Home
MLB 10 News Post

Quote:
"SportsConnect Name: OSFM V4ReRated
Sendspace File: http://www.sendspace.com/file/xck4yk

O.S. Full Minors V.4

Includes the Full Minors rosters with all credit to Knight165, RidinDwnKinglsey and KSig24.

Includes Faces by Knight165, Mr. Franchise and the great team of contributors to that aspect.

Includes the Stances and Accessories by Strut24 and the community at large who provided information for their local / favorite players.

Includes the Pitch and Stamina Edits by RAZRr1275 and Pope300hitter05.

Includes the majority of SCEA created players, both pitchers and hitters, re-rated utilizing the Roster Tools program using a true (non-weighted) 3 year rating average (07-08-09) as a base. These ratings were then modified in an attempt to mirror 2010 performance. Note that some SCEA created players were not modified due to lack of MLB service time and small sample set.

Full credit for this version to Bahnzo for all the work he does on the Roster Tool.

Full credit and especially thanks to ThirdDegree5803 who put in a ton of time working of this roster version.

Enjoy and please leave feedback.

V4.1 to come - Different Stamina edits."
-----------------------------------------------------

OS Full Minors v4 (Franchise File)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
franchise file, let me know if anything is missed.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0n3kkc

-----------------------------------------------------

OS Full Minors v4.1 (Franchise File)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 RAZRr1275 @ 06/26/10 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim420
shouldnt he have a 4SFB or 2SFB?
I know he throws sinkers with splitters here and there, but does he really throw slurves or CBs?
Nope. Pelfrey uses almost exclusively a sinker and he has a slider/curve hybrid pitch hence the slurve.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
I didn't play with V3, so I'm making the jump from V2 to V4. My first impression when looking over the rosters is that I love the hitting ratings. My second impression was holy crap, the pitchers pitches have really been changed around. I don't think anyone throws a 4-seam FB anymore. Barry Zito now has 2 curve balls. The pitch selection seems kind of nuts to me. No doubt whoever did them did their research though, its just radically different than what I'm used to.
Yeah it's supposed to be a massive change but you'll also notice a difference in gameplay as with the edits you will see that it's harder to control pitches and at the same time slightly easier to get ks and is also harder to hit.

# 82 Bondsfan @ 06/26/10 03:41 PM
Yep, this is my first year with a PS3, so first year with the rosters.

The odd thing is, if noone in the MLB actually throws a 4seam FB, why the heck to SCEA give that pitch as the primary pitch to every single pitcher in the game? I just don't understand why the don't include accurate pitches in the official rosters.

# 83 Dean3790 @ 06/26/10 03:43 PM
If v4.1 is just fixing stamina, do we really need it? Can we just up the starter stamina slider?

# 84 DJ @ 06/26/10 04:02 PM
Played a couple of games with the roster set and really enjoyed it. Used Seattle against San Diego and won 6-4 in 10 innings. Struck out 11 times, but did manage 12 hits, all but one (a double) were singles. King Felix was solid, going 7 innings (110 pitches) and struck out 8 and allowed 3 runs.

Took these into Franchise, using the Rockies and won 9-1 in the opener against the Brewers. Milwaukee committed 3 errors, which really hurt them. Cargo went 3-for-3 with a double and triple, Tulo hit a nice opposite-field double and I finished with 10 hits and 8 strikeouts. Ubaldo was solid, went 7.2 innings (105 pitches), walked 3, struck out 6, allowed 4 hits and 1 run.

Definitely tougher to hit, but I like the challenge and pitching is a blast with the pitch edits.

Great work everyone!

# 85 hope4bob @ 06/26/10 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean3790
If v4.1 is just fixing stamina, do we really need it? Can we just up the starter stamina slider?
The only thing I can see to possibly wait for is a "franchise" file where somebody
else fixes the rosters at end of Spring Training. I've played a number of
exhibition games with these new rosters and they are fantastic! The game
has been bumped up a notch in all aspects. It is harder but let's call it
more challenging.

So let me see if I have this right.

1. Start franchise with 30 team control
2. Sim to end of spring training
3. Go through all 30 teams fixing their 40 man rosters/lineups
4. Go to regular season and save. or do I save it at end of ST before going
regular season.

or...

Just play around until someone else does it for me.

Great job to all involved!

Reading the v3 thread was almost as much
fun as playing the game.

