Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Don’t Just Play as Mike, Become Him in NBA® 2K11

2K Sports today revealed The Jordan Challenge, a new game mode for the latest iteration of the top rated and top selling basketball simulation franchise*, NBA® 2K11. This new mode will allow players to relive 10 different legendary games from Michael Jordan’s illustrious career and challenge them to replicate what he did on the court in NBA 2K11.

“Fans of the series are going to be thrilled to know that in NBA 2K11 Michael Jordan is much, much more than just a cover athlete,” said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. “We’re excited to start talking about the ways that Michael will be used in the game and there’s still a lot more to come.”

While playing The Jordan Challenge, fans can try to stun the world in Jordan’s self-described greatest game by torching the Cavaliers by 69 points in March of 1990; attempt to battle back from the flu to defeat the Jazz in Game 6 of the 1997 finals; or leave the world wanting more as they relive one of Jordan’s finest performances during his last game as a Chicago Bull on June 14, 1998. In addition to The Jordan Challenge mode, gamers will have the unique opportunity to play as some of the greatest teams in NBA history, including the ‘85-’86, ’89-’90, ’90-’91, ’94-’95, ’95-’96, ’96-’97, and ’97-’98 Chicago Bulls.

NBA 2K11 is not yet rated by the ESRB and will be available October 5, 2010. For more information, please visit www.2ksports.com/nba2k11.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 cjallure24 @ 07/22/10 11:21 AM
OMG!!! Air Jordan XII "Playoff Edition".....those need to be in the CAP/Edit player as well. Nice vid. Please 2K, step the accesories up this year. If Scottie Pippen is wearing his Uptempo Air's with "AIR" on the side, with black socks, I will lose my mind..

# 22 Da_Czar @ 07/22/10 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Slightly disappointed that the models are still a tad too broad shouldered and muscular (Lebron pic also), but it's a small complaint. Looks great; wondering if they have the tongue. Looking forward to seeing what they do from a marketing perspective
Spank the models aren't finished yet. Those are place holders from what I understand so don't look too much into that. Those will go in later.

# 23 ifriedrice @ 07/22/10 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Spank the models aren't finished yet. Those are place holders from what I understand so don't look too much into that. Those will go in later.
Music to our ears.

Czar, have you sampled the game yet? This won't be a Q&A... Just looking for a Y or N answer.

# 24 Da_Czar @ 07/22/10 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifriedrice
Music to our ears.

Czar, have you sampled the game yet? This won't be a Q&A... Just looking for a Y or N answer.
Yes. OS was in the building.

# 25 youvalss @ 07/22/10 12:12 PM
All I can say is wow!

# 26 youvalss @ 07/22/10 12:14 PM
There are also 2 screenshots of Mike at the 2K11 homepage.

# 27 bearschicago @ 07/22/10 12:18 PM
Quote:
Yes. OS was in the building.
Czar, in 2K11 is there a simple animation of offball defenders "putting a hand on their man" especially within 15 feet? This occurs all the time in the NBA but has never been implemented in a video game. The first company to include this animation will go far in the Sim department.

Also will cut down on lead passes/backdoor passes/lack of resistance when offball offensive players go to the basket/defenders carelessly losing their man/etc.

# 28 ifriedrice @ 07/22/10 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago
Czar, in 2K11 is there a simple animation of offball defenders "putting a hand on their man" especially within 15 feet? This occurs all the time in the NBA but has never been implemented in a video game. The first company to include this animation will go far in the Sim department.

Also will cut down on lead passes/backdoor passes/lack of resistance when offball offensive players go to the basket/defenders carelessly losing their man/etc.
Lol. Don't get this thread locked, man. No Q&A til they offer it.

# 29 scottyp180 @ 07/22/10 12:27 PM
I'm going to pre-order this game just because of the jordan challenge mode. I dont care if NBA Elite turns out to be an overall better game, i will get hours of gameplay out of 2k11 just from this mode alone. Can't wait to see what else 2k has to offer, i've been satisfied with the little that they've shown soo far.

