Home
NHL 10 News Post

We have all come across the types of players and teams who will do anything to get a win in the EASHL. You know the ones, and shame on you if you are one of "them." Usually you can combat the teams using questionable tactics with good defense, but my team still tries to avoid these teams because defending against a certain shot all game is just not fun.

Recently I have noticed an uptick in the type of team that will play clean until it gets down on the scoreboard. Then, midway through the second period -- beginning of third at the latest -- out comes the bag of tricks. The teams who start playing fair, but then change their tactics once down a goal or two, perplex me? What are they trying to communicate with that kind of behavior?

"Oh, we're a clean team, but right now, we just need the ranking points more than our dignity."

Read More - Dump N' Cheese: Shady Morals in EASHL

Game: NHL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 28 - View All
NHL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Trevelyan @ 07/14/10 01:37 PM
I don't cheese/glitch/cheat, whatever you want to call it, but I find it difficult to blame other people in an anonymous setting. When I'm just playing within friends, obviously we don't do that stuff to each other, but if I'm playing against some random team of 16 year old kids, I can't really blame them. We all know, if there is a shortcut, people are going to use it.

Its the developers responsibility to patch bugs out of the game. We'll see if EA supports NHL 11 better.

# 2 acidraindrops08 @ 07/14/10 02:44 PM
The best is whenever you're up a couple goals, times tickin' down, things are looking good. Then, all a sudden a pause, whats this? Ok, nobody press A! Then sure enough time runs out and you're players are freezing at the faceoff circle... Loop glitch ftw!!! My team has been screwed out of so many big wins from this kinda crap its absurd. It amazes me that this has been an issue since 08, yet its still an epidemic. Nothings more demoralizing then putting a strong team effort to take out a top 10 team, then have it be all for naught..

# 3 onlybygrace @ 07/14/10 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidraindrops08
The best is whenever you're up a couple goals, times tickin' down, things are looking good. Then, all a sudden a pause, whats this? Ok, nobody press A! Then sure enough time runs out and you're players are freezing at the faceoff circle... Loop glitch ftw!!! My team has been screwed out of so many big wins from this kinda crap its absurd. It amazes me that this has been an issue since 08, yet its still an epidemic. Nothings more demoralizing then putting a strong team effort to take out a top 10 team, then have it be all for naught..
Besides the fact that I'm a big franchise nut, it's stories like this that have caused me to avoid the online aspect of NHL 10.

# 4 milesizdead @ 07/15/10 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelyan
I don't cheese/glitch/cheat, whatever you want to call it, but I find it difficult to blame other people in an anonymous setting. When I'm just playing within friends, obviously we don't do that stuff to each other, but if I'm playing against some random team of 16 year old kids, I can't really blame them. We all know, if there is a shortcut, people are going to use it.

Its the developers responsibility to patch bugs out of the game. We'll see if EA supports NHL 11 better.
I have to disagree to some extent, I don´t think age is in any way an excuse
Even a 16 year old knows what they´re doing if they´re playing dirty.
Usually they take pride in it if you msg them after the game.

And i agree with EA´s role, hopefully the move to physics based game will remove most of the opportunities to cheese...But we do need a quicker response fro EA, whatever the problem is.

# 5 milesizdead @ 07/15/10 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
Besides the fact that I'm a big franchise nut, it's stories like this that have caused me to avoid the online aspect of NHL 10.
Oh don´t give up on EASHL, when the game is good and clean, it´s an amazing online experience
Two teams both playing good solid hockey is just a thing of beauty.
With those games you don´t even mind losing, the game itself is the reward.

# 6 UwantRadie @ 07/15/10 03:02 AM
if you CHEAT and use boost packs and cartoonish equipment, you should cut your testicles off.. we need to make sure you dont pass your genes and loose morals onto another generation...

If you actually paid money to cheat.. then you should just eat a bullet and make the world a better place.

I'll say it time and again.. EA took what could have been THE SINGLE BEST MODE IN ALL OF SPORTS GAMES and they encouraged cheating... unbelievable.

There needs to be a an option to label yourself a "clean" team that doesnt use this sort of tomfoolery. Then other clean teams can choose to only play against verified non-cheats.

# 7 Trevelyan @ 07/15/10 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by milesizdead
I have to disagree to some extent, I don´t think age is in any way an excuse
Even a 16 year old knows what they´re doing if they´re playing dirty.
Usually they take pride in it if you msg them after the game.

