Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Check out the NBA 2K11 box art, featuring Michael Jordan.

2K Sports Reveals Greatest Cover of All Time for NBAŽ 2K11

NBA 2K11 shows off new, unique art style to pay homage to Michael Jordan

New York, NY - July 7, 2010 - 2K Sports today revealed the official cover art for NBAŽ 2K11 featuring Michael Jordan as the face of this year's iteration of the top rated and top selling basketball simulation franchise*. The art style, featuring a highly-stylized, three-panel, iconic image of Jordan, represents a departure from previous NBA 2K titles to reflect the significance of having the greatest player of all time grace the cover.

"We knew as soon as we signed Jordan that we needed to do something special for the cover," said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. "This could possibly be the most highly anticipated cover art in the history of sports games and we think the image we came up with delivers on every front. I think fans will be pleasantly surprised at how Jordan is actually used in game, as NBA 2K11 will pay homage to ‘His Airness' in many ways, but the cover art represented our first chance to stop and honor him along the way."

"Its exciting to see it all come together," said Michael Jordan, a recent Hall of Fame inductee. "I am looking forward to seeing the final product, but my kids might have to give me some lessons."

NBA 2K11 is not yet rated by the ESRB and will be available October 5, 2010. To view the cover, please visit www.2ksports.com/nba2k11.

NBA 2K11 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K11 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K11 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K11 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K11 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K11 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 DaveDQ @ 07/08/10 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
It's really surprising to me how many people want to play with old teams. Of all the things that people like to call gimmicks, having the old players in the game at all always felt like a gimmick to me, and the moment I started playing with any of the old all star teams is usually a sign that I'm about to stop playing that year's NBA game.
I never really felt that way. I used to play some NBA game on the Genesis and you could enter a player's name like, "Larry Bird" and the game would generate his likeness for you with all appropriate skills. I forget what game that was, but my brother-in-law and I had a lot of fun building teams and punching in former players to see if the game represented them.

I think you can have both current and former players in there and have fun with it.

# 82 SacKings1999 @ 07/08/10 11:34 AM
Quote:
It's really surprising to me how many people want to play with old teams. Of all the things that people like to call gimmicks, having the old players in the game at all always felt like a gimmick to me, and the moment I started playing with any of the old all star teams is usually a sign that I'm about to stop playing that year's NBA game.
That makes sense. But you've got to remember... nostalgia is one of the most powerful emotions / phenomenons. Is it a ploy to sell more units? Possibly, but isn't that part of what they're trying to achieve? As long as they didn't spend so much time on classic rosters that the gameplay suffers, I'm loving the idea of playing with the oldies.

Plus it's just fun as a fan of the game / league... it's a bit of a history lesson for the younger guys. And like an earlier post said... for us young twenty somethings, playing with the 00's teams is going to be a blast .

# 83 HealyMonster @ 07/08/10 12:33 PM
Awesome cover. I think this is going to be the greatest of all time. cant wait!

# 84 STLRams @ 07/08/10 12:34 PM
Quote:
Im sorry but I don't feel like its a gimmick at all. For one alot of the young guys on the forum simply don't know or understand how the NBA used to be with its players and teams. Alot of guys in the league now wouldn't be able to score on the regular against the types of defenses the league used to have. Then if your going to put Jordan in the game, heck have the rest of his era's rival teams in the game for fun and most of all matchups. Alot of people for some odd reason think Kobe or Lebron is better than MJ, so in NBA2K11 you can use your imagination and have the 93 Bulls vs 2010 Lakers or Bulls vs 2010Cavs. Or you may want to see how the current Celtics or Lakers team would match up against Larry Bird's or Magic's Celtic and Laker teams.

This is a great feature to have in a game, in any sports people will always compare past players/teams to current players/teams. Im not a big fan of playing with the 90's or 80's or 70's allstar teams in the 2K games, but give me the 92Knicks or the 91Bulls and let me match them up against another classic team or current team, then im going to have some fun. NFL2K5 also had this feature and it was great!

# 85 HotSauce2k3 @ 07/08/10 05:21 PM
Needs less pink.

# 86 JkA3 @ 07/08/10 05:51 PM
I love it.

# 87 kolanji @ 07/08/10 06:29 PM
nba 2k11 has the greates of all time on the cover this year.............what player can follow this act come next year?
insert suggesion
here__________________

# 88 youvalss @ 07/08/10 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanji
nba 2k11 has the greates of all time on the cover this year.............what player can follow this act come next year?
insert suggesion
here__________________
Sam Bowie, of course!

# 89 AnArtofWar @ 07/08/10 10:55 PM
Well now that you have LBJ, Wade and Bosh on one team..they could always do that for the cover .

And personally, I do not like the cover, when I first heard about this on another forum, others and I too thought it was just somebody playing around with a cover template. It just isn't sharpened enough nor very creative. But...who cares about the cover. I just can't wait for the game, the last trailer made it seem like it is a lot more physical and the paint d is better.

# 90 bigbob @ 07/08/10 11:04 PM
As others, I think it could do without the "Greatest of All-Time".. still a good cover though. Seems kind of plain though, don't you think?

# 91 southkak @ 07/09/10 05:29 PM
like the cover just wish the had his signature across the lower portion. that would give it a more sense of approval from jordan, but still a great cover without it. hope it feels like a new experience for 2k fans like myself.

# 92 HotSauce2k3 @ 07/10/10 09:38 AM
Seriously, the cover looks homemade.

# 93 jd@os @ 07/10/10 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkak
...wish the had his signature across the lower portion. that would give it a more sense of approval from jordan...
I agree. Good point.

# 94 Leon Sandcastle @ 07/10/10 11:02 PM
Greatest Cover Of All-Time!

# 95 MJ23Sebastian @ 07/20/10 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkak
like the cover just wish the had his signature across the lower portion. that would give it a more sense of approval from jordan, but still a great cover without it. hope it feels like a new experience for 2k fans like myself.
I agree I thought I was the only one who thought that

# 96 kolanji @ 08/13/10 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Sam Bowie, of course!
that is ur sugession? come on he was drafted second just b4 jordan and that decsion has haunted the trail blazers fans for years and years to come y they drafted him instead or 6 time nba champion GOAT Mj

# 97 youvalss @ 08/13/10 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanji
that is ur sugession? come on he was drafted second just b4 jordan and that decsion has haunted the trail blazers fans for years and years to come y they drafted him instead or 6 time nba champion GOAT Mj
I see I still need to work on my sense of humor. Still not accessible enough...

# 98 aloncho11 @ 08/14/10 03:41 PM
Yep I've had it with your "sense of humor". LOL I do understand your sense of humor . I'm often misunderstood too.

# 99 youvalss @ 08/14/10 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloncho11
Yep I've had it with your "sense of humor". LOL I do understand your sense of humor . I'm often misunderstood too.
When you come from a different mentality, your sense of humor is different too. It took some time for guys who worked with me to laugh off my jokes.

# 100 aloncho11 @ 08/14/10 04:29 PM
Yep. Been there, done that too. It's good to know I'm not the only one here..."Salsa-Seltzer!"

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.