Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

EA Delivers Ultimate Gameday Experience With Madden NFL 11 Soundtrack

Classics by AC/DC, Ozzy Osbourne, Guns N’ Roses and More Highlight New Edition of ‘Most Influential Soundtrack in Videogame History’

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today unveiled the music track listing for Madden NFL 11. This year’s soundtrack features 23 tracks that recreate the ultimate live gameday experience via a collection of crowd favorites, stadium classics, and official NFL team fight songs.

After 10+ years of being a foremost showcase for introducing new artists – including Franz Ferdinand, Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet For My Valentine, Yellowcard, Wolfmother, Jet, The Bravery, B.o.B., Good Charlotte, OK GO, Fallout Boy and 30 Seconds To Mars – the Madden NFL 11 soundtrack focuses on stadium authenticity with classic fan-favorites by AC/DC, Queen, KISS, Ozzy Osbourne (including his new hit “Let Me Hear You Scream”), Guns N’ Roses, The Hives, Gary Glitter, Blur, Ying Yang Twins and Todd Rundgren. Adding to the unprecedented authenticity are official team fight songs of the Green Bay Packers, Washington Redskins, Minnesota Vikings, Miami Dolphins and more.

“The term ‘Madden Music’ has come to mean music that matches the intensity of the video game,” says said Steve Schnur, Worldwide Executive of Music and Marketing for EA. “This year, we wanted the music to not only define the game, but also the stadium experience. These are the classics that consistently bring NFL crowds to their feet. It’s an exciting new audio direction for Madden NFL, one that we know all fans will respond to. There is nothing like the experience of live football in a packed stadium, and the Madden NFL 11 soundtrack absolutely brings that excitement home.”

The complete in-game soundtrack for Madden NFL 11 includes:

Original Recordings:

* AC/DC – Thunderstruck
* Archie Eversole – We Ready
* Blur – Song 2
* Bush – Machinehead
* Guns N’ Roses – Welcome to the Jungle
* Kevin Rudolf featuring Lil’ Wayne – Let It Rock
* Kiss – Rock and Roll All Nite
* Ozzy Osbourne – Let Me Hear You Scream
* Ozzy Osbourne – Crazy Train
* The Hives – Tick Tick Boom
* Todd Rundgren – Bang the Drum
* Ying Yang Twins featuring Homebwoi – Halftime

Cover Versions:

* Rock N Roll Part 2 – as made famous by Gary Glitter
* We Will Rock You – as made famous by Queen
* Crowd Chant – as made famous by Joe Satriani
* Kernkraft 400 – as made famous by Zombie Nation

Team Fight Songs:

* Chicago Bears – Bear Down Chicago Bears
* Detroit Lions – Gridiron Heroes
* Green Bay Packers – Go Packers Go!
* Miami Dolphins – Miami Dolphins #1
* Minnesota Vikings – Skol Vikings
* Philadelphia Eagles – Fly Eagles Fly
* Washington Redskins – Hail to the Redskins

Madden NFL 11 will be available on August 10th, 2010 for the Xbox 360® video game system from Microsoft, PlayStation®2 and PlayStation 3 computer entertainment systems, Wii™, and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) handheld entertainment system. Madden NFL 11 will also be available for download globally on mobile platforms including iPod® touch and feature phones.

Madden NFL 11 is developed in Orlando, Florida by the EA Tiburon studio, which also produces NCAA® Football, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR®, and EA SPORTS™ MMA.

For more information about Madden NFL 11 please visit http://www.maddenNFL.easports.com.

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 PantherBeast_OS @ 07/26/10 11:45 AM
Very nice list. But no panthers fight songs. Man that is a bummer. But thanks for posting bro.

# 2 seasprite @ 07/26/10 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

Team Fight Songs:

* Chicago Bears – Bear Down Chicago Bears
* Detroit Lions – Gridiron Heroes
* Green Bay Packers – Go Packers Go!
* Miami Dolphins – Miami Dolphins #1
* Minnesota Vikings – Skol Vikings
* Philadelphia Eagles – Fly Eagles Fly
* Washington Redskins – Hail to the Redskins
Very nice addition

# 3 jethrobag @ 07/26/10 11:50 AM
Nothin like a little Todd Rundgren after a Packers TD! This really adds to the presentation IMHO.

