Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

Gamespot has posted a 7 minute NBA Elite 11 video, featuring Associate Producer Connor Dougan.

NBA Elite 11 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Elite 11 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 rEAnimator @ 06/24/10 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prototyper23
Cool
Please Reply

1-Is there allstar weekend and skills challenge

2-Are there injuries?

3- Can you guys turn hard fouls into fights?(not all the time but every once in a while)

4-How about Technical fouls?

5-Last thing, Can you guys make buzzer beater and championship celebrations more realistic?
Sorry man, I can't really answer these questions except to say that no, there will not be fights.

To be honest, I don't think you'd ever see fights in an EA Sports basketball game.

# 122 mrclutch @ 06/24/10 05:16 PM
Vid looks great. I'm a big shot-stick ***** but I find myself hating it less after the vid. Maybe I'll even like it after the demo. Slide step looks sweet.

Quick question. Is the "off ball player control' from last year still in the game? Seems like running your guy off pick could be even cooler this year with the new physics.

Thanks for all the reponses.

# 123 carnalnirvana @ 06/24/10 05:29 PM
thats was very nice, however my gripe is with the AI understanding how to use its players....

online or with the boys even live 10 was great, however please try to focus on the AI using the new mechanics, especially in the post

# 124 Xuriath @ 06/24/10 05:41 PM
Ok another question. Last year in Live 10 when you turned the difficulty settings from lets say pro to allstar it seems like it made the computer uncontrollably good. Like cheating good cause it seemed no matter how hard I tried to shoot my open shots I couldn't make them but the computer was able to make all its shots with Pau Gasol, Bynum, and lamar jumping basically on top of him. Will it be the same this year?

Also will fouling be equal cause it seemed impossible to draw a foul while the computer was able to draw anything they wanted?

Also after reading everyones review of the demo it seems like everyone is sayin the same thing and that is your only able to adjust your shot to left hand lol, just asking is it possible to adjust your shot to right if you want?

# 125 Altimus @ 06/24/10 05:45 PM
Very impressive demonstration. I was hoping to see some more defense of the offensive player penetrating. Reason is last year if the dribbler got ahead of you it was a done deal usually. You had no chance at recovery as even if you caught up, you would just swat aimlessly. This year with the new physics, will we be able to recover and properly go for the shot block? If yes, will there also be a risk factor such as committing to a bad shot block and knocking the other player to the ground for a hard foul.

# 126 rEAnimator @ 06/24/10 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live_4real
I have a simple question, if I am not mistaken, the turbo/sprint button is gone, am I correct???

If so, what is the thought process behind it???

Shouldnīt you be able, to change gears, in for example, a fast-break play, of-course having an affect on the fatigue of the player, but if you want to play an up-tempo game.... will the game allow you to do it???

PeAcE
Sorry, didn't mean to keep avoiding this question, but I kind of was only because it's not a simple one line answer and I needed to wait until I had a bit of time to type.

The simple answer is that we're going to decide what speed your player is moving at based on the context and what direction you're pressing on the left stick. This works very well in 90% of the cases and keeps you from having to worry about it and focus on the other controls.

There are the last 10% where things get a little trickier. One was on defense, and when we met with the community guys up here they really wanted to be able to control a quick hop on defense, and that became the slide mechanic you've seen and read about. Again, thanks to the community guys for that one, it's shaping up to be an awesome feature.

So anyway, that button gives you a speed burst, but is very different from the traditional turbo button. It's a tap mechanic, so you tap it each time you want the slide. Holding it down does nothing. It also introduces a nice risk/reward element with the ankle breakers you've seen along with a bunch more things I don't want to get into now.

The other area is as you pointed out, in transition. We haven't finished the transition game yet, so things aren't finalized on that front. We have similar concerns as you do and are working to address them. I'm confident we'll come up with something as we have several options available. Just need to try them out for real and choose the best one.

Also, keep in mind that you can always slow your player down by partially deflecting the left stick, so you will have that aspect of speed control as well.

Hope that answers the question enough for you.

# 127 BattleTested20 @ 06/24/10 06:48 PM
Thanks for answering our questions guys, really appreciate it!

Is there going to be any control or thing we can do on defense to contest shots without having to push up on the R-stick to block the shot??

Thanks!

# 128 rEAnimator @ 06/24/10 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleTested20
Thanks for answering our questions guys, really appreciate it!

Is there going to be any control or thing we can do on defense to contest shots without having to push up on the R-stick to block the shot??

Thanks!
Yes, but I don't know what it's going to be yet. This was raised by the community guys as well, and we all brainstormed a bunch of different ideas.

We're going to try out a few of them and go with the one that feels the best.

# 129 Earl1963 @ 06/24/10 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator
Yes, but I don't know what it's going to be yet. This was raised by the community guys as well, and we all brainstormed a bunch of different ideas.

What about using Y/triangle?

# 130 NoTiCe_O @ 06/24/10 06:54 PM
rEAnimator thanks for the answers, its really appreciated.

My question is: Will still be able do pull off those baseline reverse moves? ala kobe scoop under the hoop type layup, and basically shielding yourself with the rim. And if its still in how would you pull that off ?

