Home
UFC Undisputed 2010 News Post

Hey guys,

Most of you are well aware our UFC patch is out, I won't just simply copy-paste my message here, hit the link for the full change list if you need:

http://www.ufcundisputed.com/forums/topic/245220

On a different note, my apologies if my absence and/or lack of posting sent some unfortunate signals. The honest truth is i've been swamped with WWE and UFC meetings, and am trying to find the right balance of time, i'm pretty sure a lot of the planning meetings will die down so I can actually get down to business. That and handling both communities, both websites, and about 30 people on each end of me, i'm not gonna lie, its definitely a challenge I am adjusting to. My C&C days prepared me well though!

I realize that's not what you want to hear, but just working on getting my bearings. Our official forums need A LOT of work, we're improving them, and though I am becoming passionately tied to OS, UOC, and the rest, getting our official forums to be more like it is HERE, is one of my top goals.

I am going to start doing a lot of UFC research this summer, the goal being to get this community way more involved at an extremely early stage in our process, and building support for the UFC community in general. Told Steve i'd like to get some cool prizes here (how about a Brock Lesnar signed copy up for grabs) to give OS some fun contests.

The patch may have some associated issues, I am looking in to that with the dev team so I don't bring any exact update tonight. The stat screen prior to a match I nor the dev team have given up on, its still something I will pursue very hard.

And in general, really appreciate your guys dedication to the sport and our game in general. I hope to prove my worth as your dedicated Community Manager.

Thanks for the ***-kick Steve

For those who have downloaded the patch, how is it shaping up for you this far? What system are you on? I'm trying to isolate any issues we may still have with connections or Super CAF's.

Cheers guys,
Tank

~ Brendan Schaub wants to take some of you down, he is hardcore, met him in Vegas last weekend at TUF finale, dude can play!

Game: UFC Undisputed 2010Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
UFC Undisputed 2010 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/27/10 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feedthehorse28
What's the point in having different fighting styles if we can't take advantage of their strengths and weaknesses?

Bingo. Everybody on this game has the same moves. You got wrestlers doing judo throws, high kicks, muay thai clinches & arm triangles. BJJ fighters with stand ups on the same level as boxers.

# 42 IIIISICKNESSIII @ 06/28/10 12:02 AM
Yeah, I think you guys are right about the 'fair' nonsense. I like that I can go learn moves from different styles but I also miss being 'scared' to go to the ground with a bjj guy or to be in the clinch with a wrestler or muay thai fighter. I don't know what they should do to fix it, all I know is someone better think of something.

# 43 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/28/10 01:20 AM
They should go back to the way they had it last year. Where as if you wanted to do judo throws, you had to play as a judo fighter. If you wanted to scare people from taking you down to the ground, you played as a BJJ or Judo guy because you knew those guys had sweeps from the bottom.

If you wanted to do big slams, you played as a wrestler. Wanted to knee somebody to death, you played as a muay thai fighter. Everytime somebody picked a fighter with a certain discipline, it made you change the way you approached them because knew what they were capable of.

This year, for some dumb reason the leveled the whole damn playing field. So therefore you don't have to plan your strategy at all, you can use the same routine no matter who you playing as or playing against.

Don't have to play as a BJJ guy to sub somebody, I can just play as a striker because he has the same damn submission moves as a top level BJJ guy. When I seen I could do the americana or arm triangle with wrestlers I was like what the hell ??? There is no separation from top level BJJ guys to just regular wrestlers at all.

Sub switching needs to be overhauled. No way should the cpu automatically in 2 seconds get out of a sub switch move. If anything that should gurantee a sub because in real life that would catch a guy off guard and force him to shift his body weight in the other direction to get out of the new sub move.

However in the game, you can sub switch and the cpu will bust out like they knew it was coming and wasn't surprised at all. In a way that takes away the point of having sub switching. Sub switching suppose to be about catching your opponent off guard.

