Home
UFC Undisputed 2010 News Post

As most of you are well aware of our morning unexpected surprise with Sony Europe (SCEE) releasing the PS3 EU patch, I can now officially cofirm the NA patch is live as well. This means ALL PS3 UFC players world-wide can patch up and play against each other. While this is great for PS3 players as a welcome surprise, it is unfortunate for XBOX 360 players. We never release a patch for a system or region before it is ready for all, that is why this is unfortunate for 360 players. We do not control the green "GO" button, but we do co-manage the final process and communication with 1st party so that everyone is always aligned, makes sense right? =) We had no idea the Sony Europe PS3 patch would release and thus were caught off guard. Not until all patch versions (360 and PS3) have been approved, are any patches supposed to be released. That said, this is great for PS3 players whom were facing the brunt of online issues with the game, and while not fair, it is still good news in general for PS3 players.

So what does this mean for PS3 players?
  • All Playstation 3 players should be able to patch and play each other
And what about XBOX 360 players?
  • Unfortunately, Microsoft has no jurisdiction to speed up their processes in light of an early release of the PS3 patch. We can't force the XBOX 360 patch to come out any faster than was already planned per their approval and testing process. MSFT has had the patch for a week and all signs have pointed to their approval this week or early next which would then allow us to immedietly release, and that is currently still the plan.
  • We are informing MSFT about this situation, but it is unlikely their process will speed up as such. We're hopeful and confident it will remain on track andf they will approve as quickly as Sony is currently doing. We have to respect their processes.
This is an unfortunate situation for 360 players and yet a great situation for PS3 players, one that caught us completely off guard and is unquestionably out of our hands. The EU PS3 version of the patch was not to be released until all versions for PS3/X360 were approved and ready. Apologies to 360 players, three cheers to PS3 players, we will do everything in our power to get the X360 patch approved and out with MSFT.

Thanks for understanding, and to those who have downloaded the PS3 patch, we hope its being enjoyed thus far and starting to cure a lot of your online woes.

Of course, I will update with more info as soon as I have it.

-Tank

Source: UFC Patch Release Update - All PS3 patch versions live (UPDATED)

What's in the patch?
  • Changes Ranked and Player Match matchmaking to increase the success rate of joining online matches - applies to PS3 and X360.
  • Changes online point system so that players lose Ranked match points upon disconnecting from the match.
  • Removes instant takedowns. All takedowns now require a struggle.
  • Changes the Omoplata submission so fighters cannot cancel to a standing position.
  • Reduces the success rate of the AI when executing and defending submissions on higher difficulties.
  • Fixes CAF stats so they update correctly when moving to different weight divisions in Career mode.
  • Fixes a bug in Career in which the fighter is demoted to the WFA when he should not.
  • Career Fighters no longer keep their stats when copied to the Create A Fighter mode.
  • Career Fighters can no longer obtain stats of 100 in all categories (i.e. no Super CAFs)
Along with this patch deploy, we'll also be launching the Fight Camps, web stats, and tournament features on our website. We purposely held off on these with the patch timeline as we wanted to make sure the game was in a clean state that felt fair for everyone. I think you'll be pleased with the website integration.

Source: UFC Patch Update - highlight fixes + update

Game: UFC Undisputed 2010Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
UFC Undisputed 2010 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 randers @ 06/23/10 12:19 PM
minimal difference in submissions/defense of.

# 42 Mossfan8480 @ 06/23/10 12:20 PM
Let's not start jumping to conclusions that the submission game is harder than before; the patch just came out. Give some time for people to adjust.

# 43 BoscoHB @ 06/23/10 03:01 PM
Guys, has there been anything done about the rapid stat decay ?

# 44 Stormyhog @ 06/23/10 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
This was the only sports game I was excited for this year....

My hopes is on Basketball season(or finally buy a PS3 for my Baseball fix)

Im def getting a Soccer game and finally see what these NHL(if 2k makes one too) is all about(wish EA's NHL game gave me options to customize my franchise mode)

Im soo disappointed
2k is not making an NHL game for the 360 or PS3 this year just for the Wii.

# 45 Phobia @ 06/23/10 05:38 PM
I think I am going to trade it in. I am going to wait for the 360 patch to see if they improved on anything. But currently I am thinking of selling it on Ebay and then just going back to 09. Hell i would play 10 or so fights a night of 09 every night almost. Since 10 has dropped I have only 50 fights so far.

