Home
Backbreaker News Post

A major patch for Backbreaker is in the works.

Quote:
"I wanted to share something with you. We’ve had to hold back on discussing this for the past couple of weeks but today I can finally tell you that we have been working on a major patch for Backbreaker.

The patch will address many issues and requests raised by the Backbreaker community, so thank you for your valuable input. Further information will follow in good time, but you should be aware that this is something that we are taking seriously and will not be rushing out."

Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 81 bkrich83 @ 07/05/10 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut XX
LOL. Some of us have probably played more football on the field, than you have watched on TV.

Based on your posts, you really have a lot to learn about football.
Umm. You think so huh? Now that is funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxdisciplexxx
Everywhere you go you see these BB camera supporters crying over the mention of change followed by insults on your lack of football knowledge and then the THIS IS REAL FOOTBALL & YOU ARE AN IDIOT.
It's the standard defense when they can't make their point.. It's like 3rd grade all over again.

# 82 bkrich83 @ 07/05/10 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM RULES
Dude, you are not making any sense. I think that most of us have a preference, and that is fine. When you talk about changing an existing camera angle just to satisfy your preference sounds a bit selfish. Improve upon it is cool, but change it to "God view"; no.

I could understand if this was the only game on the market, then you would have a valid point. Since it is not, and you have a choice, then I agree with the camera supporters. I would not mind small changes to enhance the current viewpoint. But some of you want the exact same camera as the other game, and that is not what the BB devs wanted to do. The other game has not changed their view, so why should BB?

If they decide to include multiple views in the future, that still will not increase their sells. People like you would then start to complain that they do not have the NFL license. Then you would complain about not being able to glide, rocket catch, or anything else associated with other games. If people are able to accept other games for what they are, then why is is so difficult to accept this game for what it is? It is okay to want the game to improve in certain areas, but to say that you will not play it because of a camera angle seems a bit childish to me. But, that is just my opinion.
So you're saying having more choices for camera angles is a bad thing and selfish? In any other game on the market it's the opposite. I understand the need to defend the game, but come on.

# 83 bkrich83 @ 07/05/10 12:57 PM
Quote:
I have not seen a QB look straight down the center of the field after the snap, unless a receiver is there, or to quickly look off a DB in zone coverage, a LB, or a safety. Are you saying that your QB should look down the center of the field after the snap each time, regardless if any receivers are there?
9 times out of 10 your first read in your drop is the safeties. Watch the safeties and more often than not you know coverage and you know where coverage is going to dictate where you are going to throw to.

Simple example. Let's say I am running a play that has my X running a dig, and my Z running a post. I drop back and see the defense is 3 deep coverage. My read is the FS. If he jumps the dig, I am going to the post. If he drops gains depth so as to stay on top of the post, I am going to the dig. You generally aren't looking at your WR's first. You read safety, they give away the coverage most of the time, then you make your reads from there and throw the ball where coverage dictates you throw.

Simplistic example, but I think you get the point.

# 84 bkrich83 @ 07/05/10 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
These comments arent directed towards anyone specific, just a randon rant:

I couldnt agree more with the above poster. The current BB camera supporters are a HUGE minority. In the BB forum poll, the users have voted for the Madden cam, over the BBcam...and thats just the people that actually visit the BB forum(not much), and havent already forgot about BB completely. Those poll votes are from the BB faithfulls. Imagine if that poll were not on the BB forums, the current cam would have gotten crushed on the poll. Not many at all want it. You cam supporters are a huge minority, and one of the reasons this is always going to be a niche game until its fixed.

I somewhat like the current close cam myself, but it needs redone. The QB camera after snap is hideous. It is in NO WAY realistic at all. When you take a snap as a QB you arent forced to look right or left, and see no center. The camera should have stayed centered, and buttons should have looked right or left(shoulder buttons so you can use the madden icon button passing system easily with it. Using the left stick to look left and right wont work, you cant hold a stick left or right and press a icon button at the same time, its too hard. Try it on your controllers)

If you BB fanboys want to see actual online opponents, a BB2, or BB3, etc.....you might want to rethink the way you post your comments. It really makes people less interested in following Backbreaker progress.I was a huge supporter in the begining, and after having to read so many of you BB supporters crying on leaving the current cam alone, I stopped visiting BB forums. Its a waste of time.

If you prefer the close cam great, but to act like it cant be changed for the majority to like it, is insane. Speciallly if they keep the option of the close cam in the game.

You cry for more options in sports games, until its a option you dont want personally. Very sad.
Well put. That said, imo, the only cam that needs to be tweaked is the passing cam. Although, when running the ball, the cam seems to be on the wrong shoulder, I think it should be on the outside shoulder, to give you a better view..

# 85 bkrich83 @ 07/05/10 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
I would like to look around with my head by using the RS and pass with buttons along with having a better o-line. Would you like that?

I think that would be best, but what I do not want is the standard madden cam. It's clear that passing is one of the weaker aspects of the game (not just because of actual passing, but also too good of safeties) ...so I want them to tweak that, but I don't want them copying that camera.
I think if they raise the camera a little bit so that there was a little better depth perception, allowed you to move your head freely so as to read your keys, and then allowed you to snap to your WR's I could live with that.

# 86 bkrich83 @ 07/05/10 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut XX
LOL. Please explain how their passing system is not more realistic than the other game? Your funny, thanks for the laugh. I am looking forward to the patch, and I hope that you are too.
You mean other than not being able to read the safeties and then going directly to whatever target coverage dicates for that play? You mean other than lack of depth perception? You mean other than having to cycle through your recievers in a strict linear order?