And i agree with EA´s role, hopefully the move to physics based game will remove most of the opportunities to cheese...But we do need a quicker response fro EA, whatever the problem is.
I was pretty much just tossing the age thing in there as an example, I agree with you it has nothing to do with age.

I just think its a little embarrassing for EA that they have bugs in the game that everyone knows about who has either been playing the game for a year, or for a day, because thats how often they pop up.

I don't know what goes on at a development studio, what the bosses delegate to the employees, etc etc, all I can say is as someone who designs websites and fixes computers, it drives me insane when a web page isn't working correctly, or a problem pops up on a computer that I just finished working on. To me, its a pride issue, my work reflects back on me.

# 8 Trevelyan @ 07/15/10 03:55 AM
I agree with you, but the difference is some developers will keep rolling out patches, and as is the case with pretty much every sports game, you get one, maybe two patches, and thats it, you're screwed.

Look at Gears 2, 6 patches. MW2 has 2 or 3, and another one is coming. Would we prefer to have 1 patch and all the problems are fixed? Of course, but thats not the world we live in.

# 9 acidraindrops08 @ 07/15/10 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
Yes, I know it can be rough, but this is by far the best gameplay experience you'll find in a sports video game. Nothing comes close to a legit game of NHL 6v6.

# 10 milesizdead @ 07/15/10 05:19 AM
Yup, new tuners help a lot.
The one in January practically removed the toedrag, or at least made it a lot less efficient...

# 11 catcatch22 @ 07/15/10 09:24 AM
Quote:
Hey to avoid the pause face off loop glitch, make sure all of your teammates sit in replay until the clock ticks to zero. I was told this by a notorious face off loop glitch player. The thing is you need to be ready for it at any time even at the end of a period. I just sit in replay the whole time in between pauses and end of periods.

# 12 acidraindrops08 @ 07/15/10 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
Hey to avoid the pause face off loop glitch, make sure all of your teammates sit in replay until the clock ticks to zero. I was told this by a notorious face off loop glitch player. The thing is you need to be ready for it at any time even at the end of a period. I just sit in replay the whole time in between pauses and end of periods.

Wait, so once they pause it and you're at the pause menu what do you do? I've heard to let the time run out and not press resume game, but this doesn't do anything. The only work around is whenever you're up a few goals, if you can manage to win the faceoff, pull you're goalie, then score on you're own net. This completely negates the loop, but you're also conceding a goal.

# 13 catcatch22 @ 07/15/10 01:52 PM
Quote:
Wait, so once they pause it and you're at the pause menu what do you do? I've heard to let the time run out and not press resume game, but this doesn't do anything. The only work around is whenever you're up a few goals, if you can manage to win the faceoff, pull you're goalie, then score on you're own net. This completely negates the loop, but you're also conceding a goal.
Just go into replay, sit there and watch the replay if you want till the time expires. I got this info from a guy I played with on a team I joined on a whim recently and whenever we were down he would try to do face off loops. During his attempts he mentioned if they ever do it to you go into replay and sit there. During a stretch of games I would purposely sit in replay while he would try to attempt to loop a game in order to sabotage his efforts and it worked. However I was on his team so....

The reason I played with him was the team was a clean team save for him which was annoying since he would try to glitch every time. Not to mention finding a team that plays solid good hockey that still plays club regularly. I eventually quit and removed him from my friends list but it was definitely awkward having to play with someone of that mentality.

Lots of uncomfortable silences when you hear "I'm looping this".

# 14 Qb @ 07/15/10 02:23 PM
Quote:
The only work around is whenever you're up a few goals, if you can manage to win the faceoff, pull you're goalie, then score on you're own net. This completely negates the loop, but you're also conceding a goal.
Huh, so that's why people do that? We didn't get blown out too often, but when we did the other team would sometimes pull their goalie at the end. We never knew why and decided flip dumping the puck into the crowd directly over the goal was the best course of action when we had an open shot at the empty net. It made us laugh at the end of those rare frustrating games.

# 15 voodoo_magic @ 07/15/10 07:21 PM
My team, which has been together since the start of eashl made a decision to try to play the game as realistic as possible and not purposely try a cheese shot.
While it's one of the best experiences in video gaming when you play another clean team 6vs6 we often have trouble when playing the cheesiest teams.
We play good enough defensively to stop most of their chances but are not very good at cheesing so can't give it back to them.
Our team will look for the chance to cheese back but sometimes actually play worse because we pass up chances to make a good pass and set up a play while looking to wrap.

