Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

After waiting nearly a week to pick up NCAA 11, I picked up my copy Saturday night and headed home specifically to do the article you are reading right now. I popped my freshly opened disc into my PS3, downloaded Block-O, GatorBait2006NC, and MZizzle's roster (great job guys) and started simulating.

As a fan of the Southeastern Conference, I thought it would be entertaining and informative to write a preseason preview of the SEC based on an NCAA 11 simulated season.

On the surface, the game seemed to hold up fairly well as a true simulation, but when digging deeper into the numbers there were some issues (more on that later on).

At the end of the day, the Alabama Crimson Tide ran roughshod through the league, capturing the SEC West division title, while Florida backed into the East crown.

After pounding the Gators in the SEC Championship game 37-9, the Tide went on to win the national championship, easily handling the (previously undefeated!?) Texas A&M Aggies 27-10.

As usual, aside from the top finisher, Alabama, the SEC thoroughly beat up on itself as the season went along. Several times a team would be on the verge of the BCS picture, only to be knocked out by an under-performing conference rival.

Now, as I said previously, if you break down the simulation team by team, you start to see a couple of the the simulation flaws, though, there was nothing too discouraging.

Read More - From the Desk of the Sports Geek: NCAA 11 Predicts the SEC

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jmik58 @ 07/21/10 12:14 PM
I'm in year one and just advanced to Bowl Week. Alabama ran the table through the regular season but was beaten by an 8-4 South Carolina team in the SEC Championship game. Florida went 5-7 in the regular season.

The national championship is #1 Wisconsin (was #2 before 'Bama loss) vs. Utah or Boise St (haven't checked yet).

# 2 trobinson97 @ 07/21/10 03:09 PM
The game knows exactly what it's talking about. I had a dream last week that the season played out just like that!

# 3 fishepa @ 07/21/10 03:52 PM
Every one of bama's players is rated just about 90 or above, not surprising they butt-raped everyone.

# 4 The Yurpman @ 07/21/10 07:41 PM
Georgia: 2-6 SEC
Vanderbilt: 3-5 SEC

# 5 UATide @ 07/21/10 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
Every one of bama's players is rated just about 90 or above, not surprising they butt-raped everyone.
Bitter AU fan?

It happens to every NC winner (ratings).

# 6 Buckeyes_Doc @ 07/22/10 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UATide
Bitter AU fan?

It happens to every NC winner (ratings).
And to Florida State. Not as bad this year I think.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.