Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Pastapadre has posted the top 10 WR's based on their Madden NFL 11 overall player ratings.

Quote:
"Andre Johnson (HOU) – 98
Larry Fitzgerald (ARI) – 97
Brandon Marshall (MIA) – 96
Reggie Wayne (IND) – 96
Randy Moss (NE) – 95
Roddy White (ATL) – 93
Steve Smith (CAR) – 92
DeSean Jackson (PHI) – 91
Calvin Johnson (DET) – 91
Wes Welker (NE) – 91
Anquan Boldin (BAL) – 91
Chad Ochocinco (CIN) – 91"

Source: Pastapadre

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 warrior7807 @ 06/22/10 08:03 PM
CAR. Steve Smith is still one of the best WR in the league. check out his stats. If he had half of a QB last season he would have put up comparable numbers to NYG Smith. With That, if NY Smith has another season this year similar to the one he had in 09, he should a 90

# 62 WFColonel56 @ 06/22/10 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior7807
I agree VJ needs a higher rating 93ish, but Marshall has the edge when comparing the two.

And last season Moss clearly had the better season. actually since White burst onto the scene 3 years ago, moss bested him 2 of the 3 seasons with his one down year being when Cassel started.
So ur saying that moss bested White 2 out of the 3 years. Think about what you are saying. Moss is in a Pass 1st offense. White is in a runn1st offense. Moss has the luxury of Welker to take heat off of him. White is the only pass threat so he is doubled every game all game.... and 1 of the years that u say moss bested white is the best year ever for a wr...WHEN IS A SEASON LIKE THAT GUNNA HAPPEN AGAIN. And about this past year half of the ATL offensive starters were hurt (Ryan, Turner, Norwood, 3 of the OLman)....So white was doubled with the 3RD STRING RB IN THE GAME, WITH CHRIS REDMAN THROWING THE BALL IN SOME GAMES... Moss isnt better than white. and last year moss had a little over 100 over white.....so that isn't CLEARLY better when you factor in what ATL had to fight through last year

# 63 warrior7807 @ 06/23/10 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56
So ur saying that moss bested White 2 out of the 3 years. Think about what you are saying. Moss is in a Pass 1st offense. White is in a runn1st offense. Moss has the luxury of Welker to take heat off of him. White is the only pass threat so he is doubled every game all game.... and 1 of the years that u say moss bested white is the best year ever for a wr...WHEN IS A SEASON LIKE THAT GUNNA HAPPEN AGAIN. And about this past year half of the ATL offensive starters were hurt (Ryan, Turner, Norwood, 3 of the OLman)....So white was doubled with the 3RD STRING RB IN THE GAME, WITH CHRIS REDMAN THROWING THE BALL IN SOME GAMES... Moss isnt better than white. and last year moss had a little over 100 over white.....so that isn't CLEARLY better when you factor in what ATL had to fight through last year
Most of what you say is exactly right, but do you seriously think this is all taken into consideration when making player ratings? White is rated lower because Moss had a better season than him statistically. Donny Moore doesnt take into consideration that since ATL had 3 o-linemen hurt and a backup QB playing(who had almost an identical comp% and Passer Rating as Ryan) and White still had a great season, than he must get a boost. Also i'd like to point out that ATL had fewer rushing attempts than NE and only 20 or so fewer passing attempts. White was also thrown at more than Moss, so the run-first/pass-first statement holds little water.

The post i responded to stated that White was better than Moss the last two years, when in reality, that is not the case. You also help my point proving Moss has been better when stating that he did have one of the best seasons ever. I'm not a fan of Moss, and do like White alot, but Moss is the better receiver of the two.

# 64 packabacka19 @ 06/23/10 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56

the last 2 years white has 18 TD and 2535 yds and 173 catches. Jennings has 13 TD 2405 yds and 148 catches....ATL's run yds were 4319 & 38 TDs, GB had 3690 yds and 31 TDs....so there is no excuse that GB ran better than ATL. That means they were passing more. Roddy White just plain out preformed him over the last 2 years.... hell Roddy bested him in 07 (his 1st year as a starter)
It helps that Roddy was the only decent receiving option on the team in '08, and was 1 of only 2 in '09.

Whereas Jennings has to compete with Finley, Driver, Jones, and Nelson.