# 44 IIIISICKNESSIII @ 06/28/10 01:45 AM
Yeah I have'nt figured out the sub switching yet. I read you could switch an armbar to a triangle and vice versa but I couldnt figure out how or when to do it. Like I said earlier I have been getting subs without it but I wondered if it made getting subs easier or not. How and when do you guys get sub switches and also are there more switches or is it just the 1? Somebody help me out here. lol.

# 45 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/28/10 01:59 AM
Only a handful of fighters have sub switches, like around 4 or 5 guys. To do it just hold LB + click RS. Usually it is an armbar to a triangle or it would be a kneebar to a toe hold. Against a human yeah it makes it easier, against the cpu no. As soon as you switch the cpu bursts out of it in 2 seconds like they hercules.

# 46 IIIISICKNESSIII @ 06/28/10 02:07 AM
But do you wait till they're almost tapping or right before you start spinning the stick or what cuz when I did it it never worked but maybe I just wasn't using 1 of the right people.

# 47 Phobia @ 06/28/10 10:09 AM
Tank can you answer my questions please.

1) Can a patch to fix the reversals be done for UFC 10? Either by fixing the size of the window for reversals. Making the window for success much smaller OR by going in and adjusting each fighters window size based on their ground grapple skill in what ever role they are in.

Example. Fighter 1 has a 88 offense ground grapple and a 65 defense ground grapple. So another words when he is on top his chance of success should be much greater because of the 88 rating(bigger reversal window). But the moment he is on his back his reversal window drops in size greatly since he is only rated a 65 off his back.

2) I understand stamina can't just be adjusted. Because it would negatively effect submissions and a number of other issues. But this is a big over sight. Because now you have players going into a match and not having to use any strategy other than hold LB and wing punches and kicks. The penalty of throwing these and missing is not there. So the two changes that can be made and not effect other parts of the game is this.

The code that says, this punch removes this much temp stamina when thrown and misses. Needs to be increased by about 3 times. This way when someone throws looping missing shots they are tiring themselves out.

2nd thing you guys need to do is up the damage done for legs kicks and body shots. Someone should not take 50 leg kicks before it finally triggers a better chance take down.

Like I said I understand adjusting the main stamina is out the question. But you guys should be able to adjust punch missing stamina loss and stamina lost for body/leg shots.

3) Lastly, Is there any chance auto-transition block will be removed?? I doubt it since it is your new feature. It takes the strategy out of the ground game. I will be the first to admit I loved the new ground and pound game cause of it. But after extensive time with the game online. It is not helping the game. It is taking the chess match the first game had and removing it. Dumbing down the ground game.

I played UFC 10 over the weekend to really take a objective look at the game. I will be honest I like things about the game. I like the improvement of the stand up with the sway system and I love the new clinch system.

But once the game gets to the ground it is a utter mess. Also it is worth noting I understand the reversal system perfectly fine and can reverse almost at will for the most part. So it is not just a frustration post about hating the ground game. I literally find it is entirely to easy for EVERYONE to reverse.

This is how I rate UFC 2010

UFC 2010
Standup - 8(worse striking but sways improves it)
Stamina system - 6(arcade system right now)
Ground & Pound - 9(greatly improved)
Clinch - 9(excellent)
Submission - 7(good but needs work)
Reversal system - 3(HORRIBLE, way to easy)
ground game - 5(auto-transition block, 3 transitions and out, reversal system = horrible)

compared to UFC 09

UFC 09
Standup - 7(better striking but missing sways)
Stamina system - 9(much better post patch)
Ground & Pound - 6(needed work)
Clinch - 5(zero clinch striking almost)
Submission - 7(good but not perfect)
Reversal system - 8(much better reversal window, because of no auto block)
ground game - 8(much better ground game)

# 48 sb24 @ 06/28/10 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Only a handful of fighters have sub switches, like around 4 or 5 guys. To do it just hold LB + click RS. Usually it is an armbar to a triangle or it would be a kneebar to a toe hold. Against a human yeah it makes it easier, against the cpu no. As soon as you switch the cpu bursts out of it in 2 seconds like they hercules.

