Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Don’t Just Play as Mike, Become Him in NBA® 2K11

2K Sports today revealed The Jordan Challenge, a new game mode for the latest iteration of the top rated and top selling basketball simulation franchise*, NBA® 2K11. This new mode will allow players to relive 10 different legendary games from Michael Jordan’s illustrious career and challenge them to replicate what he did on the court in NBA 2K11.

“Fans of the series are going to be thrilled to know that in NBA 2K11 Michael Jordan is much, much more than just a cover athlete,” said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. “We’re excited to start talking about the ways that Michael will be used in the game and there’s still a lot more to come.”

While playing The Jordan Challenge, fans can try to stun the world in Jordan’s self-described greatest game by torching the Cavaliers by 69 points in March of 1990; attempt to battle back from the flu to defeat the Jazz in Game 6 of the 1997 finals; or leave the world wanting more as they relive one of Jordan’s finest performances during his last game as a Chicago Bull on June 14, 1998. In addition to The Jordan Challenge mode, gamers will have the unique opportunity to play as some of the greatest teams in NBA history, including the ‘85-’86, ’89-’90, ’90-’91, ’94-’95, ’95-’96, ’96-’97, and ’97-’98 Chicago Bulls.

NBA 2K11 is not yet rated by the ESRB and will be available October 5, 2010. For more information, please visit www.2ksports.com/nba2k11.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 RIZDRAVER @ 07/23/10 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Anyone have a link to an HD vid of this ???

I want to save/play it on my ps3.
http://www.2ksports.com/nba2k11/jordanreveal.zip

# 122 VDusen04 @ 07/23/10 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawless66007
Didn't say that that was the game, did I? I was under the impression that THAT game was included in the game as well. I thought it was set up to relive ALL of Jordan's greatest moments. Sort of like NFL 2K5's NFL's Greatest Moments.
Understandable. If you didn't see this already, one of the developers said it was a real toss up between including The Shot or the 69 points. He said in the end they just couldn't make themselves not include Jordan's career high. He also felt that many points would be a higher achievement for the player to strive for. I'm guessing they wanted to limit redundancy with the classic teams (as they already had back-to-back Jazz squads).

# 123 jd@os @ 07/23/10 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawless66007
Didn't say that that was the game, did I? I was under the impression that THAT game was included in the game as well. I thought it was set up to relive ALL of Jordan's greatest moments. Sort of like NFL 2K5's NFL's Greatest Moments.
Somebody said something about Jordan missing the last shot so the Cavs could go to the Finals. Not only was "The Shot" not the 69 point game, but it wasn't the Conference Finals either. I never said it was you--I said it came up a couple of times in my earlier post.

# 124 scbond3 @ 07/23/10 02:28 PM
I remember this vividly. "The Shot" ocurred in the 5th game of a FIRST round series with the Cavs. That Bulls-Cavs Series was a "Best of 5" that only existed in the first round of the Playoffs back then.

# 125 RIZDRAVER @ 07/23/10 02:52 PM
I'm willing to bet money The Shot is in the game because when questioned about it not being included Ronnie's response on Twitter was "Who said it wasn't?"

So the odds of it being unlockable, a part of another game-mode or simply an animation sequence if you hit a game winning shot against the Cavs are IMO quite high.

# 126 youvalss @ 07/23/10 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIZDRAVER
I'm willing to bet money The Shot is in the game because when questioned about it not being included Ronnie's response on Twitter was "Who said it wasn't?"

So the odds of it being unlockable, a part of another game-mode or simply an animation sequence if you hit a game winning shot against the Cavs are IMO quite high.
I don't know, I think Beluba said that they couldn't get every great moment in the game, or something like that.

# 127 Moses Shuttlesworth @ 07/23/10 03:04 PM
THIS IS ****ING AWESOME

# 128 crques @ 07/23/10 03:07 PM
I know that you can use the classic Bulls teams in Association mode, but does anyone know if you can pull individual players such as Pippen and Jordan, and place them on current rosters?

# 129 RIZDRAVER @ 07/23/10 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I don't know, I think Beluba said that they couldn't get every great moment in the game, or something like that.
Really, how would you actually pull it off well? The Challenge would take you 20 seconds to do. And if they made it difficult, it would kind of suck to miss "The Shot" and lose the series over and over and over, lol. Attempting a full game seems more logical, fun, creative....

# 130 Beluba @ 07/23/10 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
I know that you can use the classic Bulls teams in Association mode, but does anyone know if you can pull individual players such as Pippen and Jordan, and place them on current rosters?
Yes. you can do that.

# 131 youvalss @ 07/23/10 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Yes. you can do that.
And you guys thought the Heat was going to be the cheesers' team...

# 132 youvalss @ 07/23/10 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
True. The possibilities are unlimited! Me, I am going 90-91 Bulls against the world!
The real chessers will probably put MJ in the Heat as SG and move Wade to PG. Watch out online Sim gamers...

# 133 Shakedowncapo @ 07/23/10 03:35 PM
How about Jordan(and other past greats) in the FA pool for online seasons?! That would be freakin tight.

# 134 Goffs @ 07/23/10 04:16 PM
Quote:
The real chessers will probably put MJ in the Heat as SG and move Wade to PG. Watch out online Sim gamers...
hmm? you can play with modified rosters online?

# 135 youvalss @ 07/23/10 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
hmm? you can play with modified rosters online?
Don't know, it's only an assumption. But if you can, it's gonna be chaos online...

# 136 bigp51 @ 07/23/10 04:41 PM
I hope they have different Jordan models. Like young jordan (with hair) so on and so forth.

# 137 RIZDRAVER @ 07/23/10 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigp51
I hope they have different Jordan models. Like young jordan (with hair) so on and so forth.
That's been confirmed in multiple statements from 2K already.

# 138 youvalss @ 07/23/10 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigp51
It's in the game!

Quote:
In a nod to authenticity, player models will sport shorter shorts than their contemporary counterparts. Moreover, Jordan's player model and in-game ratings will change in accordance with the particular playable moment -- over time, he'll become more muscular, with less hair. Accomplishing certain game play goals, such as making six first-half 3-pointers against Portland, will trigger signature animations like Jordan's famous "shrug."
http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/index?id=5401604

# 139 J-Clutch1 @ 07/23/10 04:47 PM
Quote:
Don't know, it's only an assumption. But if you can, it's gonna be chaos online...
You can't. lol. They always make you use 2K rosters in games.

# 140 youvalss @ 07/23/10 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V!n$an!+y
You can't. lol. They always make you use 2K rosters in games.
That's a relief!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.