Thanks again,

bob

# 86 abcabc @ 06/26/10 04:34 PM
Quote:

i think what can be interesting w/ v4.1 stamina re-edits is it will use Banzho's Roster Tools program to give attributes for stamina, as it was used for all the batting attributes that came w/ 4.0, also v4.1 could have any tweaks that we report after playtesting v4.0, and have more visual updates like equipment.

# 87 abcabc @ 06/26/10 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
Yep, this is my first year with a PS3, so first year with the rosters.

The odd thing is, if noone in the MLB actually throws a 4seam FB, why the heck to SCEA give that pitch as the primary pitch to every single pitcher in the game? I just don't understand why the don't include accurate pitches in the official rosters.
someone at SCEA isn't putting effort to sit down and do what these guys have done. it's been like this for a few yrs, they don't address it while they boast how real and sim like their game is, and it is, but not in this area for sure. And maybe they leave the 4sfb in there to make it easier for people to get into the game, else if you're casual, you'd give up playing... seriously it was hard even at stock SCEA for a beginner to the MLB series... as in it took hours to be able to learn to get adequate in hitting, esp. if someone doesn't play baseball games (has no history in tracking a ball on a LCD) so a FB w/ movement would be even harder... as it is, this ain't Wii fit baseball.

# 88 Dean3790 @ 06/26/10 04:40 PM
Nevermind, I think we need a v4.1. David Price, averages 106.57 pitches per start, is completely drained at 92. And this is with the slider for starter stamina at 6 now.

# 89 abcabc @ 06/26/10 04:50 PM
Quote:
Nevermind, I think we need a v4.1. David Price, averages 106.57 pitches per start, is completely drained at 92. And this is with the slider for starter stamina at 6 now.
that's pretty bad.. btw i've playtested v4.0 w/ starter stamina at 8, forget about 7, not that my verdict is out on it for 8. I just saw Josh Becket get pulled within the 5th inning... he pitched about 75 pitches (CPU)

# 90 JaSnake16 @ 06/26/10 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcabc
that's pretty bad.. btw i've playtested v4.0 w/ starter stamina at 8, forget about 7, not that my verdict is out on it for 8. I just saw Josh Becket get pulled within the 5th inning... he pitched about 75 pitches (CPU)
Guys, how much do you think is related to stamina and how much is related to manager hook. If he gave up a couple of hits and his stamina is a quarter if the hook is at normal, the pitcher will be pulled

# 91 hope4bob @ 06/26/10 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSnake16
Guys, how much do you think is related to stamina and how much is related to manager hook. If he gave up a couple of hits and his stamina is a quarter if the hook is at normal, the pitcher will be pulled
Jasnake do you have a certain slider set you're using with v4?

bob

# 92 JaSnake16 @ 06/26/10 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope4bob
Jasnake do you have a certain slider set you're using with v4?

bob

Bob,
I have always used PB's Perfect Slider Set with Razr's Starter Stamina, Reliever Stamina and Hook. I have always had good experience with these sliders using Knights rosters.

Interesting with the durability with starters (not the stamina), I never knew that. Wish I knew enough to ask before. Ill make a note with TD to look at that when doing 4.1.

# 93 JaSnake16 @ 06/26/10 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miles999
Daniel Cabrera isn't with the Orioles anymore.
He signed a minor league contract with the White Sox with a spring training invite, never made the team, was released, and signed another minor lc on june 10, with the Angels this time.
He's been the ... CLOSER for their AA affiliate Arkansas.
I know he said Daniel Cabrera, TD meant David Hernandez whose HR/9 was originally 0 but we increased to 38 since hes been more effective as a reliever.

# 94 abcabc @ 06/26/10 05:31 PM
Quote:
that's pretty bad.. btw i've playtested v4.0 w/ starter stamina at 8, forget about 7, not that my verdict is out on it for 8.

Frankly, as I mentioned earlier this week, the bulk of MLB caliber starters can do 115+ pitches per start and maintain their fastball within 1-2mph... between their 99th pitch to their 115+

What more of them tend to display, is actually their finer control gives way... they may drop a few meatball strikes instead of less hittable corner strikes, more 'up over the plate' kinds of pitches due to mechanical fatigue, and if the batters don't miss those... well the pitcher gets pulled out of the game... this leads to the IP average due to manager hook.

but you don't see too many starting pitchers behave the way a zero energy bar starter behaves in v3-v4 bet. pitch 90-100, let alone 100-110,

# 95 abcabc @ 06/26/10 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSnake16
i see... then the manager hooks occur in game earlier now on avg, due to the energy of the starter going byebye faster... but in my 1 example, Beckett is a pitcher set w/ very good stamina. he just gave up 4 walks to me in 5 innings and got relieved in if i recall, at the end of his inning. when i played about half a season w/ v2, the manager cpu hooks were very realistic, starters went deep even if they got hit around a bit. i have mgr hook at default. (5) just like for v2 btw.

