Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Alright guys, unlike at E3 where I split between a bunch of games, tomorrow is all Madden NFL 11, all the time. Here is what I want.

Legitimate, well thought out respectful questions only. Anything with a hint of sarcasm I'm not asking.

I will also try to get as much video as I can, and this time in full game segments. No requests for teams, but if you want something specific gameplay-wise, I will try to get it.

I will be answering questions on OS when I get back, probably on Thursday evening. I will, however, be tweeting all day at my Twitter page. @MillenniumOS

Alright, ready....set.....GO!

UPDATE: EA has given us an embargo date of August 2nd. We can't discuss anything, until that date.

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Jono078 @ 07/13/10 10:11 PM
How much has the sim engine been tweaked and were they able to get stats to represent real life much better across all stats?

Thanks.

# 2 Millennium @ 07/13/10 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono078
How much has the sim engine been tweaked and were they able to get stats to represent real life much better across all stats?

Thanks.
Be more specific. Tell me what stats should be around where.

# 3 K_GUN @ 07/13/10 10:17 PM
Thanks Mill!

one request...any chance you can grab some videos on the zoomed camera?

also.....can you get a feel for the fade/corner route...in terms of passing.

last year it seemed touch passes were too....floaty or lofty (if that makes sense)

# 4 ANDROMADA 1 @ 07/13/10 10:17 PM
1. Has the Progression/regression System been improved over last years game? In Madden 10 players seemed to regress or progress with no logic behind it in Online Franchise.

2. Has the Ball trajectory been improved for intermediate and deep throws? the qb should have more touch on these throws.

Thanks in advance

# 5 Jono078 @ 07/13/10 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Be more specific. Tell me what stats should be around where.
I just meant generally have they tuned the stats to be more realistic.

But I guess to be more specific, the rushing stats for #1 and #2 running backs. Also sacks.

And just in general ask if they have tuned QB stats.

# 6 ch46647 @ 07/13/10 10:21 PM
1. With the new strategy pad there is a new option under the DL pre-snap that says "pass". Ian says this makes the DE's push UP the field creating a pocket. Can you see if this actually works and the DE's/OLB's in the 3-4 actually get up the field and create a pocket?

2. When playing man coverage do the LB's get out and defend the RB out of the back field? (This made on-line play unplayable last year)

3. Does the 3-4 work this year? (Does the D-line force double teams allowing the LB's to roam free, and are there DL win animations where they actually drive the OL backwards? In Madden 10 the DL would lock on the OL and either shed them or the OL would push them back. There was no DT drive animation where they pushed the OL into the backfield)

3. Play with slow and normal gameplay and let us know which one you like better? Also, ask Ian what they will be using for on-line default.

Thanks and have fun tomorrow!! I will be glued to your twitter haha

# 7 Reejer @ 07/13/10 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
1. Has the Progression/regression System been improved over last years game? In Madden 10 players seemed to regress or progress with no logic behind it in Online Franchise.

Thanks in advance
Amen!
And how often do players progress/regress?

# 8 at23steelers @ 07/13/10 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
1. With the new strategy pad there is a new option under the DL pre-snap that says "pass". Ian says this makes the DE's push UP the field creating a pocket. Can you see if this actually works and the DE's/OLB's in the 3-4 actually get up the field and create a pocket?

2. When playing man coverage do the LB's get out and defend the RB out of the back field? (This made on-line play unplayable last year)

3. Does the 3-4 work this year? (Does the D-line force double teams allowing the LB's to roam free, and are there DL win animations where they actually drive the OL backwards? In Madden 10 the DL would lock on the OL and either shed them or the OL would push them back. There was no DT drive animation where they pushed the OL into the backfield)

3. Play with slow and normal gameplay and let us know which one you like better? Also, ask Ian what they will be using for on-line default.

Thanks and have fun tomorrow!! I will be glued to your twitter haha
I second these questions. These would be awesome to get answered! Also, is the announcing more improved then E3's. Is the cutscenes and stadium music repetitive or very thought out, and appropriate (the right player gets congratulated). Are all the pregame chants identical to the Saints chant?

# 9 Millennium @ 07/13/10 10:26 PM
Quote:
I just meant generally have they tuned the stats to be more realistic.

But I guess to be more specific, the rushing stats for #1 and #2 running backs. Also sacks.

And just in general ask if they have tuned QB stats.
I'm not asking general questions. Tell me exactly what you saw wrong with them last year, and what you want to see them around this year.

No offense to anyone, but vague questions get vague answers. If you guys want some real info, tell me what you want me to get for you specifically. If it was an issue in Madden 10, tell me what the exact issue was and what you think it should be.

# 10 K_GUN @ 07/13/10 10:28 PM
another one

was the EXTRA POINT halftime show removed this year?...if yes....why?

# 11 kehlis @ 07/13/10 10:30 PM
I know others will ask others things I want to know so I will ask just one question:

Did formation subs on special teams make it into this years game? (if there is already a confirmed answer to this I apologize.)

# 12 RayAllen20 @ 07/13/10 10:30 PM
1. When playing teams with stand out defensive ends or defensive tackles, do you feel their presence? Such as, are you finally getting a lot of pressure from a stud like Jared Allen, and does a NT like Kris Jenkins push back double teams?

