Home
NHL 11 News Post

According to Gamestop, if you reserve NHL 11 at their store, you will receive an exclusive in-game 20th Anniversary Bauer boost pack.

Quote:
"Reserve NHL 11 and receive a GameStop exclusive in-game 20th Anniversary Bauer Boost Pack containing in-game Bauer stick, gloves and skates. Available online and in-store while supplies last.

Online Customers: A code and instructions on how to redeem your exclusive in-game boost pack will be emailed when the game releases.

Store / In-Store Pickup Customers: A code and instructions on how to redeem your exclusive in-game boost pack will be printed on your receipt at time of purchase."

Game: NHL 11Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 36 - View All
NHL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 TDKing @ 07/09/10 02:37 PM
wow...

# 2 Fiddy @ 07/09/10 02:40 PM
what a joke.

ea promotes a realistic game, says a few years ago we dont want boosts or cheats etc in the game. they remove them from 07, 08, 09, and now boom NHL 10 and now NHL 11 with boosts and arcade elements. way to stick you your word EA..

NHL 11, another arcade game from them with some small realistic elements. i hope they just release it as NHL 11 5 on 5 Arcade!!

# 3 The Visualizer @ 07/09/10 02:51 PM
those gloves and skates better be pink with gold glitter or its a no go...

seriously, I was into the EASHL in 09, but when they started with this boost nonsense and santa hats they lost me, its pathetic and I'm just gonna keep ignoring that part of the game going forward

# 4 cubbiefan009 @ 07/09/10 03:33 PM
Hmmmmm...not sure what I'll do.

# 5 GrandMaster B @ 07/09/10 05:01 PM
Instead of these boosts, why can't we all just start from scratch and earn attribute points by, wait for it, actually playing hockey like it is offline.

# 6 Flyermania @ 07/09/10 06:48 PM
Cute offer. Pass.

Here's hoping the offline AI got more attention than the gold helmets this year...

# 7 Money99 @ 07/09/10 07:02 PM
"Cash rules everything around me, C.R.E.A.M., just another day in EA city"

# 8 Vikes1 @ 07/10/10 03:22 AM
Like others...I have zero interest in stuff like this.

But I'm sure there are many who are. So oh well...so be it.

If somebody mentions something about socks...I'm going to hang myself.

# 9 shadox @ 07/10/10 06:39 AM
Just one thing to notice...

arcadish stuff=attention to kids.
Kids buy game to shine with their golden players=attend more kids
More kids buy game to beat the others online with their boosters.
=more $$$ and success.
$$ and success with the game=more budget and freedom for the devs to
satisfy us sim players!

I couldn't care less about such gimmicks.
And booster stuff shouldn't waste that much of codingtime anyways.
(Precreated "templaes", new textures and adjusted atributes...done)

Simgamers don't create enough payroll.

# 10 Skuidel @ 07/10/10 09:22 PM
Beat those kids with this stuff is going to be easy again this year. Even if they spend 1 000 000 000$ to buy this, i'm going to kick their a** like NHL 10.

I'll pass my turn again this year.

# 11 akula @ 07/12/10 01:01 AM
I bought some boost stuff last year just to be able to keep up, this year, I bloody well refuse, as do all my EASHL team (there's 8+ people who bought some of this crap last year and refuse to do so this year)

Hint EA: How about putting out crowd chant packs, new arenas (winter classic) and stuff for down-loadable content instead of this BULLCRAP BOOSTING STUFF

# 12 xhail2skinsx @ 07/16/10 09:50 AM
Nooooooooo

# 13 DDPR @ 07/16/10 02:51 PM
If I recall, on the Tiger Woods game they make it so if you buy the max stats you're stuck with a bunny outfit or some type of outfit. Why not put that into NHL, if you buy the gear it's just really goofy looking... oh wait, that's already happening.

# 14 GrandMaster B @ 07/16/10 05:43 PM
Yeah the gold boosts make it look like you were pissed on.

# 15 sroz39 @ 07/18/10 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akula
I bought some boost stuff last year just to be able to keep up, this year, I bloody well refuse, as do all my EASHL team (there's 8+ people who bought some of this crap last year and refuse to do so this year)

Hint EA: How about putting out crowd chant packs, new arenas (winter classic) and stuff for down-loadable content instead of this BULLCRAP BOOSTING STUFF
Sadly, this has nothing to do with the devs and everything to do with some marketing shmuk. And I'll admit, I am totally an enabler. I bought a whole whack-load of boosted equipment last year, both for my skater and goalie. I just don't have the time to unlock this stuff and playing on a top team, I needed to keep up with my glitching competition.

As sad as it is, I'll probably buy a ton of stuff again this year

# 16 jyoung @ 07/18/10 11:50 AM
I guess this means boosts are in again this year.

Wouldn't surprise me if they made more money off boost sales than they did with actual the game.

I hope there is at least a league to play in that is boost free, because the camo gear and all that other crap really ruined a lot of the fun factor that was in NHL 09.

# 17 Diehardfan @ 07/19/10 02:36 PM
Yep, its junk for the kiddies but be glad its there. Kid sales make the cash registers ring and keep the games coming. Why do you think the PC version was first put on the backburner with cheesy ports, then uncerimoniously dumped altogether? Not enough profits because of the lack of Mommy & Daddy buying buying a PC game for little Timmy. The arcade aspects have to be there to keep the games coming....its part of the program.

# 18 Tonsoffun @ 07/19/10 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehardfan
Yep, its junk for the kiddies but be glad its there. Kid sales make the cash registers ring and keep the games coming. Why do you think the PC version was first put on the backburner with cheesy ports, then uncerimoniously dumped altogether? Not enough profits because of the lack of Mommy & Daddy buying buying a PC game for little Timmy. The arcade aspects have to be there to keep the games coming....its part of the program.
EA now has no competition with 2k pretty much out. They will get their profit, even without boosts. NHL 09 was far and away the best sports game in 2009, and there were no boosts, no packs. If it worked then, it would work NOW, especially since there's no competition. They will get their money. Now they are just milking it.

# 19 krildog @ 07/19/10 05:42 PM
To be fair, the gear in the Kane 88 pack they released last year as a GS preorder didn't look hokey at all. Of course, I am a Hawks homer :-)

# 20 kayto @ 07/19/10 06:06 PM
The other problem these create, aside from the cash grab already stated here, is the cheaters always find ways to unfairly boost there eashl players (ex. all 99 attrib boost)..when I play teams in the eashl we should all be equal skill so the Better players at hockey usually win...it is not like that now!!! The bigger cheesers usually win and these boost packs just make that crap that much easier for them !

And I know you can earn them in the game and all that, but unless you live in grandmas basement and have no job or life, these guys will always have the edge!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.