Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

As many of you may know already -- and if you don't it's okay because I'm about to enlighten you -- NCAA's dynasty mode is horribly broken this year.

Since EA Tiburon made the decision to rate recruits lower coming into school (but yet I guess forget to work on the progression of the game), most teams end up with middle of the road talent after years 4 or 5. It's like all of the football talent in America dries up after this year and all you are left with are a bunch of players rated in the 70s. I did a sim to see how bad it was and my Oklahoma Sooners went from a team with A ratings to a team with C+ ratings, yet they still won the Big XII in Year 7 with that kind of talent. Mostly because Texas had slipped to a team with C-s across the board. Baylor actually was rated as D+ (roughly where such powerhouses as UL Monroe and Western Kentucky lie today).

To me -- this just shows how horribly stale Dynasty mode is in NCAA.

Read More - NCAA's Broken Dynasty Mode -- Another reason we need a revolution

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 acidraindrops08 @ 07/28/10 12:36 PM
Let's get one thing straight, were only talking about one issue correct? I understand its a problem and what not but lets take it easy. Its one problem, not two, three or four like year's past. So let's look at the bright side, this should more then likely be patched. So once that happens this all becomes a moot point. So let's relax, and be happy that this is the only issue. Truthfully, its yet to even effect me, since I play all of my games. By the time I even get to year 3 or 4 its going to take me at least a month. I'm willing to bet the patch is out in the next few weeks or so, maybe around Madden time. At least this year were waiting for a patch to make a very good game that much better. As opposed to the last few years where we waited for patches to make the game playable....

# 102 Deegeezy @ 07/28/10 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidraindrops08
Let's get one thing straight, were only talking about one issue correct? I understand its a problem and what not but lets take it easy. Its one problem, not two, three or four like year's past. So let's look at the bright side, this should more then likely be patched. So once that happens this all becomes a moot point. So let's relax, and be happy that this is the only issue. Truthfully, its yet to even effect me, since I play all of my games. By the time I even get to year 3 or 4 its going to take me at least a month. I'm willing to bet the patch is out in the few weeks or so, maybe around Madden time. At least this year were waiting for a patch to make a very good game that much better. As opposed to the last few years where we waited for patches to make the game playable....
You must have missed the PA Screen glitch thread, the FG hitting the goal post resulting in a first down for the kicking team gltich, the team scores in OT, gets the ball back and throws an incomplete pass so the game is over glitch, etc.

I dare you to read this thread and come back and say that there is only one problem:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...irst-post.html

# 103 Nextel Husker @ 07/28/10 12:42 PM
I love the game but I'm only in year one of offline dynasty. It will get annoying if things like kickers can't make an xp or teams like Texas have less talent than Vanderbilt. Hopefully there will be a fix for this. Sometimes you don't know all the issues until they play out. IMO EASports will try to improve this issue.

# 104 acidraindrops08 @ 07/28/10 12:48 PM
I've seen all kinds of threads, but I've never once witnessed the cpu do any of that. I've questioned a few attemted field goals by the cpu, but that was it. I read in terror about the boot screen glitch prior to purchase, only to see it once in a ranked gm. Every game has some sort of glitches, everything you just mentioned should be easily patched. I'm not saying there aren't little issues, the ratings issue being a little more significant. I'm jus sayin these things should all be addressed, so lets jus be happy we have a playable game this year.

# 105 charter04 @ 07/28/10 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
You probably got the original, release day patch.
No I got the game the day it came out. I already had that patch.

# 106 charter04 @ 07/28/10 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Or it could have been a firm ware update as well.
why would I get a firmware update on one game. It only happened when I started NCAA Football. Usually when that happens it is some update of that game.

# 107 ShowTyme15 @ 07/28/10 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
why would I get a firmware update on one game. It only happened when I started NCAA Football. Usually when that happens it is some update of that game.
Sometimes if you are connected to the Internet no matter what game you have in the hard drive the PS3 has a system firm ware update. All i'm saying is it possibly could have been a firm ware update for your system and not NCAA! Besides if there was or is a second patch out it would have been announced by now I am sure.

# 108 cheesesteak @ 07/28/10 01:17 PM
And make recruiting easily sim-able for us who do multi-team offline Dynasties. Like in prior years/consoles'.

Why can't I just apply the phone call minutes to all recruits and just sim it in bulk rather than each one individually? And make the CPU actually offer scholarships or visits. I haven't seen the CPU do that once w/ the help turned on.

# 109 boomersooner31 @ 07/28/10 01:29 PM
So how does this hurt the offline dynasty? And is everybody's overall really low, even for teams like OU and Texas?! That's lame. Hopefully they patch it up by the time I get that far...

# 110 charter04 @ 07/28/10 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Sometimes if you are connected to the Internet no matter what game you have in the hard drive the PS3 has a system firm ware update. All i'm saying is it possibly could have been a firm ware update for your system and not NCAA! Besides if there was or is a second patch out it would have been announced by now I am sure.
I have Xbox 360

# 111 charter04 @ 07/28/10 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdwills3521
Were you logging into Online Dynasty???

