Home
MLB 10 News Post

Quote:
"SportsConnect Name: OSFM V4ReRated
Sendspace File: http://www.sendspace.com/file/xck4yk

O.S. Full Minors V.4

Includes the Full Minors rosters with all credit to Knight165, RidinDwnKinglsey and KSig24.

Includes Faces by Knight165, Mr. Franchise and the great team of contributors to that aspect.

Includes the Stances and Accessories by Strut24 and the community at large who provided information for their local / favorite players.

Includes the Pitch and Stamina Edits by RAZRr1275 and Pope300hitter05.

Includes the majority of SCEA created players, both pitchers and hitters, re-rated utilizing the Roster Tools program using a true (non-weighted) 3 year rating average (07-08-09) as a base. These ratings were then modified in an attempt to mirror 2010 performance. Note that some SCEA created players were not modified due to lack of MLB service time and small sample set.

Full credit for this version to Bahnzo for all the work he does on the Roster Tool.

Full credit and especially thanks to ThirdDegree5803 who put in a ton of time working of this roster version.

Enjoy and please leave feedback.

V4.1 to come - Different Stamina edits."
-----------------------------------------------------

OS Full Minors v4 (Franchise File)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
franchise file, let me know if anything is missed.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0n3kkc

-----------------------------------------------------

OS Full Minors v4.1 (Franchise File)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 slim420 @ 06/26/10 01:23 PM
Hey, i had a quick question regarding Pelfrey. His pitches seem to be a bit odd. He has no FB... Can anyone clarify?

# 62 mattlanta @ 06/26/10 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcabc
i thought v4.1 would address starter stamina, not v4.
Bah... I'm all confused now with all these stamina edits...

# 63 JaSnake16 @ 06/26/10 01:39 PM
Quote:
i thought v4.1 would address starter stamina, not v4.
This is correct, the stamina numbers in v.4 are exactly the same with 1 or 2 exceptions to v.3 (Kris Medlen and one other reliever turned starter I cant remember). V4.1 will have different stamina edits. NO ETA! It shouldnt take too long once we get started and not to speak for TD, but my brain needs a few days to reset.

Funny stuff: So I decide to play my first fantasy franchise using the roster Im a little responsible for with these ratings. Mys sons asleep so I draft a pretty nice Brave team. Carlos Gonzalez, David Wright, Miguel Montero, Matt Kemp, Adam LaRoche. My starter on OD is Derek Lowe (Pelfrey is my highest ranked SP but I give the vet the nod LOL). Facing a Cub team with Vernon Wells, Jorge Cantu, Todd Helton and a few other decent hitters. Facing Javy Vazquez. Thennnnnnnn...a football game breaks out, Wells 2 homers by the 3rd for them (both completely my fault), Gonzalez 2 homers for me, Vazquez through 4 6 ER, 9 hits, 1 BB. Lowe meanwhile only goes 3 8 hits, 5 ER. Bob Kepel comes in and promptly serves up a homer LMFAO. Exactly how I planned it to work out LOL. But hey this is a video game and it just goes to show that its gonna happen.

# 64 RAZRr1275 @ 06/26/10 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim420
Hey, i had a quick question regarding Pelfrey. His pitches seem to be a bit odd. He has no FB... Can anyone clarify?
What? He should have a sinker

# 65 abcabc @ 06/26/10 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
What? He should have a sinker

he does... Pitchtype1 is a sinker... 2, slurve, 3 splitter, 4 curveball, none for 5.

# 66 abcabc @ 06/26/10 01:55 PM
nice work jasnake, some quick observations on the NNY... i see looks like Jeter is the 95 score at clutch, highest on the team. i like the speed seperation between posada and cervelli, compared to SCEA stock, nice! now cervelli can be a pinch runner... he's now on par w/ cano, pena, etc... i thought it odd though, but could be right... clutch for cano and gardner are = at 68. on that down side, my SCEA stock roster secret weapon pinch hitter of the bench my main man Marcus Thames has a massive power drain... but accurate... and now, the NNY bench is neutered, just like in real life.

# 67 Shady13 @ 06/26/10 01:56 PM
Thanks a lot for all the hard work on these great rosters. I think I'm going to wait for V4.1 with the stamina edits before I start, but I had a quick question.

I usually play Season mode because I don't like to bother with all the other stuff that comes with Franchise mode. However, I would like to take advantage of HustlinOwls's franchise file.

Is it possible to start a franchise without having to do the other stuff (e.g. budgets, hot dog prices, promotions, etc)? In other words, Franchise mode without all the perks so that it plays like Season mode? Thanks.

# 68 mikenoob @ 06/26/10 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady13
Thanks a lot for all the hard work on these great rosters. I think I'm going to wait for V4.1 with the stamina edits before I start, but I had a quick question.

I usually play Season mode because I don't like to bother with all the other stuff that comes with Franchise mode. However, I would like to take advantage of HustlinOwls's franchise file.

