Madden NFL 11 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 NYyankz225 @ 06/23/10 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
no, he did turn on a dime...but he did push off his back foot afterwords before jumping like you said......watch it again... I watched like 4-5 times again before responding.
That's not turning on a dime. You guys need to watch some football if you think that that's not possible.

Not saying the issue is nonexistent this year but that video definitely didn't show any issues.

# 22 steelernation28 @ 06/23/10 01:44 AM
The rain didn't seem to have any effect on the field. Or at least that I noticed. Huh?

# 23 cam21224 @ 06/23/10 02:12 AM
I wonder what Mr.Heap was thinking at 0:33.

# 24 RaiderKtulu @ 06/23/10 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYyankz225
That's not turning on a dime. You guys need to watch some football if you think that that's not possible.

Not saying the issue is nonexistent this year but that video definitely didn't show any issues.
Did you even watch the play? He's running stride for stride with the RB, then the instant the ball is thrown he spins and goes in the opposite direction to pick off the pass, intended for the TE who's a full 8 yards further downfield at the time. Sure, after he landed the momentum looked realistic enough but that's not what we're talking about.

The ball was underthrown a bit - the fact that the ball was picked off isn't the real issue - the way it looks is the problem. If Revis had been strafing the whole time, on around the 1 or 2 keeping the RB in front of him while still trying to stay in front of the TE, it wouldn't look that bad. But he's running with his back to the LOS and as soon as the pass leaves the QBs hand he just spins and goes to the ball. It's another typical cheating eyes-in-back-of-head moment with a complete lack of realism.

# 25 maddenps2 @ 06/23/10 02:17 AM
Why was joe flacco in the backround, bent over with his helmet off, during the celebration a hundred yards away from where he threw it? I don't think he ever ran down the field.

# 26 uiucjpo @ 06/23/10 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
But he's running with his back to the LOS and as soon as the pass leaves the QBs hand he just spins and goes to the ball. It's another typical cheating eyes-in-back-of-head moment with a complete lack of realism.
This is the cause of 90% of my swearing when playing Madden.

# 27 Shawnj86 @ 06/23/10 04:05 AM
cool

# 28 sarlndr @ 06/23/10 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiucjpo
This is the cause of 90% of my swearing when playing Madden.
Haha. Yes sir.

If anyone says they didn't see him spin like he did they are blind.

# 29 str8artist @ 06/23/10 07:23 AM
Looking good... Revis actually played the zone perfect. That is good to see on Defense.. On bad raining days stadiums should look like that, I am glad they put that in this year.

# 30 splff3000 @ 06/23/10 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
Man, I can't help but point out the negatives in that video.

1) Todd Heap at 33 secs (TE on right side of Oline)... just lets his man get past him unblocked. Literally just stands up and stares at him. AWFUL.

OMG!! That WAS terrible. I didn't even see it until you guys pointed it out. Ugghhh

2) Revis showed zero momentum/locomotion. He shouldn't able to spin on the spot like that whilst moving in the opposite direction. The jump itself looked good and natural but the spin whilst moving was BAD.

Yeah it definitely looks like he makes an unnatural turn to make a play on the ball. While it doesn't look utterly ridiculous like in years passed, it does look like there is no locomotion going on there.
**sigh** A decent vid overall, but nothing spectacular or anything.

# 31 ch46647 @ 06/23/10 08:13 AM
Love the way DB's dont carry the ball with 1 hand, waving it around as they run. Cant believe nobody has mentioned that yet. They really did fix a lot of the small things in this game

# 32 DaveDQ @ 06/23/10 08:23 AM
Things looked good there but come on Todd Heap. Make a block.

# 33 Skyboxer @ 06/23/10 09:33 AM
I see absolutely nothing wrong in the Revis INT. His back was NOT to the ball (and he and the back were not exactly moving at any speed whatsoever) and could clearly "see" when the ball was thrown. Also the ball looked to be a wounded duck.
So in that aspect there was nothing wrong.

If in fact he would have had his back to the ball then yes I would have issues with it.

# 34 jpdavis82 @ 06/23/10 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammer
Commentary was AWFUL!!!! During that pick 6 run Gus keeps making disconnected comments. Whoever the sound editor is for Madden should find a new line of work.
After seeing several videos from E3 one thing I've noticed is that in just about every one of them you hear Gus in the background from other games going on at the same time and I think this adds to the disconnected feeling. I'm holding off judgment till I see videos from the final build.

# 35 STLRams @ 06/23/10 10:08 AM
The defender played the zone well after the QB got hit and the ball was loosely in the air, the interception was fine. No that wasn't end of the quarter highlights, it looks like it was just a replay of the last play that took place - would be nice though, NBA2K10 does a nice job of that. I love that the animation were the defender holds the ball like a loaf of bread is gone now, looks alot more realistic after the INT. The commentary does have me a little worried, need less repeatitive commentary, more banter between the commentators.

# 36 Skyboxer @ 06/23/10 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
I like the new/old kicking meter way more.

It;s non-invasive (in the scorebar) and well, it works. Way better than the right analog rubbish where you never miss.

That play was good as a whole. I like it.
Agree. I hated the analog stick stuff. If it had more to it to make the kicking a bit exciting/nerve racking then fine. However as it was .....boring.
Time will tell if adjusting sliders makes this new/old system harder.

# 37 canes21 @ 06/23/10 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
The defender played the zone well after the QB got hit and the ball was loosely in the air, the interception was fine. No that wasn't end of the quarter highlights, it looks like it was just a replay of the last play that took place - would be nice though, NBA2K10 does a nice job of that. I love that the animation were the defender holds the ball like a loaf of bread is gone now, looks alot more realistic after the INT. The commentary does have me a little worried, need less repeatitive commentary, more banter between the commentators.
That definitely was highlights after the first quarter. The last play of the quarter was at the goal line almost. The first running play during the highlights was in midfield.

Also, its a replay of the Jets running the ball. If you payed any attention the Ravens had the ball before the highlights started.

# 38 RayAllen20 @ 06/23/10 11:17 AM
Did anyone hear Gus talking about an upcoming Texans game????

Could that be commentary about future games or something...I really couldn't hear it well. That might've been in franchise mode since the Jets play the Ravens the first week. Maybe they were mentioning something about other games. Would be nice.

Edit: Sounded like a game from another TV. Since they said it was an exhibition game.

# 39 bxgoods @ 06/23/10 11:39 AM
There was nothing wrong with the Revis pick 6 , that's how your taught to play zone.

# 40 Fresh Prince @ 06/23/10 11:41 AM
Where was the excitement during Revis' return? Man, they did a great job making Gus look bad...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.