Home
NHL 11 News Post

Puck Podcast has posted a new podcast featuring an interview with Sean Ramjagsingh, Producer of NHL 11.

Quote:
"It's in the July 17 podcast from about minute 56:00 to about 86:00. Some new info, a teaser about a new mode which he says is addicting, and saying the demo will be out mid August. Also sounds like RFAs will be in the game."

Game: NHL 11Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 36 - View All
NHL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jaiman @ 07/20/10 12:34 AM
Complete presentation overhaul!!! Good stuff

# 2 blinkfan77 @ 07/20/10 01:45 AM
A new mode that Rammer says is the most addicting mode he's ever played.

And it sounds like Offer Sheets/RFA are in. He sounded very guarded but happy when asked the question about them and said they'd be answering the question in a few weeks.

Why can't it be September?

# 3 Lightbringer719 @ 07/20/10 03:23 AM
"Complete presentation overhaul". If this means what I think it means, I think we've seen the last of no intermissions and repetitive cutscenes featuring the goalie stretching.

# 4 BlueNGold @ 07/20/10 03:36 AM
RFAs, presentation overhaul, new game mode (I'm guessing Ultimate Team) and possible Online Be A GM? *dead*

# 5 Vikes1 @ 07/20/10 03:56 AM
Very good interview.

Yeah the news about revamping the presentation sounds great! As Rammer said, lots of people have been asking for different/better presentation. And many of them were right here on OS. Really looking forward to seeing what they've come up with.

And the demo is about three weeks away! Yahoo!

# 6 bonannogiovanni @ 07/20/10 04:00 AM
I hope they included a real broadcast cam in the "Complete presentation overhaul" package. Great hopes for this game.

# 7 milesizdead @ 07/20/10 04:43 AM
Sweet!

I would´ve been happy with just the physics, presentation is a nice bonus

August come quickly please, I hope there´s more in the demo than just a third period between Philly and Chicago...

# 8 plaidchuck @ 07/20/10 11:53 AM
so the new mode is most likely Ultimate team? So what is that exactly?

# 9 Splitter77 @ 07/20/10 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidchuck
so the new mode is most likely Ultimate team? So what is that exactly?
hopefully a better create team mode. Im hoping.

# 10 jaiman @ 07/20/10 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
I hope they included a real broadcast cam in the "Complete presentation overhaul" package. Great hopes for this game.
This. Saw a custom camera option on the pause menu, so I'm hopeful!

# 11 Qb @ 07/20/10 01:29 PM
Glad some new stuff is trickling out. Wish I could say more...

# 12 TIm @ 07/20/10 02:48 PM
Could the new mode be "Winter Classic Mode"

# 13 BlueNGold @ 07/20/10 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
hopefully a better create team mode. Im hoping.
No, it's that card collecting-type game from FIFA and Madden. It's actually pretty cool.

# 14 plaidchuck @ 07/20/10 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
No, it's that card collecting-type game from FIFA and Madden. It's actually pretty cool.
so how does it work?

# 15 SinisterAlex @ 07/20/10 07:09 PM
Wow. I cannot wait for this "addictive" game mode, and the possibility of online Be a GM.... *drools*

# 16 Lubey @ 07/21/10 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidchuck
so how does it work?
It's all based on collecting cards. There are bronze, silver, and gold cards. You start off with a 'starter pack' of mostly poor rated players (probably CHL and bad Euro league players). As you play games you get coins. You can spend the coins on bronze, silver, or gold 'packs' which include cards to upgrade your team. There's also a marketplace where you can buy or sell cards in auctions.

There will be a lot of gold cards, but the super super stars will be very rare. Ovechkin and Crosby will be extremely expensive, and you'd be very very lucky to get them in a pack.

That's the jist of it. There's some other details, like chemistry and contracts. It's pretty fun. I've gotten the past 2 versions of the FIFA one.

# 17 SinisterAlex @ 07/21/10 02:23 PM
I never liked Ultimate Team in Madden or FIFA, so if it's in NHL 11, I'll pass.

# 18 onlybygrace @ 07/21/10 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicLegend
I never liked Ultimate Team in Madden or FIFA, so if it's in NHL 11, I'll pass.
I never get into anything other than franchise...but if an online franchise (not simming!!!) came into existence, I'd be game.

It almost sounded like Rammer might have been teasing us there for a second at the 66 minute mark, I believe.

Should be interesting to see.

# 19 ocho cuatro @ 07/21/10 02:58 PM
I'm really interested to see how much the presentation has changed. Given that they worked with that company that does TV graphics for several sports channels (TSN, Golf channel, etc.), I'm cautiously optimistic. The franchise definitely needed a boost, presentation-wise.

Also, being a Bruins fan, I'm excited to play with Seguin from day 1.

# 20 Tsuki @ 07/22/10 07:33 PM
madden cards in NHL? sounds pretty weak

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.