Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Quote:
"You've got 20,000 in-game Madden Coins from your pre-order. Madden NFL 11 has Madden Moments LIVE this year! This, as we say, is a match made in pigskin heaven. Because now you can recreate the best moments of the NFL on a week-by-week basis. Use your coins to buy individual moments, an entire week of moments, or go really deep and get the whole season. Watch the video to learn more about this exclusive Madden Mondays feature announcement."

Source: Gamestop - Madden Mondays

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Chrisksaint @ 07/26/10 08:02 PM
Heh I won't be buying any coins anyways besides the ones I get from gamestop. I wanna know what the madden moments that are already in game are.

# 22 rangerrick012 @ 07/26/10 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
I can't believe you have to use coins or real cash to "buy" these. All moments should be available to anyone with an Internet connection to play whenever they want. Not really that pleased with this announcement...sets a dangerous precident.
Agreed. Love the idea, hate the idea of EA charging extra money to play them.

# 23 TreyIM2 @ 07/26/10 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
Agreed. Love the idea, hate the idea of EA charging extra money to play them.
U can earn the coins with game play, just like back in the day with the Madden Card feature. What EA is doing with charging for those who are too impatient to earn them on their own is called smart business. U DON'T have to buy them.

# 24 rangerrick012 @ 07/26/10 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
U can earn the coins with game play, just like back in the day with the Madden Card feature. What EA is doing with charging for those who are too impatient to earn them on their own is called smart business. U DON'T have to buy them.
But you can only earn the coins from playing online. For people that prefer playing offline, you have to shell out the extra to get the MM Live.

I'd be Ok with it if a) you could earn the 'coins' from offline games as well, like Franchise, exhibition. or b) the MM Live were just an add on and not extra cost. EA introduces a nice feature, but shoots itself in the foot by making people pay to use something that most feel should be a given.

# 25 Valdarez @ 07/26/10 11:23 PM
Like the idea of having the moments available in real time. Reminds me of the NBA 2K10 ability to play real games based on how the people performed. However, I don't like the idea of having to pay for it, but then I'll probably never use it myself. Very few moments that I want to replay myself, with this being the top one for me - 1994 NFC Championship Game.

# 26 wangtangkiki @ 07/27/10 12:21 PM
I actually thought that this was a pretty damn good idea... until I saw that it costs you coins. Wow.. Yeah, I pre-ordered my game so I get 20k coins.. but that's ridiculous.. You get to play games online to get coins.. and use those coins to play a Madden Moment that takes you 5 minutes to complete.. Most of the time they are easy.. Also, you don't have to fit the requirements to the exact amount.. There was one where you have to go for it on 4th down and make it.. well I failed but somehow made it.

# 27 Valdarez @ 07/27/10 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msajeff
If they're going to nickle and dime everyone ala the airlines they ought to take a clue from them and drop the base price for a barebones product and let us choose what to buy. Instead they still charge $60 and then shake us down for things that have been in the game before and/or are given away at no additional cost by their competitors.
I'm not a fan of their temporary virtual economy as they try to migrate us towards an online/monthly/microtransaction pay as you play model. It's where they want to take it though, so there's not much we can do other than not buy the game. I bought NCAA 2011 this year, but no way would I pay $$$ for a game that's doing what Madden attempting to do.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.