Home
Pro Evo 2011 News Post

CVG has posted an interview with Pro Evolution Soccer 2011's European PES Team Leader at Konami, Jon Murphy.

Quote:
CVG: "What are the biggest improvements on PES 2010 in PES 2011?"

Jon Murphy: "Freedom of control - and, in fact, freedom of every element of the game. Also, the animations and also the fact the Master League is going to be online this year."

Game: Pro Evolution Soccer 2011Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 6 - View All
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 KG @ 07/05/10 03:49 PM
Is the Master League Online a chance for you to get the PES community to really pay off. They're so dedicated to the franchise...
I hope so. To be honest, at this stage I know very little about Master League Online. There's about three secret things I can't talk about, but other than that I'm still in the dark. We'll be seeing a beta version of it quite soon, which is going to be awesome - and will hopefully result in me losing quite a lot of my life.

Please work Konami servers.

# 2 LingeringRegime @ 07/06/10 04:05 PM
S.G.O.T.Y.

Get the trophy ready.

# 3 Mo @ 07/06/10 04:33 PM
cant wait to fire this up on my ps3.

# 4 Blaxican8504 @ 07/06/10 08:10 PM
This game will probably make me buy a PS3.

# 5 Guffers @ 07/07/10 02:22 AM
That was a great interview. Murphy comes across as being quite passionate about PES but fair in his assessment of FIFA. He is absolutely spot on in describing the appeal of Master League and the way it has permeated the minds of PES players for years. His honesty in admitting the faults of next gen PES was also very refreshing.

I also love that PES 5 is his favourite as it's definitely mine as well! If Konami can reach those heights again whilst incorporating all of these new improvements then we will have an absolute monster of a game on our hands. And if EA can continue to improve then hopefully we will have two great games to choose from.

I have a lot of respect for EA and what they have done for the football genre but for me PES just has that X factor. Each goal, each player and each match feels different despite the obvious limitations of the aging tech and rigid animations. After all of these years it still provides those thrilling 'heart in mouth' moments where the ball is loose in the box and it feels like anything can happen. And when you do manage to put the ball in the net after some careful build up play... well for me its a thrill unlike anything else in sports gaming.

# 6 TeixeiraFanatic @ 07/10/10 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaxican8504
This game will probably make me buy a PS3.
Why PS3? I am thinking about getting my first ever Soccer game this year and don't know which one to get( Fifa or PES ).I don't know a whole lot about the game but I've played World Cup this year and gotten pretty good. Would I be better suited to get this or Fifa 11? If I were to get PES would it be better to get it on PS3 rather than 360? Why?

Thank you in advance guys.

# 7 jvalverde88 @ 07/10/10 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeixeiraFanatic
Why PS3? I am thinking about getting my first ever Soccer game this year and don't know which one to get( Fifa or PES ).I don't know a whole lot about the game but I've played World Cup this year and gotten pretty good. Would I be better suited to get this or Fifa 11? If I were to get PES would it be better to get it on PS3 rather than 360? Why?

I say PS3 because there are usually more option files available. As for which game FIFA or PES, I suggest trying both demos when they come out and see which one you like better.

# 8 TeixeiraFanatic @ 07/10/10 11:30 PM
Thanks for the reply. That's what I'm gonna do I think. I've only played the PES 2010 demo. I liked it but I felt it was just too fast. But watching the videos in that one thread it looks like there's 5 game speed options so that'll help. I'm liking what I'm hearing about the freedom in the passing in this game!

I have some friends that have Fifa 10 and are gonna get 11 and want me to get that because it has Ultimate Team. Does PES have anything like that? Is that what Master League is or what is it?

# 9 Mo @ 07/11/10 12:05 AM
Quote:

For me it's because I always played PES on the PS2/3. Just feels natural to me. Plus the options files.

# 10 jvalverde88 @ 07/11/10 12:42 AM
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. That's what I'm gonna do I think. I've only played the PES 2010 demo. I liked it but I felt it was just too fast. But watching the videos in that one thread it looks like there's 5 game speed options so that'll help. I'm liking what I'm hearing about the freedom in the passing in this game!

I have some friends that have Fifa 10 and are gonna get 11 and want me to get that because it has Ultimate Team. Does PES have anything like that? Is that what Master League is or what is it?
About the speed, this years version will have a game speed slider. If you feel the game plays too fast you can turn down the slider, there are 5 options with -2 being the slowest and +2 being the fastest. Master league is pretty much PES's Manager Mode, unfortunately you can only control one team and you get no job offers. There is no UT-type mode, but there will be Master league online.

# 11 TeixeiraFanatic @ 07/11/10 12:45 AM
Alright that sounds pretty cool. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Does anybody have an idea when the demos will come out?

# 12 Blaxican8504 @ 07/11/10 01:49 AM
Quote:

Like others have mentioned, it will be for the option files. And I have been eyeing a PS3 for quite a bit, so this gives me an excuse to buy one. Also, a couple of people I know that are PS3 owners are planning to do an Online Master League so I am trying to get in on that.

# 13 Bahnzo @ 07/11/10 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaxican8504
Like others have mentioned, it will be for the option files. And I have been eyeing a PS3 for quite a bit, so this gives me an excuse to buy one. Also, a couple of people I know that are PS3 owners are planning to do an Online Master League so I am trying to get in on that.
With the advent of the USB stick for the Xbox, option files are much easier now for that system....so I suspect there will be more of them this year. I'll still be getting it for my PS3 tho.

# 14 jvalverde88 @ 07/11/10 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
With the advent of the USB stick for the Xbox, option files are much easier now for that system....so I suspect there will be more of them this year. I'll still be getting it for my PS3 tho.
Not to turn this in to a console war, Region free FTW.

# 15 Bahnzo @ 07/11/10 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
Not to turn this in to a console war, Region free FTW.
PS3 option files are not region free however. But I do believe that Xbox ones are (even tho the game is not...don't ask me why).

# 16 jvalverde88 @ 07/11/10 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
PS3 option files are not region free however. But I do believe that Xbox ones are (even tho the game is not...don't ask me why).
I never understood that, I would love for option files this year to be region free. Therefore I won 't have to spend a extra $10-20 bucks to get the UK version.

# 17 KG @ 07/11/10 11:05 AM
I'm really torn on which console because I think its much easier to transfer files on the 360. On the ps3 you have to copy every single file which is a pain but I know the modding community always has better option files for the ps3. I still think the 360 controller is more responsive and the colors are more vibrant on the 360.

# 18 billmatic @ 07/15/10 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
I'm really torn on which console because I think its much easier to transfer files on the 360. On the ps3 you have to copy every single file which is a pain but I know the modding community always has better option files for the ps3. I still think the 360 controller is more responsive and the colors are more vibrant on the 360.
I'm the opposite. I always play it on PS3 and think its controller is much more responsive than the 360 one.

# 19 jb1 @ 07/16/10 08:51 AM
Reading that interview I can only hope we will get a great PES game again. It is nice that he admits the faults of the series since going next-gen and I really hope they can solve the issues they have as when PES was at it's best there was no other game I would rather have had in my console. Infact I hardly had any other series of games in my consoles from about 1995 until PES 2008!

I just can't help but be sceptical though after seeing the hype they have given out in the past few years and then playing the garbage games they have produced.

# 20 Supersonic_BR @ 07/16/10 03:12 PM
So apparently those rumours about stadium editing were rubbish?

Oh well, it was still a good read.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.