# 96 Dean3790 @ 06/26/10 06:20 PM
It is solely stamina related. I am mainly testing by playing games and throwing pitches with my starter until he is completely depleted on energy. If Price is AVERAGING 106 per game, and he can't reach 92 without draining all of his energy, AND the starter stamina is at 6, how can RAZR say these are realistic? So every time Price has pitched he has been running on absolute empty for at least 15 pitches? That's a whole inning worth of pitches with ABSOLUTELY 0 ENERGY. That's insane.

RAZR said these weren't for simmed stats and that he didn't care about producing unrealistic sim stats. Now, they are producing unrealistic played game stats. He could at least admit this and try to help out. I really appreciate all the work you guys put in and love to use these rosters, but this issue is killing it for me now.

# 97 Majingir @ 06/26/10 06:36 PM
how updated is the roster for this file

# 98 MoleDude @ 06/26/10 07:08 PM
Quote:
RAZR said these weren't for simmed stats and that he didn't care about producing unrealistic sim stats. Now, they are producing unrealistic played game stats. He could at least admit this and try to help out. I really appreciate all the work you guys put in and love to use these rosters, but this issue is killing it for me now.
What are you trying to accomplish with the slew of posts all saying the same thing? They're putting out a 4.1 with stamina edits. If you don't want to wait, go edit it yourself.

Nobody owes you, or any of us here, an apology for doing a bunch of work on rosters. Perhaps it didn't work out great this time, but it's already been established it will be changed in 4.1.

# 99 abcabc @ 06/26/10 07:12 PM
Quote:
It is solely stamina related. I am mainly testing by playing games and throwing pitches with my starter until he is completely depleted on energy. If Price is AVERAGING 106 per game, and he can't reach 92 without draining all of his energy, AND the starter stamina is at 6, how can RAZR say these are realistic? So every time Price has pitched he has been running on absolute empty for at least 15 pitches? That's a whole inning worth of pitches with ABSOLUTELY 0 ENERGY. That's insane.

after breaking away from repeated exhibition games bet. nny and bos, petttitte vs beckett, i chose nny vis det. pettitte vs. rick porcello. omg the porcello guy the first inning was throwing almost all benders w/ occasional heat (his sinker)... Tex w/ a 2run shot. Porcello's second inning started off w/ 2 sinkers, then he went back to his benders. 3rd inning i hit a 2 run shot w/ Posada off Porcello. 4th inning I crush a ball to right center w/ Swisher. Porcello ends w/ 3IP 6ER 3HRs... Now to Pettitte, I go over 110 pitches, 6.1IP 3H, 4BB, 5Ks, he is totally gassed at end the 5th inning but I was pitching a shutout and leading by 6-0 so I run him out for the 6th. so from around 95+ pitches to his final 110th, 15 pitches while totally gassed out, fastball no longer 91mph whereas in real life as i've mentioned in prior posts I still see mr. 37? yr old Andy rocking 91mph at 110pitches. Dean's observation w/ Price is the same as I've seen it. Basically the stamina is such that once zeroed, it makes the starters next 15pitches a tightrope that doesn't exist in real MLB. And w/ someone like Pettitte who's mph is lower to start off w/ than someone like Price, it's a more evident tightrope. If it wasn't a 6-0 lead, but like a 6-5 lead, i wouldn't have even run Andy back out there, and thus his stats would have been 5IP, 95pitches. That's not Andy unless he's injured. BTW this game I set the stamina slider at 8, 10 being the max.

# 100 abcabc @ 06/26/10 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoleDude
What are you trying to accomplish with the slew of posts all saying the same thing? They're putting out a 4.1 with stamina edits. If you don't want to wait, go edit it yourself.

Nobody owes you, or any of us here, an apology for doing a bunch of work on rosters. Perhaps it didn't work out great this time, but it's already been established it will be changed in 4.1.

absolutely, but i think dean's recent post that i think you are responding to, is just Dean's response to jasnake's most recent post asking if this issue is actually more w/ manager hook instead of stamina... which dean answers mostly w/ the first paragraph of his reply, but there's a bit of frustration after that in the second paragraph.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.