Home
NHL 11 News Post

With the shortest break in sports between the end of one season and the beginning of the next, it won’t be long now until arenas around the NHL begin to entertain fans with another exciting season of hockey action. And what better way to give people that rush of on-ice adrenalin than with the NHL 11 and NHL SLAPSHOT soundtracks that truly bring home the NHL experience.

“This year, its all about authenticity,” says Steve Schnur, Worldwide Executive of Music and Marketing for EA. “We talked to gamers and fans about what kind of music they wanted in this new edition, and they said they wanted the feel of a live NHL experience. So we’ve brought together the classic arena anthems by Pantera, Ramones, Black Box and others, and combined them with the next generation of hard-hitters by The Black Keys, Bullet For My Valentine, Danko Jones and more. This is the true sound of the NHL, and the undeniable power behind EA’s NHL 11.”

Here’s the full list of tracks that will be on NHL 11 with 11 of these making it into the NHL SLAPSHOT soundtrack as well listed by artist, song, and album.

NHL 11
  • In Whispers - Here I Stand
  • Airbourne - Bottom Of The Well - No Guts. No Glory.
  • Bullet For My Valentine - Your Betrayal - Fever
  • Megadeth - Dialectic Chaos - Endgame
  • Pantera - Walk - Vulgar Display Of Power
NHL 11 and NHL SLAPSHOT
  • Danko Jones - Full of Regret - Below The Belt
  • 2 Unlimited - Twilight Zone - Get Ready!
  • Black Box - Strike It Up - Dreamland
  • Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Mama Taught Me Better - Beat The Devil’s Tattoo
  • Bouncing Souls - ¡Olé! - Hopeless Romantic
  • Darude - Sandstorm - Before The Storm
  • Dropkick Murphys - Shipping Up To Boston (Live) - Live On Lansdowne, Boston MA
  • Europe - The Final Countdown - The Final Countdown
  • Foxy Shazam - Unstoppable - Foxy Shazam
  • Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop - Ramones
  • The Black Keys - Howlin’ For You - Brothers

Source: NHL 11 In the Crease Blog

Game: NHL 11Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 36 - View All
NHL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Lightbringer719 @ 07/19/10 07:44 PM
Where's Chelsea Dagger? You can't have an "authentic" hockey arena music set without Chelsea Dagger? I guess that's what custom soundtracks are for.

# 2 Victory23 @ 07/19/10 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightbringer719
Where's Chelsea Dagger? You can't have an "authentic" hockey arena music set without Chelsea Dagger? I guess that's what custom soundtracks are for.
You'd think that'd be in there, considering that it's the Stanley Cup champions goal song and the captain of the team is on the cover of the game lol.

# 3 ocat @ 07/20/10 01:35 AM
PANTERA ftw!!! RIP Dimebag

# 4 Lightbringer719 @ 07/20/10 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory23
You'd think that'd be in there, considering that it's the Stanley Cup champions goal song and the captain of the team is on the cover of the game lol.
Last year in NHL 10, they had a Chicago guy on the cover (Kane) and had their "theme song" in the game ("Keys to the City"), why not this year?

# 5 Trevelyan @ 07/20/10 05:03 AM
I was really hoping to hear that song play after every blackhawks goal, but oh well.

# 6 jack1535 @ 07/20/10 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightbringer719
I don't think a song about a hooker would go over well

# 7 jaiman @ 07/20/10 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama83
I really wish they'd release "Arena Packs" as DLC. You pay for custom soundtracks that are put together by the arena's Game Night Crew and DJ. The sound track would house 20-30 tracks in the BIP, 8-10 tracks in the Intermission, and then the various others.

I'd gladly pay $3-5 bucks for each arena or $40 for the league.

Also known as "Chelsea Dagger" by the Fratellis.

Man, that's an amazing idea. I wonder if they can even do that though. I'm guessing they would have to pay the right to all of those songs, artists. Probably would be quite expensive and time consuming.

