Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 rice_n_gravy @ 06/27/10 08:59 AM
as a big presentation geek that intro althought out of order looked cool (hope it only happens during certain games thou)

btw, their helmets loook like they would shatter if you drop them

# 42 bonbonan @ 06/27/10 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
They're really serious about Brees's chant being used for every team? Please tell me this isn't in the final version.
I hope that is not the final version else i would skip madden for this year too. Did not impress me either.

# 43 rice_n_gravy @ 06/27/10 09:35 AM
it didnt look like the Saints chant looked like every other lets get hype huddle you see before the game

# 44 Senator Palmer @ 06/27/10 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_n_gravy
it didnt look like the Saints chant looked like every other lets get hype huddle you see before the game
Listen closely to the audio in the clip.

# 45 Gosens6 @ 06/27/10 12:25 PM
Every team does have the Brees chant. Why? Who knows.

# 46 djack10jmac18 @ 07/02/10 10:11 AM
am i the only one that noticed that lesean mccoy was wearing number 25? he wears 29. c'mon EA

# 47 RedZoneD25 @ 07/02/10 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djack10jmac18
am i the only one that noticed that lesean mccoy was wearing number 25? he wears 29. c'mon EA
He changed it this offseason. He was actually going to change it after training camp (when Booker was cut) last year but the league disallowed it.

Nate Allen, rookie FS, wears 29 now.

# 48 Skyboxer @ 07/02/10 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djack10jmac18
Quote:
Originally Posted by davey225
He changed it this offseason. He was actually going to change it after training camp (when Booker was cut) last year but the league disallowed it.

c'mon djack10jmac18

j/k but see how easily it is to be wrong...
You were "mini jumping" on EA like it was such a stupid mistake... yet....they were right in this case and you were wrong...

# 49 Alliball @ 07/02/10 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Kinda weird to see Dez Bryant with Michael Irving's old number. I feel that's a bit disrespectful for a team who held him in such high regards as a player and has retired and is even in the HoF. His number as well as the numbers of Aikman, Emmit Smith, all the other Cowboy greats who have made it to the HoF should all be retired.
This always makes me laugh.

Ironic.

# 50 Skyboxer @ 07/02/10 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliball
This always makes me laugh.

Ironic.
Lol... Yeah. It's easy to make that mistake BUT I don't think if I was that passionate about it (a player) I would make the mistake..

# 51 ZoneKIller @ 07/02/10 11:05 AM
Vids looked nice but I saw 3 problems.

.1 When Marion was going to the outside on that run to the left,whoever was controlling him should have cut back to the inside.

.2 I may be wrong but I thought Dezs sleeves were short.No problem though,if I do get the game I'll fix that.

.3 Goes through his progression .

# 52 spfhelmiii @ 07/02/10 11:24 AM
Looks okay. Part of the reasoning behind GameFlow is shortening the game, which didn't happen here since he kept watching replays. I love replays, so I'll probably fall for this as well.

Still need to see more to see how good GameFlow's playcalling is. Calling an outside run out of I-Formation on 2nd and 20+? Not very good.

I agree with the other commenter that they NEED an option to remove BOTH the audio and little headset overlay. Will not be using GameFlow otherwise.

As far as the out of order Intro., it is a bit right and wrong. Players DO warm up pre-game before heading back to the lockerroom before coming out all at once... but typically not in full gear. I'm not a huge fan of seeing players in the lockerroom either, since its rare that Broadcasts include that (normally its arriving at stadium, chatting with other players/refs, warming up).

We'll see how it plays. I am intrigued enough by GamePlanning in offline franchise and the new running system to buy it again this year, unless negative reviews hit the internet before release. Which of course never happens...

# 53 Goffs @ 07/02/10 11:25 AM
im tired of the cutscenes already....i wish they would just get rid of cutscenes and just go real time...all you need is some broadcast style camera cuts then youre good to go...

# 54 KANE699 @ 07/02/10 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Every team does have the Brees chant. Why? Who knows.
Incorrect.

# 55 Maelstrom-XIII @ 07/02/10 12:03 PM
I just can't get over the commentary...too much is left over from last year (not enough new lines), and Gus...well, to be frank, he sounds horrible.

"AND HE'S BROUGHT DOWN!!!.....at the 36."

It's like he puts the emphasis in the wrong places...how about we have him scream the ENTIRE line, or just say it all normally? It's downright insulting to splice his lines together like that and assume we don't notice...

# 56 J Masta J @ 07/02/10 02:12 PM
Commentary is pretty bad. Honestly, replacing Tom/adding Gus didn't do much. The timing is still horrible, and that's really all that matters. It sounds disjointed and sloppy.

They need to go back to old gen games, (Madden 2005 comes to mind) and use them as a blueprint. Al may be "boring" and John may sound like his mouth is full of eclair pastries, but that game GOT commentary. Timing >>> Talent.

# 57 djack10jmac18 @ 07/05/10 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davey225

thanks man. looked into it and yeah, i was wrong. don't know how i missed that.

# 58 Trustpt @ 07/05/10 06:50 AM
PS3's throwing animation still looks a bit awkward compared to the 360. But at least the ball spins. :/

# 59 Skyboxer @ 07/05/10 10:53 PM
Really like waht I'm seeing. Game looks great to me. Yeah some things could get better (Commentary etc..) but botton line for me is looks fun again.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.