NCAA Football 11 News Post

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 jwwright620 @ 06/18/10 09:08 PM
Cool......

# 22 HokieB @ 06/18/10 10:19 PM
Not making excuses or anything, but after watching that "sliding" play over and over again, I swear that the actual gameplay and the replay don't match up. The sliding in the replay is BAD, but I'm just not seeing it during the actual gameplay of that play. Maybe I'm just missing it, or maybe it just happens real fast.

I don't get hung up on that stuff anyway as long as it doesn't happen over and over again.

# 23 TracerBullet @ 06/18/10 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieB
Not making excuses or anything, but after watching that "sliding" play over and over again, I swear that the actual gameplay and the replay don't match up. The sliding in the replay is BAD, but I'm just not seeing it during the actual gameplay of that play. Maybe I'm just missing it, or maybe it just happens real fast.

I don't get hung up on that stuff anyway as long as it doesn't happen over and over again.
It doesn't. Like I said in my previous post, watch the Army player who first initiates contact with him during the play then watch during the replay how he glitches. The replay is busted.

# 24 Skulletor @ 06/18/10 11:18 PM
wtf are all the fields torn up before the game begins? is this another EA fail?

# 25 BroMontana82 @ 06/18/10 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
if i remember correctly i think they said that when the user initially get the ball it's undetermined which way you are going to move your player, hence the sliding.
i guess that makes sense although foot planting technology a la fifa would have been nice. hopefully the speed sliders hep out and give the players some more weight.

# 26 chrisdd71 @ 06/19/10 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulletor
wtf are all the fields torn up before the game begins? is this another EA fail?
It's beginning to look that way...

# 27 Spanky @ 06/19/10 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieB

My feelings exactly. I didn't see the sliding in real time, during the play. It was very noticeable in the replay. Maybe it's a replay issue.

# 28 orthostud23 @ 06/19/10 09:28 AM
It seems that they bumped the speed up a TON compared to the demo. Were they trying to show off the "speed tuner"??

# 29 bonbonan @ 06/19/10 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbreez35
Boy there is alot of complaining in this thread
Yeah,those complain happen to me too. Another EA fail!

# 30 kingdevin @ 06/19/10 10:36 AM
What kind of camera angle options are we getting this year? Broadcast perhaps? ANy allowance for cpu v cpu?

# 31 countryboy @ 06/19/10 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdevin
What kind of camera angle options are we getting this year? Broadcast perhaps? ANy allowance for cpu v cpu?
just answered this for you in the impressions thread....the only camera option is the one you are seeing in videos and in the demo.

# 32 kingdevin @ 06/19/10 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
just answered this for you in the impressions thread....the only camera option is the one you are seeing in videos and in the demo.
Thanks for letting me know so quickly cb

# 33 countryboy @ 06/19/10 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdevin
Thanks for letting me know so quickly cb
n/p...

# 34 JkA3 @ 06/19/10 12:29 PM
the game looks really good. i seem to be seeming a lot of sliding, which will hopefully correct some with a lower game speed.

# 35 Youk @ 06/19/10 12:47 PM
Nice to see some Army love.

# 36 OSUFANOKC @ 06/21/10 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
As mentioned in the video, they are playing the game on default, and it seems very fast.

The fast game speed seems to be causing the player sliding that is noticed in the vid's.

I hope lowering the Speed Slider will help limit the sliding and make the field seem larger by slowing the player's down, because the option play to the wide side runs out of field way too fast.

Also, until they include chop/cut blocks, the option will not look/run as it should, because the option scheme does not utiilize the normal blocking technique of other Offensive schemes. It's about cutting Def player's legs to create path's or lanes. (Just my 2 cents about the option offense)

Can't wait for some college football.
FYI, the option game does not rely on chop/cut blocks to successful.

# 37 cjkool69 @ 06/22/10 12:20 AM
Does anyone know did EA put Army's camouflage uniforms in the game?

# 38 dan_457 @ 06/22/10 12:29 AM
They're in, and they were in last years as well.

# 39 khaliib @ 06/22/10 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFANOKC
FYI, the option game does not rely on chop/cut blocks to successful.
Maybe in high school, but at the collegiate level, the player's move too fast to perform regular drive and stalk block. There would be "Holding" calls every play.

2nd- with perimeter guys being smaller and the most important block for pitches and outside runs, no coach at the college level would ask them to try and attempt regular drive blocking on bigger Def player's.

Also, with odd man fronts, it's difficult to reach certain blocks, so you cut/chop to slow Def flow and create the lanes needed.

3rd- Most college teams utilizing the option as their "MAIN" Offensive scheme, usually have undersize OL, thus maintaining a drive block on bigger DL in difficult, so they chop/cut block to negate the size/strength difference.

Just a FYI to your FYI

# 40 dan_457 @ 06/22/10 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBruce
:O hey are/were? MAN, CAN NOT BELIEVE I missed out on that oh well, hopefully I won't forget this for '11 lol
If you go to the teambuilder site you can check them out now. I almost started a dynasty with them last year cause of those sweet uni's.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.