# 30 youvalss @ 07/22/10 12:35 PM
That's the way I like to see the NBA 2K forum - tons of people logged on, and dozens of posts every minute.

# 31 Da-Man @ 07/22/10 12:51 PM
It would be even more awesome if they could get Ray Clay and have the player intros.

# 32 VDusen04 @ 07/22/10 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mz3v3ry504
i think i'll be preordering 2k11 also
Quick honest question, what is the advantage of preordering? I always pick up 2K on the first day of release (unfortunately, even the dreaded ESPN NBA Basketball 2004) but I was wondering if preordering provided something different.

And on topic, super crazy pumped about the Jordan Challenge and all the classic options appearing to come with it.

# 33 J-Clutch1 @ 07/22/10 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Quick honest question, what is the advantage of preordering? I always pick up 2K on the first day of release (unfortunately, even the dreaded ESPN NBA Basketball 2004) but I was wondering if preordering provided something different.

And on topic, super crazy pumped about the Jordan Challenge and all the classic options appearing to come with it.
Some stores provide extra things when you pre-order certain games. Things like dlc codes, free weapons, beta vouchers.

I don't think they announced anything for pre-ordering 2K11 yet, and I don't know if there will be any pre-ordering benefits.

# 34 youvalss @ 07/22/10 01:00 PM
Quote:
unfortunately, even the dreaded ESPN NBA Basketball 2004
Shhh...this game never happened!

# 35 VDusen04 @ 07/22/10 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V!n$an!+y
Some stores provide extra things when you pre-order certain games. Things like dlc codes, free weapons, beta vouchers.

I don't think they announced anything for pre-ordering 2K11 yet, and I don't know if there will be any pre-ordering benefits.
Thanks for the quick response. Do preorders typically arrive early the day of release? Also, the way you mentioned "free weapons" so casually and off-hand made it sound like Game Stop provides you with a free sword or something everytime you pre-order.

"Ohhkay, here's your receipt. . .and your sword. . ."

# 36 J-Clutch1 @ 07/22/10 01:12 PM
Quote:
Thanks for the quick response. Do preorders typically arrive early the day of release? Also, the way you mentioned "free weapons" so casually and off-hand made it sound like Game Stop provides you with a free sword or something everytime you pre-order.

"Ohhkay, here's your receipt. . .and your sword. . ."
When it arrives, I don't know. I don't pre-order games. xD

& Of course, I've been racking up on those swords. Sometimes they give a shield with it.

free in-game weapons, that can only be unlocked if you preorder

# 37 RIZDRAVER @ 07/22/10 01:12 PM
Quote:
Quick honest question, what is the advantage of preordering? I always pick up 2K on the first day of release
You must live in a small town. I hardly ever am able to find 2K on the first night. I was at Wal-mart at midnight last year and there were 20 guys lined up waiting for it. They ran out with a couple guys in front of me; I called the other 9 Wal-marts in my town and they just laughed and said "Yeah, they were gone in minutes". Took another 2 days to track a copy down. Am not putting up with that BS any more.

# 38 spankdatazz22 @ 07/22/10 01:13 PM
Quote:
Cool - thx for the clarification sir

# 39 J-Clutch1 @ 07/22/10 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIZDRAVER
You must live in a small town. I hardly ever am able to find 2K on the first night. I was at Wal-mart at midnight last year and there were 20 guys lined up waiting for it. They ran out with a couple guys in front of me; I called the other 9 Wal-marts in my town and they just laughed and said "Yeah, they were gone in minutes". Took another 2 days to track a copy down. Am not putting up with that BS any more.
Pre-ordering might be the way to go, especially with Jordan on the cover.

# 40 youvalss @ 07/22/10 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIZDRAVER
I guess living in Canada is great when it comes to basketball games. Most everyone only care about hockey (which I don't) so it's not a problem buying NBA 2K's on day one.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.