2. With a team like the Jets, can you get pressure with a line backer blitzing and being untouched, without nano blitzing ofcourse. The Jets do this often, with stunts and lots of movement. In Madden 10 it was almost impossible to do.

3. When you substitute terrible offensive line-men for good ones, do you notice the difference?

4. Is it almost impossible to throw on shut down corners (Revis, Woodson, and Asomugha)?

That's all my questions, and thank you for taking our questions.

# 13 24 @ 07/13/10 10:32 PM
Here's my question

In Last years game and in the game play video's we have seen so far i have noticed that some players have this innate ability to truck everyone they might run into. I specifically noticed this in one video in which Broncos rookie QB Tim Tebow trucked virtually the entire vikings defense and ran into the end zone for a touchdown. has this Super powered trucking ability been fixed?

# 14 RedZoneD25 @ 07/13/10 10:35 PM
Has the broadcast camera been altered in any way since Madden 10, and by that I mean:

-Are all team logos facing the correct direction (towards the user) in gameplay? (Redskins, Bengals, Giants had this issue, I believe there were more but that is all I saw)

-Has there been any alteration to the amount of zoom or the actual camera angle itself to provide a more TV-style broadcast? (The camera was very far away in M10)

One last question:

Are there injuries in CPU vs. CPU games? There were none in Madden 10.

Thank you so much!

# 15 bcruise @ 07/13/10 10:38 PM
Will Madden '11 implement the tuner sets that NHL has and NCAA is now rumored to have? It allows for tweaking of the gameplay mechanics without a need for patches, as I understand it.

# 16 rsoxguy12 @ 07/13/10 10:41 PM
Could you try to get some footage of catches near the sidelines/corners of endzones?
I would love to see some hit stick animations too.

# 17 Jono078 @ 07/13/10 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
I'm not asking general questions. Tell me exactly what you saw wrong with them last year, and what you want to see them around this year.

No offense to anyone, but vague questions get vague answers. If you guys want some real info, tell me what you want me to get for you specifically. If it was an issue in Madden 10, tell me what the exact issue was and what you think it should be.
They (EA) know exactly what was wrong with the rushing stats and sack stats last year. I'm positive if you asked if they've been improved to reflect more accurately to real life they will know what you mean and how to answer it.

Also to the guy who asked how often progression happens, we know that already, it's the same as M10.

# 18 Chiefsfan881129 @ 07/13/10 11:38 PM
i have a couple questions i like to have awnsered sorry if there long as i am trying to explain the problems from madden 10 and if they have been fixed

#1 has the weather and live weather feed been fixed for franchise mode and play now

as in madden nfl 10 in play now you never got 0 dagree weather in snow or non snow games it was always 30 or above

for franchise mode there were a bunch of games that were either sunny and 75 dagree temps in cold weather months we hardly saw snow or rainy games or cold weather games with no rain or snow

and as for the live weather feed it never worked as it should if i chose to play a game at night and it was night time in kc in madden the live weather feed would have it as day time and sometimes the weather and temp would be wrong and sometimes the weather dfeed never worked at all at time i would have to scroll tru all stadium in play now once just to get it to work

has all 3 been fixed to where 1 they work as they should

and 2 where we get more relistic weather in the right cities during the right time of months like in november and december we should get 0 25 dagree or lower and sometimes minus dagree instead of sunny 75 dagree weather?

#2 have the afc and nfc team spefic helmets been added to the pro bowl this year instead of the ganeric AFC And NFC Helmet that they dont use in real life?

thanks

# 19 Millennium @ 07/13/10 11:52 PM
Quote:
They (EA) know exactly what was wrong with the rushing stats and sack stats last year. I'm positive if you asked if they've been improved to reflect more accurately to real life they will know what you mean and how to answer it.

Also to the guy who asked how often progression happens, we know that already, it's the same as M10.
You don't know what devs are going to be there, and neither do I.

If you give me something specific to look for, I can sim the game. I don't want to ask, I want to prove.

# 20 Valdarez @ 07/13/10 11:52 PM
1. Have they been able to improve the rendering in the game?
2. In offline franchise, did they fix the Trade Penalty Bug that always showed $0 penalty when making a trade even if millions might have been penalized?
3. In offline franchise, did they provide a way to track trade penalties in offline franchise?
4. Did they fix the problem with a lead blocker turning around to block a person behind the carrier, thus ignoring the player in front of the ball carrier, effectively allowing the ball carrier to be tackled?
5. Have they made any changes to the passing game (speed, ball arc, route based passing, etc)?
6. Is the pass blocking in Madden going to be any different than the pass blocking we see in NCAA 2011? What enhancements are there, if any?
7. Do DB's still react as soon as the QB's arm begins the backwards motion?
8. Are there any additional sliders? What are they?
9. Did they better tune the sliders? For example, the INT slider, even when at 0 still allowed multiple interceptions on both the comp/AI side of the game.
10. Will we be able to disable the Franchise CAP after an offline franchise has been started? (wasn't able to do this in M10, would have been nice to have it last year as a work-around for the $0 Penalty Trade Bug)
11. Will there be a separate set of sliders so we can adjust the sim engine in offline franchise?

Not organized well, but these are the ones that quickly come to mind and have not been answered.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.