# 8 grushcow @ 07/20/10 02:33 PM
Shipping up to Boston...my life is complete.

# 9 Panther84 @ 07/20/10 03:17 PM
Still haven't mentioned authentic goal horns.

# 10 soxnut1018 @ 07/20/10 03:52 PM
No Chelsea Dagger = FAIL.

# 11 Panther84 @ 07/20/10 06:02 PM
Thanks Bama83 hope they capture all 30 teams.

# 12 Trevelyan @ 07/20/10 07:34 PM
Quote:
Why should a song that is played pretty much exclusively by ONE club make it into the game as a major song?

I can think of 100 songs that are played at every rink that should make the game before "Chelsea Dagger".
Because they won the cup, and they're on the cover. Thats my opinion anyway.

# 13 plaidchuck @ 07/20/10 10:55 PM
And everybody complained the league and media was shoving the Pens down their throats... miss us yet?

# 14 Cycloniac @ 07/21/10 12:14 AM
If you want "completely custom soundtracks", this is what they added the custom music feature for. They're making progress, but I don't think that's enough tracks honestly.

# 15 OddyOh @ 07/24/10 08:18 AM
Arena Music DLC...I think that's a damn good idea. I mean, how much money do the labels make off Rock Band/Guitar Hero? Tons. It's like ringtones. In fact, they should call them "RinkTones". LOL...

When you first install/activate the game, there could be a 60 day trial of tons of songs. Or maybe they're limited by number of "plays" or something. You get a free 'starter pack' of generic BIP songs for free, as an act of good faith. Then you can buy the ones you want (or import them yourself if you want to spend the time).

If you hear a cool song during the game and wanted the full version, there would be an optional post-game menu with a playlist of all the songs that were played, where you can buy the full song.

Maybe an "EA Music Store" in the main menu, again like Rock Band. Or sell packs (team/playoffs/holidays) on the PSN/XBox stores.

Prices should be reasonable...full track 99 cents, and arena edits for less (30 cents?).

All of this being said, I don't mind importing my own music (and would be FURIOUS if they removed that feature!), but it is very time consuming, even downloading community made packs. Takes time to make all the playlists and stuff. I don't mind paying for fairly priced, time-saving features.

So there you go EA, now go forth and make million$.

# 16 plaidchuck @ 07/25/10 12:50 AM
hey hey don't give em anymore crazy DLC ideas!!

# 17 ramenite @ 07/25/10 09:38 AM
Quote:
I am not sure how that would work.

It could go one of two ways:

1) Since it's a sample, rather than the entire song, the recording studio would might do what they do for arenas - which is to waive the fees altogether. It's free marketing for their music. Enough to get you wanting the entire track. EA could incorporate that into the game so that pressing a particular button would give details on the song (artist, album, year) to help someone who wishes to purchase.
Actually, an arena will pay a royalty to the ASCAP just like a restaurant or bar would for public performance and playback of songs. And it isn't cheap. That licensing doesn't really apply for a game, because it would be distribution, which is an RIAA thing.

Although, I agree a soundpack for a team would be some nice DLC to get, if they price was right.

# 18 MizzouRah @ 07/25/10 11:56 AM
Wow.. love the soundtrack this year.

I had all my own songs in the game last year and was just telling a friend of mine I was going to put "Your Betrayal" in the game this year for sure as an intro song for my Blues.

# 19 ChiTownKid @ 07/26/10 04:56 PM
360 users: Those of you upset over Chelsea Dagger, just do what I did. Find the song (check playlist.com), download and install Audacity (free audio editing program), make several nice loops of the celebration part, burn it to a cd, and import it to your 360. The whole process should take you less than an hour.

# 20 ramenite @ 07/26/10 07:46 PM
Quote:
I have been in contact with many of the DJs for the NHL. They say it's royalty free and a lot of them barely even keep legitimate logs of what was played and even if they do, it's not necessarily correct.
They don't have to keep records. They don't have to pay. For instance, if a cover band plays a local pub, it's the pub that pays, not the band. The pub pays for the rights of the band to perform music that's under a license from the ASCAP. A DJ won't have to pay the license either, it's the venue.

And trust me, the arena pays the ASCAP. Everyone pays them, they are the music Gestapos. If you even have a store that plays music on a radio, expect a visit. They want their two pounds of flesh.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.