# 65 packabacka19 @ 06/23/10 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Men_in_Mass
Have you ever watched a Pats game in your life? Wes Welker is pretty much unstoppable and Jennings as been nothing but a little above average the past two season..
Did you mean to say: "Have you ever watched a Pats game in your life? The Patriots offensive scheme is SO good at exploiting defenses and getting Welker the ball. And Jennings has an excellent season in 2008, but in 2009 he drew heavy coverage due to the fact that he doesn't have the luxury of having Randy Moss on the opposite side of the field."

# 66 bballsoccergreg @ 06/23/10 03:37 AM
Quote:
Wes Welker is so much better the Jennings. The man caught 123 balls in 13 games last year!! No one can cover him, CB/LB/S. When he is all done he will be one of the best WR to ever play the game of Football.. And I hate the Pats.. Giants Fan Here!!
EXACTLY. That packers dude is biased as heck

# 67 bballsoccergreg @ 06/23/10 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkagTrendy
And maaan when is calvin gonna get some love?!
I know right. This junk is ridiculous.

# 68 Lusion @ 06/23/10 05:10 AM
Im very happy D.Jackson made the top 10 but he needs to be a lil higher.

# 69 G-Men_in_Mass @ 06/23/10 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by packabacka19
Did you mean to say: "Have you ever watched a Pats game in your life? The Patriots offensive scheme is SO good at exploiting defenses and getting Welker the ball. And Jennings has an excellent season in 2008, but in 2009 he drew heavy coverage due to the fact that he doesn't have the luxury of having Randy Moss on the opposite side of the field."

Donald Driver ring a bell??? He is no Randy Moss, but he is still a very good WR.. Jennings still has alot to prove before we make him one the best in the NFL.

# 70 djack10jmac18 @ 06/28/10 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron2k7
Hmmm.....

Roddy White ... DeSean Jackson ... and Wes Welker ....

are not better overall WR's than Greg Jennings.

Sure..... they're all great, and each in their own way...... but leaving Jennings out of the top ten is a mistake.
Dude, desean is way better then Jennings. He gets a better overall because he is a better player. He is the most dangerous(tied with Chris Johnson) player in the NFL. When jennings has 8 touchdowns of over 50 yards you should hit me up. But I will admit that Jennings is a hell of a player and if he is not a 90 you should kick donny Moore's butt

# 71 djack10jmac18 @ 06/28/10 08:08 AM
Quote:
You make alot of great points about Welker and the Pats... I dont think he would catch 120+ balls in S.F., but The Pats make use of him to bring out the best in him. As far as my GMen they have some Wideouts they may surprise alot of people this year, I see Nicks, and Barden being on the Madden Roster Update everyweek... in a good way
You have a great point. I don't know if anyone remembers wes welker a few years ago when he was a dolphin. He was a joke pretty much. Now that he is with the pass happy patriots catching a 5 yard flat and then running 10 yards has made him famous

# 72 blackmamba2416 @ 06/29/10 03:59 PM
I think the list is fair, but welker is a lil underrated, and there is no way m.austin is better than desean not right now, but austin should be an 89 or 90! Andre johson is the best he is such a beast!

# 73 da ThRONe @ 06/29/10 05:41 PM
Megatron is a 91? He IMO is the best WR in the game and he's a 91. Roddy White is better than Calvin Johnson? Seriously?

# 74 iBlievN5 @ 06/29/10 05:59 PM
d-jax is overrated. his CIT traffic should be low, his BPR should be low... pretty much anything that would allow a physical corner to dominate him *cough* aquib talib *cough* mike jenkins/terrance newman. STR low, awareness avg, high TGH, medium INJ, SPC low.

Steve "the Original" Smith got hosed, no WR dominates the competition like he can with his terrible QBs. White too high, CO too low, Megatron too low. VJack should've been in the list someplace.

# 75 Eman5805 @ 06/29/10 07:27 PM
No Marques Colston?

Friggin' kidding me.

# 76 KDRIZZLE2K4 @ 06/29/10 10:04 PM
Calvin is about right I'd probably give him a point or two extra but Its good... Hopefully he proves he is the best wide reciever in the league this year, which he is, he just hasn't proved it yet.

# 77 sangrecruz @ 09/10/11 01:47 AM
Broncos shafted again...how do you lead the league in rec yars and get ranked an 88? i guess ortons rank bothers me more 82!? and if you're going to tell me the game rewards consistancy get kolb off the list he hasnt played enough

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.