Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

USA Today just announced "The Jordan Challenge" for NBA 2K11.

Quote:
"Gamers will not only control Jordan, but some of the classic Bulls teams of the '80s and '90s. The games have been recreated to authentically mirror the appearance of arenas and players from that era.

Among the Jordan highlights featured:

-- 1990 vs. Cleveland Cavaliers. Jordan scored a career high 69 points in an 117-113 overtime win.

-- 1992 NBA Finals. In Game 1 against the Portland Trail Blazers, Jordan scored 35 points in the first half, draining a record six 3-pointers.

-- 1997 NBA Finals. Battling a stomach virus, Jordan scored 38 points in a pivotal Game 5 victory against the Utah Jazz."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 noshun @ 07/22/10 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFuture4sho
12?? nahI'm in my early 20's fam n I play college ball so chill wit all of that bs.. I never said that I disliked this.. Everyone getting tight cuz a few ppl like myself aren't hype about this mode.. Yea it's a good start but def nothing to get me mad hype about.. I mean listen if dis happened when Jordan was playing then it's a different story.. I've enjoyed 2k since dreamcast witout using Jordan so him in the gm playable n all of this stuff is cool but not Essential to me feel me..

I think becuz they hyped this up is y I'm alil dissapointed.. If they never hyped it up to be this big ground breaking feature then I prolly would b hype like the rest of u.. N I was n still am a Huge Micheal Jordan Fan... I just rather hear some groundbreaking features for gameplay or Spectator mode online or something but it's good for now.. N next time don't try n dis respect me cuz i'm one of da realest sim ballers on here so let's not get into skillz iight lmaooo.. Ghost

12 years old? No, that isn't correct. I am in my early 20's. I also play college basketball. So please cut out the malarkey. There are a few post that may not agree with other's opinions, but I agree that with NBA2K11, what they have shown today is a good start.
If today's news happened when Jordan was playing in the NBA, then this would be a different story. I've enjoyed playing 2K basketball since the Dreamcast days, so having Jordan playable in NBA2K11 with 10 different versions is cool, but it's not essential to me. Do you understand what I'm saying?

In my opinion since 2K Sports hyped having Jordan, I'm a little disappointed because I don't consider this to be a ground breaking feature. If it were, I think I would be just as excited as some of the other posters. I am still a huge Michael Jordan fan, but I'd rather read about other features for gameplay such as Spectator Mode online, but this news is still good regardless.
In closing, please don't disrespect my opinion. I think I play as 'sim-like' as possible, and my videogame basketball skills are unquestionable. I will read more post later.

Sincerely,
The Future For Sure

Im just messing with you DaFuture.... I get everything you are saying. Your post had me cracking up.

# 62 sheredia @ 07/22/10 12:22 PM
they should include the greatest jordan dunk contest moments too.....including wilkins. that would be awesome.....

# 63 youvalss @ 07/22/10 12:23 PM
What is really great, is that all this stuff is IN ADDITION to an awesome "regular" 2K title. So, I think this game is going to have a lot to offer, and I'll probably spend a lot of time with it, maybe more than I spent with other 2K's.

# 64 ezio @ 07/22/10 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacKings1999
How can people not be collapsing in the streets with excitement??? Haha, this is such amazing news to me. If you were a Jordan fan at all... this is a must buy. Wow, just wow. Not sure if I've ever been this excited for a basketball video game. 2k10, aside from player movement / momentum issues was extremely solid. We've already heard that 2k is revamping movement / animations / Isomotion. Now we hear that you can play as 10 different Jordans and relive different moments against classic rosters? Might have to complete my first ever pre-order of a game .
I agree. I had some credits at Amazon and when I saw this announced it was pre-order time I can't wait.

# 65 MarvellousOne @ 07/22/10 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacKings1999
How can people not be collapsing in the streets with excitement??? Haha, this is such amazing news to me. If you were a Jordan fan at all... this is a must buy. Wow, just wow. Not sure if I've ever been this excited for a basketball video game. 2k10, aside from player movement / momentum issues was extremely solid. We've already heard that 2k is revamping movement / animations / Isomotion. Now we hear that you can play as 10 different Jordans and relive different moments against classic rosters? Might have to complete my first ever pre-order of a game .
It's a good idea just not to breath taking, now I would be more excited if they had classic teams playable in other play modes besides this jordan challenge (Not to say they haven't made classic teams available in other modes) that would be better news to me.

# 66 youvalss @ 07/22/10 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheredia
they should include the greatest jordan dunk contest moments too.....including wilkins. that would be awesome.....
Yeah, I have alsready asked for that on the 2K11 wishlist thread. But I doubt it'll be included.

