Home
FIFA 11 News Post

Back at E3, I got some very early hands-on time with FIFA 11. I was more impressed by the graphical improvements than the on-field improvements at E3 because the game was still pretty raw, and some aspects of the demo were not even working properly yet -- for one you could not shield the ball in the E3 build. But at a recent EA event in New York, I played a build of the game that was about 75 percent completed and left more of a gameplay mark on me this time around.

Read More - FIFA 11 Hands On Preview

Game: FIFA Soccer 11Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 16 - View All
FIFA Soccer 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Ermolli @ 07/23/10 12:26 PM
Thanks for the preview. Nice to hear the gameplay improvements and how personality+ works in the game. Also, I like that they are trying to recreate the Career mode for today's gen consoles

# 2 LucianoJJ @ 07/23/10 01:40 PM
Based on WC 2010 I hope FIFA 11 tones down the CPU aggression. Slowing it down, maintaining possession and building up the attack is what they are hopefully aiming for. Personality+ will probably make or break this game.

# 3 ~LiverpoolRed~ @ 07/23/10 01:47 PM
"And if the AI is using that same player, the AI version of that guy will tend to take a rip at net rather than pass".

I really hope this is true. I find in FIFA 10 and in all previous versions there just aren't enough long range shots at goal from the AI.

# 4 jb12780 @ 07/23/10 01:55 PM
Nice read. Would still like to know more about the new combined Career mode. Seems intersting.

# 5 Randiesel75 @ 07/23/10 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LiverpoolRed~
"And if the AI is using that same player, the AI version of that guy will tend to take a rip at net rather than pass".

I really hope this is true. I find in FIFA 10 and in all previous versions there just aren't enough long range shots at goal from the AI.
I am in agreement

# 6 BroMontana82 @ 07/23/10 08:42 PM
any chance for sliders???

# 7 made in eu @ 07/23/10 08:48 PM
"But, if I'm just playing a random game with a buddy, how will I know which player that is during a particular game?" David Rutter has the answer : " I think this year the biggest part of the new commentary has come about in support of the Personality Plus feature again. If you're playing with a skilled dribbler it will let you know, if you're playing with a strong defensive midfielder it will let you know; a) because it sounds authentic, and b) because it also helps people understand what they're seeing. So if you're not a strong football fan, if you don't know who Huddleston is for example, and you don't know why he's good at some things and not good at others, the commentary will help you understand this year and that's a big part of what we're trying to achieve."
http://www.totalvideogames.com/FIFA-11/feature-15499.html

# 8 Ermolli @ 07/23/10 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by made in eu
"But, if I'm just playing a random game with a buddy, how will I know which player that is during a particular game?" David Rutter has the answer : " I think this year the biggest part of the new commentary has come about in support of the Personality Plus feature again. If you're playing with a skilled dribbler it will let you know, if you're playing with a strong defensive midfielder it will let you know; a) because it sounds authentic, and b) because it also helps people understand what they're seeing. So if you're not a strong football fan, if you don't know who Huddleston is for example, and you don't know why he's good at some things and not good at others, the commentary will help you understand this year and that's a big part of what we're trying to achieve."
http://www.totalvideogames.com/FIFA-...ure-15499.html
Thanks for that news. Commentary is very important and this will help new or casual soccer fans.

# 9 ChaseB @ 07/23/10 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by made in eu
http://www.totalvideogames.com/FIFA-11/feature-15499.html
It's been on mute both times I've played it so far so that will be interesting to see if it works right.

# 10 EricDS @ 07/24/10 08:37 PM
Alot of interesting points brought up. Can't wait for this game!!

# 11 JBlaze420 @ 07/25/10 09:10 AM
I was just thinkin, it would be cool if you could have up to four people messing around in the arena on like an empty net with 4 balls...maybe its too much to handle but it was just a thought

# 12 CeltBhoy33 @ 07/25/10 09:28 AM
Thanks for the news!

# 13 ChaseB @ 07/25/10 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroMontana82
any chance for sliders???
Don't think it's happening this year.

# 14 misterbroom12 @ 07/30/10 03:13 PM
"But, if I'm just playing a random game with a buddy, how will I know which player that is during a particular game?" I'm not sure how much contact you have with developers, or how often they look for ideas here but to me it seems that a simple "Impact Players" screen while waiting for the game to load instead of the arena would sort this problem out. Even if it does only show 2 players per team at most, you still would know who to look for and if the impact players changed from game to game with the use of a team (depending on how many players a team had that were deemed impact players) you could learn the core of the team in 2-3 games with them.

# 15 Lecrae @ 07/30/10 05:48 PM
Yeah but say your managing FC Seoul or something. Just about every player in the K-League have either A) the same sounding last name, B) several names, or C) very hard to pronounce so by passing to a midfielder and having the commentator say something about him it will make it easy to remember that your LM has a good long shot or something.

I think it will be situational like if you try and do a skill move or run down the length of the pitch it will give you a hint that the player is a good/bad dribbler or has good/bad stamina/sprint speed.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.