# 46 delspf @ 06/23/10 05:57 PM
yea i dont think any patch will help offline mode in this.
better off selling it on craigslist too as you can get more for it

# 47 TheShizNo1 @ 06/23/10 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I think I am going to trade it in. I am going to wait for the 360 patch to see if they improved on anything. But currently I am thinking of selling it on Ebay and then just going back to 09. Hell i would play 10 or so fights a night of 09 every night almost. Since 10 has dropped I have only 50 fights so far.
Well hell, if you're out, then I know there's no hope. lol. But yea I feel you, it's gonna be back to 09 for me too

# 48 hawkeyekid @ 06/23/10 06:25 PM
I think I'm going to sell this puppy. I think stores are giving 25 bucks.

I was getting decent at pulling off submissions. I can't anymore. They didn't fix the KO issue. Stat decay is still rediculous.

I'm not buying it next year until I hear feedback about:
-KOs
-Submissions of high skill vs. low skill
-Going back to the original ground grapple system
-Ability to sway with the fighters (something like FN where you can lean back, side to side, forward)
-Offline career mode

# 49 delspf @ 06/23/10 06:47 PM
They also raised the points it takes to increase a stat point. Combine that with the 50 pt max sparring sessions and the decay rate, its going to be incredibly hard to even get a CAF over 70 in career.

How did this company screw up so badly?

# 50 Illustrator76 @ 06/23/10 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Fatigue
I'm sending this one in. I'm done with it; THQ is filled with idiots.
Well that did it for me. It's going to the store tomorrow.

# 51 delspf @ 06/23/10 09:45 PM
craigslist it
gamestop is giving like 20 bucks for it, i tried to return it 3 days after release and they wouldnt give a full refund. heard some stores not accepting trade ins period because they got so many back.

# 52 CBMerling @ 06/24/10 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by delspf
craigslist it
gamestop is giving like 20 bucks for it, i tried to return it 3 days after release and they wouldnt give a full refund. heard some stores not accepting trade ins period because they got so many back.
I think if they accept it or not, depends on the store.

But I turned my in for store-credit today for $25. Sucks, but oh well. Might as well trade it in now before it is worth $10 bucks.

# 53 havoc00 @ 06/24/10 12:24 AM
Im done with this game im putting it on ebay

# 54 delspf @ 06/24/10 01:31 AM
i really don't think i seen a company look so...inept?
i am selling mine for $35...nice $30 loss.

hell amazon is giving 30 for trade in value

# 55 TheShizNo1 @ 06/24/10 01:35 AM
It's funny as hell (and somewhat sad) seeing all the "I'm selling" post start to pile up in here. lol

# 56 Phobia @ 06/24/10 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
It's funny as hell (and somewhat sad) seeing all the "I'm selling" post start to pile up in here. lol
Its because we wait for a patch to fix the issues we explained to them in the damn EARLY-DEMO yet they blow it off and said that it was not a issue. Then when they acknowledge the issues they don't fix them in the patch. Hell I am not waiting 6 months or more just HOPING they fix it. Screw that, I have a fine working game in 09. Not all the good things 10 has but it is the far better game across the board.

# 57 PBlast @ 06/24/10 09:24 AM
I'm going to hang on to it I think, only to play against friends head to head. Pretty sad to see that it's come to this especially after all the hype this game got, I really thought it would deliver on all fronts. If you guys wanna do a camp for 09 I'll probably pick a copy up, I'm sure I can get a used one for super cheap.

# 58 Mossfan8480 @ 06/24/10 11:10 AM
I'm keeping mine, I still have fun playing online, and fully expect there to be another patch in the coming months to compete with EA MMA.

# 59 Stumbleweed @ 06/24/10 11:51 AM
The auto-takedown's gone, yee haw. I'm keeping it. Meh, what's $25 for a game that I will still play from time to time online? Maybe they'll issue another patch, who the hell knows. I have fun with it, the system is stupid in lots of ways, but most of it just leftover from last year's same stupid systems (submissions, reversals, lack of impact in different ratings). The auto-takedown was my main annoyance playing people online really, just because then it could always turn into a stupid flicka-flicka reversal war, but honestly I've only had that happen a few times lately. Been having standup wars that lasted into later rounds and even went to decision, some ground slogs where it keeps getting stood up (annoying, but Fitch-esque), technical grappling matches... pretty fun for me still despite the flaws.

# 60 Sandman42 @ 06/24/10 01:35 PM
Yeah, this ones going back so I can pick up Transformers. I strictly played this online and since the KO's and ground game haven't been fixed I can't play it anymore. Getting rid of the auto takedowns are nice, but there is still way too many other problems that make it near unplayable.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.