Most of my time has been spent in career mode so Im not 100% on this, but it seemed to easy to get a sub switch for me. Going after the acheivement for sub switch and getting a sub vs the cpu in under 60 seconds took one attempt for me.

I used BJ Penn vs someone with low sub D. I dont even remember if I just grabbed him and pulled guard or did a quick takedown and slapped on the sub from full fuard. Either way I let him waste energy for a max of 3 seconds while I did NOT spin the stick, did the sub switch, and let him waste energy for another second or 2 and then started to shine and it was over. I didnt go back and try vs higher level guys but it was still easier than I expected.

# 49 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/28/10 11:46 AM
If we going to rate.......then these are mines.......

UFC 2010
Standup punches - 6
Kicks - 6 (leg kicks still don't matter enough, it's no strategy changer at all)
Stamina system - 3(arcade system right now)
Clinch - 8
Submission - 4 (bring back the buttons, add more for top level BJJ guys & judo guys, take out that have to be rocked BS in order to do a certain submission move, make the submission struggle window longer)
ground game - 2(auto-transition block, 3 transitions and out, reversal system = horrible, NO SWEEPS from the bottom this year WTF ?)

compared to UFC 09

UFC 09
Standup punches- 7(better striking but missing sways)
Kicks - 6 (legs kicks didn't matter)
Submission - 9(lacked moves, but at least it was submission struggling and you could use the buttons)
ground game - 9(you had sweeps from the bottom, made playing as a judo or BJJ guy worthwhile)

# 50 Phobia @ 06/28/10 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
If we going to rate.......then these are mines.......

UFC 2010
Standup punches - 6
Kicks - 6 (leg kicks still don't matter enough, it's no strategy changer at all)
Stamina system - 3(arcade system right now)
Clinch - 8
Submission - 4 (bring back the buttons, add more for top level BJJ guys & judo guys, take out that have to be rocked BS in order to do a certain submission move, make the submission struggle window longer)
ground game - 2(auto-transition block, 3 transitions and out, reversal system = horrible, NO SWEEPS from the bottom this year WTF ?)

compared to UFC 09

UFC 09
Standup punches- 7(better striking but missing sways)
Kicks - 6 (legs kicks didn't matter)
Submission - 9(lacked moves, but at least it was submission struggling and you could use the buttons)
ground game - 9(you had sweeps from the bottom, made playing as a judo or BJJ guy worthwhile)
Yea we got similar views of the game GMSS. I think most of everyone has the same likes and dislikes of the game. I always read the same negatives and same positives. But I have still failed to see tank address the issues I have brought up. I even PMed him and he never responded.

# 51 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/28/10 12:34 PM
I doubt he is responding to pm's, probably getting way too many of them.

# 52 IIIISICKNESSIII @ 06/28/10 01:37 PM
Since we're rating I'd say -
Striking - 6.5 - love the sways, but leg kicks are pointless + I want to SEE the damage my level 3 muay thai leg kick is doing to his right knee 15 solid hits later.
Clinch - 8.5 - love the new clinch grapple system but you need to probably get rid of auto block for transitions here too.
Grappling - 5 - I agree with you guys that the auto block for transitions is ruining UFC's awesome ground game of 09. The ref should not come stand you up unless both fighters are literally not doing anything or at least extend that timer to 15 or 20 secs but that 8 second timer or whatever has to go, it's ********! I would also suggest bringing back the jui jitsu sweeps and making the reversal system more dependant on that players grappling stats whereas right now it feels like anyone can reverse anyone with ease [I dont want to see Kimbo ever reverse Nogueira more times than him in a match ever again, lol.]
Submissions - 6.5 - I like that they have added more subs this year and the concept of sub switching but there is NO difference between the subs a Sambo wrestler can do and the subs a Jui Jitsu blackbelt can perform, also I think we should bring back the option to use power for subs even if it means 'shining' the left stick instead of the right although I used to love button mashing I understand the problem with modded controllers and thats probably part of the reason they removed it.
As far as everything else, I think just some minor adjustments are needed like adjusting the stamina and how fast you lose it throwing haymaker head kicks etc...
There's also some things to work on throughout the game and career mode that aren't gameplay isuues but are still important like they added banners this year for your carrer mode fighter but all you can put on it is like 1 of 8 background designs and then they make you pick from the tattoo art so you end up with a banner with a stupid picture of a spider or a skull. I want to be able to have my fighter's name and the camp logos I earned on my banner not a stupid tattoo of a skull. I mean come on people this is common sense almost, I mean how do you leave THAT out.
How about making the fighters age thru career mode untill they retire and you can have the computer generate 'rookies' just like every other sports title out there instead of making me fight thru a weight class to get to the top and then making me fight the same 4 fighters over and over again untill they're in their 50s and then I get forced to retire at 32 years old.
This game still has lots of issues to adress as far as core gameplay, online play, and career mode, but it is only the 2nd game they've put out so I'm just hoping some of this stuff gets some attention and tlc on the next installment or even better, the next patch.