# 131 Live_4real @ 06/24/10 07:16 PM
Quote:
Sorry, didn't mean to keep avoiding this question, but I kind of was only because it's not a simple one line answer and I needed to wait until I had a bit of time to type.

The simple answer is that we're going to decide what speed your player is moving at based on the context and what direction you're pressing on the left stick. This works very well in 90% of the cases and keeps you from having to worry about it and focus on the other controls.

There are the last 10% where things get a little trickier. One was on defense, and when we met with the community guys up here they really wanted to be able to control a quick hop on defense, and that became the slide mechanic you've seen and read about. Again, thanks to the community guys for that one, it's shaping up to be an awesome feature.

So anyway, that button gives you a speed burst, but is very different from the traditional turbo button. It's a tap mechanic, so you tap it each time you want the slide. Holding it down does nothing. It also introduces a nice risk/reward element with the ankle breakers you've seen along with a bunch more things I don't want to get into now.

The other area is as you pointed out, in transition. We haven't finished the transition game yet, so things aren't finalized on that front. We have similar concerns as you do and are working to address them. I'm confident we'll come up with something as we have several options available. Just need to try them out for real and choose the best one.

Also, keep in mind that you can always slow your player down by partially deflecting the left stick, so you will have that aspect of speed control as well.

Hope that answers the question enough for you.

Np, I didnīt insisted because I know you have work to do, so thanks for your time.

The question was answered, of course it left myself a little intrigued, specially on transitions

When defending on half-court isnīt as important, the little slides, will help players be quickly in ideal position, instead of the turbo, in-fact the non existence of turbo, on D makes it more real, but in transition, on defense and offense, it is hard to see how can my player change gear, or recuperate ground when the guy with the ball is already in front of me.

And as we know the physycal aspect of the game is as important as pure skill, and transition defense/ofense, can make those wow moments, were you can dunk on someone, or block a layup attempt, like those LBJ like to do (example).

There should be a way t o change gears, even if it is just for 0,1s, damaging the fatigue, so that people would not abuse this ability, but I am confident that you will make a way, because you now what the b-ball game is all about, to make real transitions happen realistically

And of course you just answered what you could, because the game is not finished yet

PeAcE

# 132 kumamae_33 @ 06/24/10 07:21 PM
Quote:

Is this about the hands up only button in defense??? Can we still do a hands up only defense in Elite 11 coz I heard/read that moving the right analog stick up will make the defender contest the shooter? In Live 10 if you move and hold the right analog stick up your player will raise his 2 hands up while defending and pressing the triangle button will contest the shooter. How about the hand in the face while guarding the shooter? Did you guys add it in elite 11?

# 133 Rob. D @ 06/24/10 07:41 PM
I assume we can now pick any player from any team to practice with? I hope its not limited like in Live 10 was especially with this new shooting mechanic.

# 134 BiggD @ 06/24/10 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtownsboy
I assume we can now pick any player from any team to practice with? I hope its not limited like in Live 10 was especially with this new shooting mechanic.
i agree...we are really gonna need to practice with different players

# 135 Rasco11 @ 06/24/10 08:50 PM
Love the control scheme! 3 Questions:

1) does playing good defensive have any impact on the shot marker/release point for the offensive player? Is it just blocks and steals or do we somehow get rewarded for staying on our man or pressuring them into a bad shot?

2) Can offensive players get hot? Meaning, will their shot marker/release point get bigger, and/or more of a built in cushion with forgiveness in left/right mis-direction of shot) during games? Likewise, will the release points/accuracy get smaller during an off-night?

3) I love the idea of the whole shooting mechanic, however I fear it could really hurt online play? It just seems on the surface that any sort of lag online will make this awesome feature beyond frustrating. Will we just have to adapt to various connections? Obviously you can't promise lag free, but are there other things being done to potentially address this?

Thanks...

# 136 JkA3 @ 06/24/10 09:11 PM
looks pretty revolutionary. I will say that the shooting part my be a problem for some people. looks cool though.

# 137 rEAnimator @ 06/25/10 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomonkey
is there a sweet spot and power meter for hook shots in the post?
also, is there a sweet spot/power meter for layups and dunks? can you miss a layup or dunk if you mess up the sweet spot/ power meter?

thanks.
There is definitely both a power meter and aiming sweet spot for hook shots.

For layups and dunks I think only the aim still applies but the power doesn't.

I'd have to double check that though.

# 138 blingballa333 @ 06/25/10 02:07 PM
Quote:
There is definitely both a power meter and aiming sweet spot for hook shots.

For layups and dunks I think only the aim still applies but the power doesn't.

I'd have to double check that though.
So does that mean a layup will go in everytime?

# 139 rEAnimator @ 06/25/10 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blingballa333
So does that mean a layup will go in everytime?
No, it means the only way you can miss a layup is by miss aiming it.

Layups are way easier than shots and I don't expect to see many that miss, but it is possible.

# 140 blingballa333 @ 06/25/10 02:18 PM
Quote:
No, it means the only way you can miss a layup is by miss aiming it.

Layups are way easier than shots and I don't expect to see many that miss, but it is possible.
With how big the green sweet spot will be near the hoop I find it hard to believe somebody will miss-aim.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.