Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 bodymore @ 06/27/10 11:21 AM
Why do the player models look so much better in NCAA?

# 22 Senator Palmer @ 06/27/10 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodymore
Why do the player models look so much better in NCAA?
I don't know what it is but NCAA just feels like they're putting forth a better foot this year. Sitting back in my chair, everything looks nice and smooth, but when I lean in and see the close-ups, the elongated, ultra-thin bodies really stick out. Nnamdi is pretty sleek, but he looks rail-thin in the run back and celebration. We need to bring back the days when we could edit the shapes of our playes.

# 23 blakty @ 06/27/10 01:32 PM
Gus Johnson after raiders pick:
"Asomugha...WITH THE INTERCEPTION!!!"

What a buzzkill

# 24 spliff616 @ 06/27/10 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakty
Gus Johnson after raiders pick:
"Asomugha...WITH THE INTERCEPTION!!!"

What a buzzkill
At least they are pronouncing his name correctly this year.

# 25 sportyguyfl31 @ 06/27/10 02:01 PM
Um.. no one noticed the incredible abount of ground Asomugha was able to make up?

Asomugha was trailing the out by about 5 yards.

# 26 Senator Palmer @ 06/27/10 08:45 PM
It ain't hate, my man. It's frustration.

# 27 Furq @ 06/27/10 09:14 PM
Still unsure what to think. More of an NCAA fan, but kept Madden instead last year because it was a far superior game. With the improvements this year to NCAA and Madden staying relatively the same I'm not sure what to think. I have Madden preordered for only $40 right now which is why I'm not going to cancel until the last second, but so far I doubt I'll be keeping it

# 28 ch46647 @ 06/27/10 09:22 PM
Honestly, I am very skeptical of M11 but I think this video looked pretty good. The gameplay seems to have taken a decent step up from last year. The speed that this game is being played on makes it much more appealing to me then many of the other E3 videos. I am assuming this is on normal speed and everything flows much better IMO. I am really hoping Ian bumps the default speed to "normal" this year now that they have added the new locomotion system.

The games that are being played on "slow" game speed from E3 look extremely boring and almost scripted IMO.

# 29 CaliDude916 @ 06/27/10 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
It ain't hate, my man. It's frustration.
Exactly. I love Madden and buy it every year, it's just frustrating when you see a problem that was in the previous year of Madden and they haven't fixed it.

# 30 Valdarez @ 06/28/10 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOACHK
I'd like to see online gameplay speed go back to Normal too; it felt like too many times on the slow setting that I had to fight the computer to make any cuts with controlled players in Madden '10.
You mean you could actually feel the player's momentum? Are you sure about that Koach K?

# 31 KOACHK @ 06/28/10 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
You mean you could actually feel the player's momentum? Are you sure about that Koach K?
Movements with manually controlled players in Madden 11 didn't feel herky-jerky like it did in Madden 10 Val. For the most part, manually controlled players do what they're supposed to do physics-wise; the improved momentum sensitivity is especially evident in using the dual-stick controls when running with the ball.

# 32 Valdarez @ 06/28/10 10:56 AM
Quote:
Movements with manually controlled players in Madden 11 didn't feel herky-jerky like it did in Madden 10 Val. For the most part, manually controlled players do what they're supposed to do physics-wise; the improved momentum sensitivity is especially evident in using the dual-stick controls when running with the ball.
I'm not quite sure what herky jerky means unless you are referring to the zig-zagging guys would do on the faster speed. I saw guys trying to do that in one of the videos, and it made it look like the player was ice skating (literally). I like the locomotion from what I have seen on the NCAA demo. The dual stick controls are ok, but I've been using them in other games for years now, so not quite as impressive for me personally though I can understand why it would be to someone who hasn't used it before.

What did you think of the movement of the player after you got them to full speed? That's my only complaint right now with the NCAA locomotion. Once the player is at full speed they don't have the proper slow down and cut footwork that they should have when making turns. It basically keeps them at the faster speed, and looks very unrealistic in the process. Did you have any break out runs with safety help coming at you forcing you to turn in order to see the fast speed turning in action?