I wouldn't be surprised if some teams start off saying we will only cheese when they do it first but then some of the guys get good at it and before you know it your team is cheesing first because you assume the other team will.

# 16 milesizdead @ 07/16/10 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo_magic
My team, which has been together since the start of eashl made a decision to try to play the game as realistic as possible and not purposely try a cheese shot.
While it's one of the best experiences in video gaming when you play another clean team 6vs6 we often have trouble when playing the cheesiest teams.
We play good enough defensively to stop most of their chances but are not very good at cheesing so can't give it back to them.
Our team will look for the chance to cheese back but sometimes actually play worse because we pass up chances to make a good pass and set up a play while looking to wrap.

I wouldn't be surprised if some teams start off saying we will only cheese when they do it first but then some of the guys get good at it and before you know it your team is cheesing first because you assume the other team will.
Fighting fire with fire is something we´ve thought about, there is something appealing in that.
But I would have to practice cheesing, nah, I´d rather just play the game and get better legit

But thanks guys, it´s interesting to read about your experiences, and tactics

# 17 IBYCFOTA @ 07/16/10 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UwantRadie
if you CHEAT and use boost packs and cartoonish equipment, you should cut your testicles off.. we need to make sure you dont pass your genes and loose morals onto another generation...

If you actually paid money to cheat.. then you should just eat a bullet and make the world a better place.

I'll say it time and again.. EA took what could have been THE SINGLE BEST MODE IN ALL OF SPORTS GAMES and they encouraged cheating... unbelievable.

There needs to be a an option to label yourself a "clean" team that doesnt use this sort of tomfoolery. Then other clean teams can choose to only play against verified non-cheats.
I don't think you understand what the word "cheating" means.

I mean, did the Rangers cheat too when they outbid other teams for players before the lockout?

# 18 m-dogg @ 07/16/10 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
Just go into replay, sit there and watch the replay if you want till the time expires. I got this info from a guy I played with on a team I joined on a whim recently and whenever we were down he would try to do face off loops. During his attempts he mentioned if they ever do it to you go into replay and sit there. During a stretch of games I would purposely sit in replay while he would try to attempt to loop a game in order to sabotage his efforts and it worked. However I was on his team so....

The reason I played with him was the team was a clean team save for him which was annoying since he would try to glitch every time. Not to mention finding a team that plays solid good hockey that still plays club regularly. I eventually quit and removed him from my friends list but it was definitely awkward having to play with someone of that mentality.

Lots of uncomfortable silences when you hear "I'm looping this".

this replay method does not work, just tried this last night. we were killing a glitch team, and sure enough, 1:30 to go the game is pause. I have all my team go into the replay mode and wait until time runs out. at the faceoff, the loop...eventual disconnect, no win.

and I don't think you should be cheesing cheesers, it only encourages them to think its ok to do that crap. my team has never attempted a single glitch shot, reverse skate, wraparound, cherrypick, or bring the wrister behind your body before you shoot it... and find it much more satisfying to beat glitch teams with real hockey.

we like to show them that if you put as much effort into real hockey (moving the puck, using all your teammates (gulp, even the AI)) as they do on glitching -- then they would actually score MORE goals and win more games.
I'll never understand how its fun to do the same thing over and over and over again anyway...shouldn't these little kids be bored by now and moved on to glitching some halo game or something?!

please EA, program some random element of goalie AI so you have to actually look at the goalie to see where to shoot instead of the same ol tricks working on him over and over...

# 19 voodoo_magic @ 07/18/10 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-dogg
I'll never understand how its fun to do the same thing over and over and over again anyway...shouldn't these little kids be bored by now and moved on to glitching some halo game or something?!
This is what I don't understand, it's July, there's no playoffs to try to get into and the glitching is as bad as ever.
You would think at this time of year it would be guys that love hockey playing the game, and like you say the other people would move on to some other game by now.
I think these guys that are doing anything to get to the top at this time of year have some real "life issues". No normal person would think it's something special to be #1 in the casual league with a 200-10 w/l record in July.

# 20 akula @ 07/18/10 01:41 AM
if EA would have the balls to actively patch these problems out of the game it would be much appreciated. They did do SOME (Ie: fixed slap passes, make pinning less cheesy, tried to fix the curve shot) but there are still glitches that are unacceptable (wrap around cheese, the other type of curve shot) along with the looping glitch.

imo they also need to do something about quitters/disconectors.. punish them! if someone disconnects enough, ban them for 24 hours! then longer if needed, enough is enough. the casual leagues can have the quitters, in EASHL they should not be tolerated by EA.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.