# 87 bkrich83 @ 07/05/10 01:10 PM
Quote:
Nope, I am saying changing the camera to appease the other game fanboys is bad. It takes away from the unique experience that this game offers, and what separates it from the other game. Improving upon the current camera, and providing more options based upon that is cool.
There's a difference between change and addition. But I see no way anyone in their right mind can argue against options. Any other sports game known to man, would get and usually does get hammered by the fans for having one camera option. This game is not good enough to warrant exception from that.

I am not sure what fanboys have to do with it, other than to muddy the waters in an attempt to prove a point.

# 88 eagskerfan @ 07/05/10 01:22 PM
I understand they want a unique eperience for the camera view, but at the same time, they need to deliver what the customer wants, and if they had a way where you could move the camera back as in traditional games, they would sell more. I wonder if they have the camera real close up to hide some of the problems that may lie elsewhere in the game?

Either way, I still play the game, and am excited for the patch to come out. It's almost like getting a free sequal!!!

# 89 bkrich83 @ 07/05/10 01:36 PM
Maybe our experience levels are different. Looking at the safeties basically shows you what coverage they are in. From there you throw the ball where coverage dictates. There are exceptions obviously, usually in the 3 step passing game.

In my experience it is like 9 out of 10 times where you look safety first then go from there.

# 90 bkrich83 @ 07/05/10 02:03 PM
Quote:
The waters have been muddy since the debate started, and you have contributed to that. You can attempt to sound innocent, but anyone that have read your posts know better then that. You are advocating that this games very first attempt should be equal to other games that have been around for 10-20 years. I wonder how many options were introduced with its predecessors first attempts. I am sure that they will expand upon camera views in the future (that's called evolution). As for now, I applaud their effort of trying to introduce something new and innovative.

Now some of us are documented other game fans, I am simply a fan of football.
Actually I haven't. I don't bring up other games to from the argument. No matter what other games do or how new this game is lack of options is not good and not something that should be advocated.

# 91 bkrich83 @ 07/05/10 02:10 PM
Quote:
Yes, I think our levels are clearly different. Looking at the safety, and defensive alignment happens pre-snap, which you can currently do in this game. After the snap, sometimes all heck breaks out, and you only have time to look at your primary receiver. That is the purpose of having a primary receiver. Most plays are designed to go to a specific location, and some are read options. Based on the time you are afforded, and maybe your pre snap read, will dictate where you decide to go with the ball.

Most inexperienced QB's throw to their primary receiver regardless of the defense. That is why QB's that can read defenses, and have experience seeing multiple defenses are valuable (if they are good). Basically, many QBs do not look off the safety during the intense pressure of the game, they are more focused with getting the snap, and getting the ball out of their hands quickly. 2-5 seconds does not give you much time to look off every one on the field.
I really don't know where you came up with this. At what level did you play/coach? I'd be curious to have a discussion on this technique.

# 92 bkrich83 @ 07/05/10 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston_Tiger
Its not very arguable... you are making it that way but it is not.

There are problems with the Backbreaker passing Cam. It needs to be moved back a TOUCH and needs to be raised a little, but it being more realistic than a Blimp view is not really debatable.

Being able to see the entire field makes passing in other games a joke.

Please explain to me how having a Blimp or Broadcast cam does a good job of realistically SIMULATING the position of QB?
Where did I say anything about blimp mode?

# 93 bkrich83 @ 07/05/10 02:14 PM
Quote:
Dude, obviously you do not read your own posts.
Show me where I brought up other games.

# 94 bkrich83 @ 07/05/10 02:16 PM
Quote:
What is incorrect?
Not saying anything is. Just in all my years of playing and coaching particularly that position that didn't make sense to me. Maybe you were coqched differently.

# 95 bkrich83 @ 07/05/10 02:35 PM
Quote:
I am not trying to be funny, but with over 58,000 posts, do you ever leave the house? Maybe if you actually get out sometimes, and play the actual game, you could understand the game better. Maybe I am totally wrong, and off base, but how do you find the time to play, or watch football? Sorry, just an observation, since you questioned me.
Lol. The old post count attack. When you can't prove a point or are wrong attack the other poster. I am not home now if you must know. I am waiting for my car at the Infiniti dealer.

# 96 bkrich83 @ 07/05/10 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston_Tiger
Nm it is apparent to me that you are just trolling have a nice day.
How so? By having a differing opinion?

# 97 bkrich83 @ 07/05/10 02:41 PM
Quote:
So, in all of your years of playing and coaching, would you say that BB's camera angle is more realistic than other games?
No. Lack of depth perception and having to lock in to a receiver kills it for me. As I said I can't read the safeties during my drop. I am forced to look at a receiver. To me that's not realistic. The low angle and depth perception while more difficult is not more realistic. That's the problem with that angle, it's tough to bring 3d depth to a 2d screen at that angle.

Raise the cam a bit and don't force me to linearly cycle through WR's and allow me to scan the defense, and it would be golden.

# 98 bkrich83 @ 07/05/10 02:56 PM
Quote:

I think I proved my point, although I was not trying to.
I am sure you believe that to be true.

# 99 bkrich83 @ 07/05/10 03:04 PM
Quote:
Just out of curiosity, which game has a more realistic camera view to you?
I like APF the most. I like Madden/NCAA. While yes it's way zoomed out, I can read the defense vs. the play the way I was taught.

BB's cam to me, while more difficult and closer to the field, is to restricting to be considered realistic. In real life, I can glance at the safety or the backside LB or whomever my key may be, out of the corner of my eye in a second and then instantly respond. With BB's mechanic, that's simply not possible.

They are video games, so most realism goes out the door. Truth is, if a game was super realistic, most people would hate it.

# 100 Millennium @ 07/05/10 03:13 PM
Back on topic, before I get upset.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.