Is it possible to start a franchise without having to do the other stuff (e.g. budgets, hot dog prices, promotions, etc)? In other words, Franchise mode without all the perks so that it plays like Season mode? Thanks.
You can automate it so the CPU does things like Marketing or whatever.

# 69 Shady13 @ 06/26/10 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenoob
You can automate it so the CPU does things like Marketing or whatever.
Thanks. I'll give this a try.

# 70 ThirdDegree5803 @ 06/26/10 02:25 PM
I got R.A. Dickey's stamina at least up to 68 but we'll go w/ 65...sorry I missed changing him fellas I guess the brain got a little fried there late...I also noticed that Daniel Cabrera's stamina w/ BAL was a little low...I'd have it at least at a 54 but idk...are there anymore catchers that need their blocking adjusted? you said Castro's needs to be a 70 Ja?

# 71 mikenoob @ 06/26/10 02:27 PM
So it's safe to assume that these current created rosters are set to play a good game. I was planning on picking up MLB 10 when the rosters were mostly completed. Should I pick it up now or wait for another version?

# 72 ThirdDegree5803 @ 06/26/10 02:27 PM
does Jeter's clutch rating seem a bit high to you guys? he's not killin the ball this year...

# 73 Dean3790 @ 06/26/10 02:29 PM
I am doing some more testing and figured I'd report it. Yovani Gallardo averages 110.38 pitches per start. In the game, his energy bar empties at 105.

This isn't necessarily that bad. But should he have no energy left at the end of every start? Will he recover in time for the next start? I am doing these in exhibition mode so I don't know.

I feel like a guy who averages 110 pitches should not be depleted entirely of energy until about 120 or 125 pitches.

# 74 ajf718 @ 06/26/10 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdDegree5803
I got R.A. Dickey's stamina at least up to 68 but we'll go w/ 65...sorry I missed changing him fellas I guess the brain got a little fried there late...I also noticed that Daniel Cabrera's stamina w/ BAL was a little low...I'd have it at least at a 54 but idk...are there anymore catchers that need their blocking adjusted? you said Castro's needs to be a 70 Ja?
What would you suggest jason castro blocking should be third.

# 75 abcabc @ 06/26/10 02:49 PM
Quote:
does Jeter's clutch rating seem a bit high to you guys? he's not killin the ball this year...
Hey, it's a multi year average!

anyway, jeter got back to .300 like a 1.5 weeks ago, after being around .280 for like 2 weeks off of .300 at the start of the season, now he's back down the .280ish...

well, not sure how much it helps when you control his at bat though in this game... it's so subjective, but if he gets lowered, cano needs to be much higher. Arod is pretty darn clutch w/ RISP this yr too i think... so has cervelli been. in otherwords whenever the team leader in clutch rating needs to fall in line properly w/ everyone else, and it should be across teams in the AL as well, even MLB. Same goes for the other semi/quasi rating, stamina.

# 76 RAZRr1275 @ 06/26/10 02:50 PM
Quote:
You can go 68 if you want too. Leave Cabrera as he is. He'll get changed when you guys do the full overhaul
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean3790
I am doing some more testing and figured I'd report it. Yovani Gallardo averages 110.38 pitches per start. In the game, his energy bar empties at 105.

This isn't necessarily that bad. But should he have no energy left at the end of every start? Will he recover in time for the next start? I am doing these in exhibition mode so I don't know.

I feel like a guy who averages 110 pitches should not be depleted entirely of energy until about 120 or 125 pitches.
Durability is the recovery rating not stamina

# 77 RAZRr1275 @ 06/26/10 02:50 PM
Quote:
he does... Pitchtype1 is a sinker... 2, slurve, 3 splitter, 4 curveball, none for 5.
Oh okay that's right then. He must have meant 4sfb or 2sfb

# 78 Bondsfan @ 06/26/10 03:06 PM
I didn't play with V3, so I'm making the jump from V2 to V4. My first impression when looking over the rosters is that I love the hitting ratings. My second impression was holy crap, the pitchers pitches have really been changed around. I don't think anyone throws a 4-seam FB anymore. Barry Zito now has 2 curve balls. The pitch selection seems kind of nuts to me. No doubt whoever did them did their research though, its just radically different than what I'm used to.

# 79 slim420 @ 06/26/10 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
Oh okay that's right then. He must have meant 4sfb or 2sfb
shouldnt he have a 4SFB or 2SFB?
I know he throws sinkers with splitters here and there, but does he really throw slurves or CBs?

# 80 abcabc @ 06/26/10 03:33 PM
bondsfan, if you played last yr w/ these edited rosters it sounds like you didnt... it does change radically... as of v3 for this yr, all the pitch edits set for real life pitch movement, so the straight 4seamer is pretty much nonexistent in real life mlb, so it's near extinct as of v3, and carryover into v4 of course.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.