Will this patch only work for Online dynasty??? I'm an offline dynasty I swear if this is only for online I'm gonna get so mad. Probably punch a baby!!!
No. I am playing offline Dynasty. I think it would be for both.

# 112 Deegeezy @ 07/28/10 01:36 PM
I do believe you downloaded something but I have a hard time believing it is the patch. More people would be saying this and we would certainly have heard from EA by now.

# 113 Solidice @ 07/28/10 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I have Xbox 360
did you play other games since the last time you played NCAA 11, or did you clear the cache since the last time you played NCAA?

patches on 360 are saved to the cache folder, and it only keeps a few game updates at a time. you probably just re-downloaded the first patch.

# 114 charter04 @ 07/28/10 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdwills3521
Was it at the start screen or when you logged into the dynasty??? I just loaded it and nothing showed up. Sorry to pester you bout this Charter but I'm just curious.
I was when I turned the game on. The only reason I thought it might be is because of a post I read on the EA forums. A guy on the 27th talked to a CS rep and he said it might be out that day. He probably was just saying that but it was just weird that it updated after I read that. I am sure it was not now that it seems no one else has had it. I don't think ea would give me the patch but not anyone else. LOL

# 115 charter04 @ 07/28/10 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
did you play other games since the last time you played NCAA 11, or did you clear the cache since the last time you played NCAA?

patches on 360 are saved to the cache folder, and it only keeps a few game updates at a time. you probably just re-downloaded the first patch.
I think your right.

# 116 jsquigg @ 07/28/10 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
They are mutually exclusive to a certain point. But the real point I'm making is that this brokenness is the result of developers trying to put a fresh coat of paint on a el camino and calling it exciting again.

For those who have played the series for a long time you'll agree: Dynasty mode, at it's core, is the exact same mode it was in 1998. The year is now 2010, I think it's time to rethink the entire process and formula dynasty has gone with for 13 years because yes, it is incredibly stale. You dont have to reinvent the wheel, but at least put some focus back into it (ie be the coach).

Right now, what are you in dynasty mode? The coach? If so then it hardly scratches the surface of the college fb coaching world and on that point alone: it's a highly flawed concept.
It's ignorant to say that dynasty mode hasn't changed since '98. While the mode hasn't innovated in awhile, there have been many positive and negative changes to dynasty mode. You're letting your own personal expectations ruin any objectivity you might have. Unfortunately, that's the tone many of your articles take. You can't always want a revolution, especially since dynasty mode only needs to be tweaked, even if they did change to a career/coach mode most of the functional aspects of the current dynasty would be expected to remain consistent.

# 117 ajaxab @ 07/28/10 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsquigg
It's ignorant to say that dynasty mode hasn't changed since '98. While the mode hasn't innovated in awhile, there have been many positive and negative changes to dynasty mode. You're letting your own personal expectations ruin any objectivity you might have. Unfortunately, that's the tone many of your articles take. You can't always want a revolution, especially since dynasty mode only needs to be tweaked, even if they did change to a career/coach mode most of the functional aspects of the current dynasty would be expected to remain consistent.
You might disagree with MMChrisS's argument, but it doesn't make any sense to charge him with a lack of objectivity. There's no need to be objective in what is essentially an editorial. Give the guy credit for taking a position and trying to make an argument. There was no intention to be objective as there isn't in any of his articles. I haven't agreed with everything he's written on the site, but I never for a moment believed he was trying to be objective. Making arguments is entirely about being subjective and staking out positions. There's nothing wrong with "the tone many of your articles take."

# 118 blkraven1 @ 07/28/10 04:04 PM
I think we all are looking at this the wrong way...the only reason for the "stretched" ratings is for the upload fix to madden 11...there cant be 90+ ratings for almost every position on a good team like Oklahoma, or Alabama...it would result in madden having an overstocked draft class every season with nothing but good players...there should be a balance of great players who can make an impact as rookies, good players who need time to develop with high potential, to the career backups...I do agree however that they should have made this same scale with the stock rosters...almost every team seems like it has 2 or three stars on it.

# 119 blkraven1 @ 07/28/10 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUMD224
That is incorrect. No matter what a player OVR is in NCAA is drops drastically in Madden. Not only that his ratings drop and players aren't even the same. A guy like C.J. Spiller was a 98 Speed in NCAA, but moved into Madden he was an 86.
If i do remember correctly this was one of the tuning issues they've reportedly tried to fix...maybe its a lil different formula than we've been accustomed to in the past...call it the optimist in me that wants to believe this is the ONLY possible reason for this mishap.

# 120 Deegeezy @ 07/28/10 04:54 PM
Yeah I like the direction they're going with lower rated players across the board and stetched ratings, they just took it a tad bit too far. Also having so many WRs with 33 juke ratings and no kickers being able to hit extra points consistently is an issue.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.