# 53 sirjam @ 06/28/10 03:31 PM
Have you guys been able to get flash subs at all, like the CPU does? I can get subs now on the regular. Thank you Skillz. I jus wanna be able to do it now without having to kill the body or by blocking transitions for 2-3 rounds.

# 54 mgoblue @ 06/28/10 04:48 PM
Subbing is way easy now lol (and I was complaining pre-patch)...

All you have to do with a BJJ guy is clinch suplex to side control, arm triangle (without shine or strength), that takes you to half guard when he gets out...repeat until energy's a little low, then slap it on and shine hardcore.

It's also easy from the bottom if the guy is using his energy, slap on the triangle from full guard, butterfly, or rubber guard.

I have had a little trouble against decent ground guys on expert, because they're more likely to reverse me and get me in a bad spot.

I know Maia's awesome at subs, but he can seriously sub at will if you just get their energy down a bit on Expert.

I'm interested to see exactly how EA does submissions, I think I'm tiring of this system and its limitations, I dunno.

# 55 oChaos_Nine @ 06/29/10 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feedthehorse28
If you get their temporary stamina bar to be completely empty when you start the submission, it takes about a second and a half of shining and they'll tap. That's what I would consider a flash submission and it can be accomplished in one of two ways.

1) Work the clinch (against the cage or not, it doesn't really matter) until they become gassed, then take them down and slap on the first submission available.

2) Gain side control and attempt and arm triangle but don't shine, just let their stamina run all the way down. Then once they escape you should still be in side control so just try it again and this time shine.

Both of those are kind of cheating, but hey, it's no more cheap then CPU subbing you with full stamina after getting their *** handed to them the whole fight.
I think you meant to say get to mount and let them escape which puts you back in side control and try it again. Unless top BJJ guys don't lose the position if you don't shine.

And I also hate the sub system as it is now. I can tell that after the patch the game plays a little better but the sub system still sucks and you have to be cheap to submit someone.

# 56 allBthere @ 06/30/10 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Fatigue
Flash sub, not really - but sub within 45 seconds of the 1st round with top level submission guys, yes. It still relies on tactics to bring down their energy, though.

It doesn't seem any easier or harder to me, actually. Feels exactly the same.
since the patch i have 3 flash sub's online...have yet to get flash ko, but had one on me once.

All of my flash's came from arm-bar's catching a punch from guard, 2 with kenny florian.

# 57 Illustrator76 @ 06/30/10 09:42 PM
How many guys are sticking with UFC 2010 and how many are going back to UFC 2009? I'm curious to know.

# 58 TheShizNo1 @ 06/30/10 10:27 PM
I'm back to 2009. Loving it too.

# 59 DavonBrown @ 06/30/10 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76
How many guys are sticking with UFC 2010 and how many are going back to UFC 2009? I'm curious to know.
I'm running with 2009.

# 60 imaged @ 07/01/10 04:57 AM
With the cap of 50 on sparring sessions it's virtually impossible to compete in career mode. Why not just cap the CAFs to the best real UFC fighter in that weight division's overall rating when fighting online? Essentially, you guys ruined your career mode for the sake of online play.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.