Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 DocHolliday @ 06/28/10 09:46 AM
I'm pretty unimpressed. Line palt looks pretty minimlly changed, and that was the biggest prob last year. The game feels dead, the sidelines really néed to be active like APF. The game just has no soul. Those cut scenes will get old fast, plus they are buggy as hell. Not feeling it all.

# 22 steelersfan7 @ 06/28/10 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180

My BIGGEST GRIPE is still tacklers bouncing off the invisable force shield. Why on earth cant a 2nd or 3rd tackler join in or vinish off a tackle? For this to be happening in 2010 ....I cant even come up with the words to decribe how terrible this is or if I did say so I'd be banned for life. How can something that happens pretty much on every play in football STILL not happen in this game? I thought Pro Tak was supposed to fix this or be the answer? All I want to be able to do is have my 2nd defender hit the ball carrier or add on to the 1st guys attempted tackle. I am no game designer but it doesnt sound that hard and its been done before in previous games. I would love an explanation on this more than anything.
I agree with ya on this, cant they get this right, also there is no weight, momentum factor in the game either. This will never be fixed unless they start from scratch.

# 23 bxgoods @ 06/28/10 10:04 AM
The game looks good imo, the new running makes a big difference for me.
I can actually watch the replays watching getting nauseous looking at Tron running.
Only issue I see, is they should make the tackles more random. You should never see the same tackle in 2 consecutive plays. Also pro tak looks good but it doesn't happen as much as it should.

# 24 marc68 @ 06/28/10 10:22 AM
The sad thing is with ALOT of people on here not impressed with 11...it will still sell 10 million copies.

I am not impressed at all and I ALWAYS but Madden, but I am telling myself I wont...but as the season approaches......

I will cave...

# 25 marc68 @ 06/28/10 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
Frustrating is the only word i can actually think of honestly...

And why are the players spotless? Unless TB went to field turf, i am assuming players dont get dirty this year then...What gives?

Another year of waiting....thats what 5 or 6? I lost count...

Do you mean waiting for a "quality" Madden, because you played the heck out of 10,,,according to your achievements.

Just giving you some grief.

# 26 bodymore @ 06/28/10 10:40 AM
This looks like M10. After playing and watching videos for Ncaa, I don't see how they can release this. They must not talk with each other during development. Madden must have saw NCAA at the last minute and then decided to implement real assignment AI. Gameflow looks to be a gimmick.

I love how NCAA shows the blocking assignments, I don't think I saw a good double team in any of these videos.

# 27 warrior7807 @ 06/28/10 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzes93
Im really confused as to how Chad Henne is only two points better than Josh Freeman, i don't wanna sound like a homer but Henne should be a lot higher than freeman. Henne: 60.8 cmp%, 12td, 14int, 2878yds. Freeman:54.5 cmp%, 1855 yds, 10td, 18int. Pretty lopsided, and i know he only played 10 games, but 54.5% and 18int is pretty bad. He has a lot of upside though. Both teams had mediocre recieving cores so i dont know why they are so closely rated.

And just for kicks here is the sanchises stats: 53.8 cmp%, 2444yds, 12td, 20int. Arguably the worst of the three with the best team, yet rated better than both at 82. Stafford is also rated 80: 53.3 cmp%, 2,267yds, 13tds, 20int in 10 games. Pretty stupid if you ask me, all these guys should be bumped down and henne slightly up, what happened to stretched ratings?

And another thing i noticed is Kyle Orton is only rated an 80, despite having a pretty damn good season last year. 62.1 cmp%, 3802 yds, 21 tds, and 12 ints. I dont get how it is possible that he is not rated better than stafford or sanchez, it makes no sense to me.

It is clear that they dont really go that deap into the actual players to make ratings because some of this is pretty dum.

As for the gameplay i didnt really see much that stood out to me, accept the like 20 yd overthrow by the cpu henne for a pick, i dont think any nfl qb would make a throw that poor. it doesnt look greatly different, only a demo will tell.
Agree with everything. Moore needs to do his homework a little better. seems like the bigger names and hyped players are getting a 2 point overall boost at minimum

# 28 roadman @ 06/28/10 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
The whole "coach's headset and tip" thing can be turned off, right? Please tell me this can be turned off.
Yes.

I'm not commenting pros or cons until the game or demo is in my hands.

I'll be watching for all the new and not used comments float by such as:

"Is this Madden 10 or 10.5?"

"It's just Ask Madden 2.0."

"Tony Romo is talented. He can play football and ice skate."

"Locomotion doesn't look good."

PS- Don't take this seriously or personal folks. Just having fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 29 thiefinthenight @ 06/28/10 02:05 PM
Did anyone notice there is apparently an Old Spice™ Swagger rating? Check in the first video when he's going through the depth chart. Talk about going overboard on advertising.

What determines this rating? Can I draft someone specifically on their swagger rating? Can I improve this rating with workouts or is it something you're born with? Ok, I'm done.

# 30 roadman @ 06/28/10 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Hey Road,

We may not agree on certain things with the game, but one thing is for sure, you certainly can lighten the mood around here with some of your posts
I try to lighten the mood whenever possible. Need to have laughter now and then.

I can't be Joe Serious 24/7.

# 31 seriousluboy83 @ 06/28/10 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousluboy83
Donny...c'mon dude you should know this your suppose to be a bucs fan

Geno Hayes and Quincy Black need to switch side

Sammie Stroughter needs to switch to Stovall's overall rating and Stovall's to Stroughter's

Mike Williams needs to switch to Reggie Brown's overall rating and Reggie Brown's to Williams

here's a link donny so you can correct your positional errors mainly Geno and Quincy

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/depth-chart/TB

# 32 mr_president @ 06/28/10 06:10 PM
i see nothing impressive about these vids. it's 2010 and the running and tackling is still terrible.

# 33 ch46647 @ 06/28/10 07:31 PM
When this game is on "slow" game speed it looks terrible to me. It is EXTREMELY slow with the new locomotion this year and you can tell what is going to happen almost 2 seconds before it occurs. The vids COACHK has recently put up with raiders vs 49ers and Ravens vs Titans is on "normal" speed and it looks infinitely better. From the running animations, to the tackling animations (look more violent), to the pass rush and overall passing game (WR double moves actually look like double moves), to the overall flow of the game.

Please Ian, give us the atleast the option to play on-line with the "normal" game play speed this year. Since franchise mode wasnt touched this year I will be spending a majority of my time playing on-line, unfortunately. If we are forced to play on-line at the slow game speed I feel like I may have to pass on this years Madden all together.

I did play M10 on the slow game speed because I thought it helped cover up the lack of ANY locomotion. With the new locomotion I see no reason for this game to be played at a snails pace. The NFL is a fast game and I want the game to reflect that.

# 34 Chuckydjr @ 06/28/10 08:41 PM
spins way to much. must be on rookie cuz cpu couldnt do anything and the guy playing sucks.

# 35 Unforgiven @ 06/28/10 09:17 PM
GREAT to know that they still didn't fix the skin color of Vontae Davis and Sean Smith, which I asked for over and over to the devs on here and on twitter. It doesn't sound like much, but it really ruins the image for me. I can't watch them make a play and go "wow, that looks like them".

How would people feel if they made Peyton Manning some dark tan guy?

# 36 Triathlete_201 @ 06/28/10 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven
How would people feel if they made Peyton Manning some dark tan guy?
I would just think he went on vacation somewhere sunny.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.