# 33 KOACHK @ 06/28/10 11:26 AM
Quote:
I'm not quite sure what herky jerky means unless you are referring to the zig-zagging guys would do on the faster speed. I saw guys trying to do that in one of the videos, and it made it look like the player was ice skating (literally). I like the locomotion from what I have seen on the NCAA demo. The dual stick controls are ok, but I've been using them in other games for years now, so not quite as impressive for me personally though I can understand why it would be to someone who hasn't used it before.

What did you think of the movement of the player after you got them to full speed? That's my only complaint right now with the NCAA locomotion. Once the player is at full speed they don't have the proper slow down and cut footwork that they should have when making turns. It basically keeps them at the faster speed, and looks very unrealistic in the process. Did you have any break out runs with safety help coming at you forcing you to turn in order to see the fast speed turning in action?
When I say "herky-jerky" I mean when you're running with a manually controlled player in Madden 10, not at full speed, and it feels as if the CPU wants to force you in the other direction you'd like your player to cut to. This phenomena was especially evident in Madden 10 when catching the ball and trying to run after short/quick passes and on screens. As for the momentum in Madden 11, it just feels right when moving with manually controlled players.

I'll try to see if I have any video examples of turning/cutting at fast speeds with a manually controlled player though Val. As of right now, the only breakaway run play I recall manually controlling a player with is in my other video (Jets at Ravens), running back a pick-six with Darrrelle Revis after he evades some Ravens players in the endzone. Running at full speed in that play looked and felt fine to me.

# 34 Valdarez @ 06/28/10 11:46 AM
Quote:
I'll try to see if I have any video examples of turning/cutting at fast speeds with a manually controlled player though Val. As of right now, the only breakaway run play I recall manually controlling a player with is in my other video (Jets at Ravens), running back a pick-six with Darrrelle Revis after he evades some Ravens players in the endzone. Running at full speed in that play looked and felt fine to me.
Sounds good. I'm primarily going off my experience with NCAA 2011. Did you play NCAA 2011? If so, perhaps a better question would - did you notice any difference between the locomotion in NCAA 2011 and Madden 2011? If not, then I could probably throw a quick video together later tonight from the NCAA demo to show you what I'm referring to on the quick turns at faster speeds.

# 35 ch46647 @ 06/28/10 11:54 AM
Val, NCAA said their default gamespeed is between NCAA's game speed last year and Madden's normal speed. I agree with you when players hit their top speed in NCAA things do seem to go a bit to fast. I think Madden's "normal" speed will be perfect with the new locomotion.

I believe this video is being played on "normal" and things seems to flow much better including the running animations. Most vids coming from E3 are using "slow" game speed because that is what they set it too for the demo purposes.

EDIT: The best time to focus on this is the kick off returns. I assume by the time they get to the 15 yard line they are running full speed (since Madden is using auto sprint). In this video the player looks to be moving pretty realistically throughout the course of the return. I am dissapointed Madden hasnt made more improvements for M11 but I do love the fact they completely did locomotion. This should make a HUGE difference in gameplay IMO.

# 36 KOACHK @ 06/28/10 12:02 PM
Quote:
Sounds good. I'm primarily going off my experience with NCAA 2011. Did you play NCAA 2011? If so, perhaps a better question would - did you notice any difference between the locomotion in NCAA 2011 and Madden 2011? If not, then I could probably throw a quick video together later tonight from the NCAA demo to show you what I'm referring to on the quick turns at faster speeds.
After playing NCAA '11 at E3 and coming home to play the demo, I feel that what I played at E3 was considerably different than the demo. -That made me feel like playing the demo anymore was pointless. As much as I hate to admit it; NCAA '11 and Madden '11 definitely have different feels when it comes to game mechanics; I'm not saying one is better than the other, I'm just saying it's different. The mechanics/engines for each game were definitely not different just for the sake of being different though; they were each appropriate for their particular brands of football.

# 37 kenlovin @ 06/30/10 06:45 PM
call me crazy but the skating seems more apparent on normal

# 38 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/30/10 06:54 PM
Man the more videos come out the more I want the game. I can't wait much longer. 40 more days until release. Thanks for the video steveo.

# 39 kd25 @ 06/30/10 10:10 PM
why are the flats so wide open?

# 40 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/30/10 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd25
why are the flats so wide open?
Well the flats was patched in madden 10 with the second patch. I'm assuming the flats will be covered in the final version. I wouldn't worry to much.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.