instead of seemingly 'looking' faster then the rest of the game the game goes into weird slide glitch stutter mode whenever the 99 speed 99 acceleration guys are on a breakaway.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.