# 4 jpdavis82 @ 07/26/10 11:50 AM
What about the Super Chargers? They said in the interview earlier in the year that it was in the game too. Very nice list of songs though.

# 5 Dog @ 07/26/10 12:05 PM
im so pumped for this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 6 marcoyk @ 07/26/10 12:18 PM
I like the idea about the music being stadium, hype-up music. But I also kind of miss the days of the newest music being in Madden. I miss hearing music that got famous later in the year, first in Madden. But I'm glad to see:
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!

# 7 Dog @ 07/26/10 12:21 PM
this is a little off topic but that saints player in the screen shot has ALOT of accessories

# 8 tbranan @ 07/26/10 12:31 PM
Awesome news about the old school rock. Can't wait to hear crazy train and thunderstruck. Kinda sad that there is no "When the Saints Go Marching In" but, overall, good job.

# 9 MUCHLUV69 @ 07/26/10 12:50 PM
Hopefully you can add custom music tracks
. for each time I score with the Buffalo Bills I want to hear the "Bills make me want to shout" song

# 10 DJ @ 07/26/10 01:14 PM
Why isn't AC/DC's "Hell's Bells" in the game? I know the Giants use it before opening kickoff and I've heard it at several other stadiums, too.

# 11 mestevo @ 07/26/10 01:19 PM
Man, that's a really nice list of songs.

# 12 bigsmallwood @ 07/26/10 01:34 PM
Hail to the Redskins!

# 13 jvaccaro @ 07/26/10 01:36 PM
this is sooooo much better than past soundtracks

yeah, I get it... Madden had made a lot of pop and rap artists famous, etc... I just never liked that music, especially in a football video game. it never seemed to fit, and totally broke any immersion factor. Ultimately I would just turn off most of the songs and listen to the classic NFL tracks.

either way, this year the audio should be much better, IMO. even if I'm still not crazy about all these songs, they are appropriate to the stadium experience.

# 14 crumpled_heap @ 07/26/10 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
this is sooooo much better than past soundtracks
meh 05 and 06 had the best soundtracks

avenged sevenfold>ac/dc/GNR/OO etc.....

# 15 Nature_Boy @ 07/26/10 01:52 PM
I'm glad they went in this direction. I like the choice of songs.

# 16 Marino @ 07/26/10 02:54 PM
I'm so glad the Dolphins fight song made it in, hopefully it's not that crappy T-Pain version.

# 17 Chrisksaint @ 07/26/10 03:05 PM
Hard to complain about the songs list but really the Miami dolphins fight song is prolly the worst i've ever heard no offense to any phins fans.

Halftime by Ying Yang twins is pretty much a saints song tho, was prolly played almost nonstop last year during home games.

# 18 RedZoneD25 @ 07/26/10 03:18 PM
Would have been cool to see Kickstart My Heart by Motley Crue in the game...It's played all the time at Lincoln Financial Field and other teams I'm sure too. Also somewhat surprised by the lack of Van Halen's "Jump".

# 19 canes21 @ 07/26/10 03:44 PM
Good list and all, awesome they have HTTR. But we really need Custom Stadium Sounds that work. I love the feature in NCAA even if it is broken and limited. Before every road game I take the time to set up a playlist for the team I am traveling to play against.

# 20 SteelBurgher @ 07/26/10 03:53 PM
Wow between this and the new SB Celebrations, I don't know what has me more hyped about M11. I just hope they dont miss the simple crowd chants like DEFENSE! DEFENCE! (the ones they did in NCAA 11 were perfect. The whole stadium shakes and the chant is really loud. Does anyone know if this is making its way into M11?) Im a little disapointed that the HERE WE GO STEELERS, HE WE GO chant isnt in the game and also Renegade by Styx (all real Steelers fans know ALL about that) But at least the HEATHHHHHH chant is incuded in M11. Theres always next year for the Steelers chant and Renegade, Im also gonna be hoping for the crowd waving terrible towels, a sea of them just like in real life (everything you see on Sunday?) anyway game looks great, cant wait

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.