# 67 Goffs @ 07/22/10 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
That's HUGE!!!

I just hope all the other players who should be there - are there, not generic ones.
hmm good point...if they do have generic one i hope we can use the CAP system to replace them!!

i remember in NFL2k5 where we can relive classic games but it had a mixed group of actual players and the rest were NUMBERS! we couldnt edit any of them...

# 68 Da_Czar @ 07/22/10 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoh
His arms and shoulders are way too big... facial replication is nicely done though.
John the player models are not finished from what I understand. They have not been updated yet.

# 69 VDusen04 @ 07/22/10 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Very nice news.....

I wonder how deep these classic teams go ??

Can we use the teams that the Bulls played for those 10 challenges ??

Is this just the tip of the iceberg ?? Will there be a whole bunch of classic teams to chose from ??
Yeah, I agree, there's a lot of questions there. But I tell ya, just what we've seen thus far has me really excited. I've grown accustomed to the fact that when a mode or feature is initially implemented, it's usually pretty cool but could surely benefit from another year of tinkering (a la My Player) but that's okay. You have to get the ball rolling at some point. I'm just happy to see the classic team ball begin to roll.

I have to double check, but I thought I saw mention of the '86, '90, '92, '95, '96, '97, and '98 Bulls. Along with the '95 Double Nickel, the Flu Game, the Final Shot in '98, the 69 on Cleveland, and the 6 threes against Portland, any speculation as to what the other games may be? Did they mention ten? I'd presume the Other Shot (against Craig Ehlo, if that was not already mentioned) and his 63 he dropped on Boston in '86. Would it be too much of a stretch for a Pistons fan to hope for a Bad Boys-Bulls matchup?

Also, in regards to the numberless players behind Jordan: I'd agree that it appears 2K has either not yet locked in their rights or were not able to ever lock in their rights (sort of looked like Kukoc and Russell). My only hope there is that their jerseys are editable. I'd have no issues whatsoever if there's generic players spread about in the classic teams (it's inevitable) as long as there's an ability to edit numbers and hopefully names and maybe appearances. NFL 2K5 had great classic teams but the only issue was, the names and numbers were not editable until after you played against them or with them in the special 25 Moments Mode. I hope there's an ability to edit names and numbers before starting the Jordan Challenge.

It's all shaping up to look pretty darn cool though. I really like it. There's potential for a lot of replay value here.

# 70 Equinox831 @ 07/22/10 12:31 PM
Cool... I'm still mad that they dumbed down the gameplay and got rid of isomotion...

# 71 youvalss @ 07/22/10 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
John the player models are not finished from what I understand. They have not been updated yet.
Good to hear.

# 72 youvalss @ 07/22/10 12:42 PM
Let's see the "other company" copy that...

Haha, just kidding, still excited about the big news.

# 73 J-Clutch1 @ 07/22/10 12:57 PM
http://twitter.com/Ronnie2K/status/19269061689

I have been up the last 36 hours working on this MJ stuff for #NBA2K11 and being excited. On to the questions... 1 minute ago via web

# 74 SlidinThrew @ 07/22/10 01:43 PM
Unfortunately, I will never complete this challenge. I can't make my blazers go through those 6 three's again, even if it's a video game. It will be cool to see them in the game though.

The rest of it will be great though. Looking forward to the old teams.

# 75 Muzyk23 @ 07/22/10 01:47 PM
Fantastic news. Didn't touch My Player but this is a must play. I guess there is no other player package they spend more time on thamn MJ. Gots to be perfect.

# 76 VDusen04 @ 07/22/10 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlidinThrew
Unfortunately, I will never complete this challenge. I can't make my blazers go through those 6 three's again, even if it's a video game. It will be cool to see them in the game though.

The rest of it will be great though. Looking forward to the old teams.
I feel that. I'm not sure I could put my Pistons through LeBron's 29 of 30 performance.

Though, I wouldn't mind seeing my Isiah and company walking off the floor after being defeated in a Jordan Challenge.

# 77 23 @ 07/22/10 03:10 PM
Oh am I going to be busy

# 78 youvalss @ 07/22/10 03:12 PM
And to think that all this is IN ADDITION to a new 2K game. I mean, it's only an additional mode, it's not even the game itself. Think of it as the Blacktop mode...

# 79 m-dogg @ 07/22/10 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Very nice news.....

I wonder how deep these classic teams go ??

Can we use the teams that the Bulls played for those 10 challenges ??

Is this just the tip of the iceberg ?? Will there be a whole bunch of classic teams to chose from ??

yeah, i grew up hating Jordan (celts fan) so all this stuff doesnt interest me...BUT...if they include his playoff outburst against the celts, and instead, I can control Basketball Jesus and the Celtics to try and slow his Airness down...now that I could get into!

# 80 RIZDRAVER @ 07/22/10 03:15 PM
Spare the shoulders, the actual face is one of the best likenesses 2K has EVER had IMO. Basically is dead on.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.